Author Topic: Inns & Cathedrals League: Group B  (Read 45255 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Re: Inns & Cathedrals League: Group B
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2015, 08:02:41 AM »
Ok. I may be available for play later this evening, after 6 pm.

If still want to finish that game, jma03. But for the record, one tile during my turn got placed without my concent which was key for me to stand a chance of winning. Either way, the statistics will be wrong, hence I wanted to forfeit it.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2015, 09:20:40 AM »
Ok. I may be available for play later this evening, after 6 pm.

If still want to finish that game, jma03. But for the record, one tile during my turn got placed without my concent which was key for me to stand a chance of winning. Either way, the statistics will be wrong, hence I wanted to forfeit it.

Great stuff!  :) :(y)

@Farin,

I thought I'd try to debug the savegame file for you since I remembered that it's basically just a zipped XML file.

I have a could of questions about this though:

<players turn="1">
<player local="true" name="jacobo" points="89" slot="3">
<player name="Paul" points="58" slot="2">

- How do I know which players turn it will be next based on the players turn="1"? I believe it should be Paul's turn so am assuming that jacobo is player 0 and Paul is player 1?
- Should I remove the local="true" if I was going to load the game and host it for both players?
- Does the slot="3" part determine the colour? I can't find what else might do this if not. My guess is that from top to bottom (also from memory as I'm at work and can't load JCZ here) Red = 0, Blue = 1, Green = 2, Yellow = 3, Purple = 4, Black = 5

Otherwise though, the contents of the file seem to make sense in that each player has the correct score...

Please correct me if I have made any mistakes anywhere!

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2015, 09:55:21 AM »
local="true" is not important - you can clear it or leave - it only cause you have assigned all local players automatically when you open configuration (but you can manually leave/assing slots anyway)

yes slot determine color, exactly as you said
turn player is just index to list of players (starts from 0, it means it's different number that slot)

attaching unpacked file with colors switched
i hope understand it correctly - anyway you can edit it now own way (eg change active player)

btw it's not needed to pack it again, game can read unpacked xml as well

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2015, 10:08:53 AM »
farin are a crack¡¡¡¡¡¡
 :meeple:
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »
Eres un Crack - in spanish is a compliment of the highest order! 
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2015, 02:58:03 PM »
and my final game

farin 143 - 84 danisthirty

Drawing more city tiles and i trying to close them and not leave empty part in game (in fact dan leave me also some his parts and doubled roads as well). Danisthirty tried to catch or at least complicate it, but wasn't much successful. Still think i was badly play cathedrall city when was smalled and can manage it to close (there was many CCFF in pack and last CC corner was missing - instead leaving or freezing last tile to CCFF i place CCCF. Than dani can easilly extend it and connect to his meeple)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
My final game: Yellow vs danisthirty.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »
Here comes the x-score list - IC-League-Group B 13 03 2015:

All the players of Group B have played all their 6 games.

There have been played 21 games total.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
I don't really know what happened in my game with farin. In light of my opponent's reputation, I played relatively cautiously and didn't always claim whatever was available to me as I feared getting my meeples trapped. farin seemed to draw a lot more useful tiles than I did, but he certainly put them to good use too. At one point I tried to use my double-meeple to steal a city from farin as this seemed safe at the time, but then failed to draw a ccxx tile until farin had placed a cathedral underneath which effectively trapped him for good so I had to rely on my farm. With 4 or 5 tiles to go though, farin got his double-follower onto my farm and I lost that too. All credit to farin for playing an outstanding game, for me it was just one long string of failures. I was left wondering what I'd done wrong as I didn't really feel like the final scores reflected how close the game had felt in places.

I think Yellow and I both just wanted to get our game over and done with. He spent most of the game with an 18-point lead but I had an 18-point farm so we were roughly equal apart from a couple of cloisters Yellow had that roughly balanced out a small but uncompletable city that I had. With no meeples left to claim anything with, we went through a phase of about 5 or 6 turns each where neither of us could do anything, until eventually we both got a meeple back and I claimed a rubbish city instead of the little farm that Yellow took. I had lost the game at this point, and I knew it, but the final tile enabled me to close a cathedral city and the 21 points it was worth gave me just enough of a boost to take the game.

Well done to farin for winning the group. It has certainly been a tough group to play in and I would have liked to have finished higher but some you win, some you lose. I've had a tough time trying to understand why I lost so many games and by such wide margins but... well... I'm sure I'll get over it!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Inns & Cathedrals League: Group B
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2015, 04:26:35 AM »
ELO Ratings:

danisthirty     1264  (-21)
Jéré                1249  (-26)
Farin               1214   (+70)
Rosco             1212   (+30)
jma03             1199   (-1)
Hounk             1160   (-32 )
Yellow             1027   (-20)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Inns & Cathedrals League: Group A

Started by danisthirty

105 Replies
Last post April 05, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Inns & Cathedrals League: Group C

Started by danisthirty

184 Replies
Last post April 14, 2015, 01:22:07 AM