Author Topic: WTB Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5  (Read 21980 times)

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 08:23:23 AM »
The original WoF has 19 tiles with number, one of the roads tiles has no number ("1x ohne").

In BB5 there are 16 tiles of the base game with the numbers on it ... and only 3 on the expansion tiles.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 09:13:52 AM »
The original WoF has 19 tiles with number, one of the roads tiles has no number ("1x ohne").

In BB5 there are 16 tiles of the base game with the numbers on it ... and only 3 on the expansion tiles.

Is this bad?  ??? That there is only 3 expansion tiles in the BB5?

Does that mean that I only use the wheel 3 times? Or do I use the wheel whenever I draw one tile with the mini, barely noticeable, wheel icon on it?  ???

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
No, as far, as I read, there are base game tiles marked with numbers. So with BB5, you can never play a game without having most of this numbers included.

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 11:00:14 AM »
There is also an English version of WoF that RioGrandeGames printed in 2009 (if I remember it correctly) that has the old graphics on the tiles as well as on the starting tile/wheel with English words (plague, fortune, taxes etc). Compared to the new graphics on the wheel itself I personally prefer the old graphics with the English rules for points/actions.

Also if you buy the whole WoF stand-alone game, you can just switch it with the normal base game when you want to play it with expansions (that is, if you keep the expansions sorted).

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 11:15:56 AM »
There is also an English version of WoF that RioGrandeGames printed in 2009 (if I remember it correctly) that has the old graphics on the tiles as well as on the starting tile/wheel with English words (plague, fortune, taxes etc). Compared to the new graphics on the wheel itself I personally prefer the old graphics with the English rules for points/actions.

This would be a great solution. The problem is that it's out of print now and costs a fortune (I've seen $200 on Amazon).

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 11:29:53 AM »
This would be a great solution. The problem is that it's out of print now and costs a fortune (I've seen $200 on Amazon).

Actually, I bought my copy (RGG 2009) from Denmark last month for a reasonable price of 305sek ~33euro (including shipping to Sweden) and also found some sites that sold it for around 40usd with worldwide shipping. So if you just put your back into finding those stores you can get it without being ruined :)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 11:43:58 AM »
No, as far, as I read, there are base game tiles marked with numbers. So with BB5, you can never play a game without having most of this numbers included.

Hmmm... I don't understan..  :-[

I can never play a game with BB5 without having the wheel of fortune tiles included?

But.. Like... If I buy the WoF tiles from the BB5 game, then I can add that without problem to my existing base game, yes?  :o

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »
You also need the base game of BB5 because on those are also wheel icons

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »

But.. Like... If I buy the WoF tiles from the BB5 game, then I can add that without problem to my existing base game, yes?  :o
yes, sure... :)

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 11:50:55 AM »

Hmmm... I don't understan..  :-[

I can never play a game with BB5 without having the wheel of fortune tiles included?

As some of the wheel tiles (the ones with numbers) in BB5 have the same configurations as the tiles for the base game they saved some money by skipping the "duplicates" and instead putted the wheel numbers on those.

But it should work perfectly fine to just buy the 19 wheel number tiles from BB5 as well as the wheel starting tile and add it to your base game and play. Hope this answers some of your questions :)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 12:09:54 PM »

As some of the wheel tiles (the ones with numbers) in BB5 have the same configurations as the tiles for the base game they saved some money by skipping the "duplicates" and instead putted the wheel numbers on those.

But it should work perfectly fine to just buy the 19 wheel number tiles from BB5 as well as the wheel starting tile and add it to your base game and play. Hope this answers some of your questions :)

You also need the base game of BB5 because on those are also wheel icons

So... Umm..  :-[ One say I don't need the base game from BB5, and the other say I need it because it has the wheel icon...  :o

So... The Wheel icon means I got to touch the WoF Wheel whenever I draw a tile with wheel icon on? So if I use the base game from BB5, all tiles makes me touch the wheel?  :)

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 12:16:32 PM »

So... Umm..  :-[ One say I don't need the base game from BB5, and the other say I need it because it has the wheel icon...  :o

So... The Wheel icon means I got to touch the WoF Wheel whenever I draw a tile with wheel icon on? So if I use the base game from BB5, all tiles makes me touch the wheel?  :)

I think we may have mixed up something. If I remember it correctly, in BB5 there are 19 wheel tiles with big numbers (1,2 or 3) and then there are also some tiles with a wheel watermark. Those with a watermark doesn't have any effect on the pink pig movement and only marks them as being "from the WoF expansion" and that they were not in the original base game tile set. But I might be wrong as I haven't bought the BB5 myself.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 12:26:07 PM »
ok, listen... if u still have a complete base game u can only thake all the tiles with the wheel numerated simbol + the one with the wheel expansion simbol (total of 28 tiles) from BB5 and put them with your base game like a normal espansion...
when I do that (because I have and use normally the complete base game, no the one from BB5), I put off from the normal base game the tiles similar to the tiles with the wheel numerated simbol ... well, this is my way to mix my normal base carcassonne with the Wheel of fortune from the BB5 because I try to put all togheter, but in a game there are too many roads and I don't like it! but is also true that is frustrating put off and put inn everytime some tiles!

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
ok, listen... if u still have a complete base game u can only thake all the tiles with the wheel numerated simbol + the one with the wheel expansion simbol (total of 28 tiles) from BB5 and put them with your base game like a normal espansion...
when I do that (because I have and use normally the complete base game, no the one from BB5), I put off from the normal base game the tiles similar to the tiles with the wheel numerated simbol ... well, this is my way to mix my normal base carcassonne with the Wheel of fortune from the BB5 because I try to put all togheter, but in a game there are too many roads and I don't like it! but is also true that is frustrating put off and put inn everytime some tiles!

Why do you need to take the additional 9 tiles (marked as bold in citation)?

Because it is just the 19 tiles with the numbers (1,2 or 3) as well as the starting 4x4 wheel tile you need. Add these to your base game and you're good to go! :)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »

Why do you need to take the additional 9 tiles?

because is still an expansion... the tiles have the simbol expansion and some of these there aren't in the base game

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS English Writings Wheel of Fortune board + 19 fortune tiles expansion

Started by DavidY

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
by asparagus
xx
Something big came at May 1st 2023

Started by Bumsakalaka

15 Replies
Last post March 07, 2023, 09:17:01 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!

Started by Willem

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2022, 11:49:15 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Big Box 4 (Plus 2012) VS Big Box 5 (Plus 2014) what is the best?

Started by caincarcassonne

11 Replies
Last post April 15, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
by SRBO
xx
Big Box 5 - A New Big Box in the Netherlands

Started by SRBO

153 Replies
Last post September 17, 2017, 10:31:45 PM
by Paul