Author Topic: Rules of the Ark of the Covenant from the German Edition  (Read 6419 times)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
Rules of the Ark of the Covenant from the German Edition
« on: March 19, 2015, 04:54:37 AM »
helloooo!!
from the Ark of the Covenant CAR:
note 27:
"The Ark can only move after the first Temple is drawn and laid, and then it only moves in a direct route to the Temple"
well... ok... so... in this casa the Ark move following the shortest direction to reach that temple...
but:
only the first time? (and so the note 29 "if the Ark reaches the temple, the player who moved the Ark receives a bonus of 3 points" is valid only one time)
what if another temple is draw and laid?
what exactly appned after the ark reach that temple? it follows another direction for another temple or it starts his normal movement?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1625.0

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rules of the Ark of the Covenant from the German Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:48:48 AM »
mmmm  :o

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:28:35 PM »
Sorry, aenima,
I don't have this Spin-Off - I can't help here.

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 03:09:12 PM »
I think in the german rules the Ark can be moved from temple to temple in a direct path but any time you want. It is said the Ark should be used only in temples, but what if there are already 4 temples? Player A wants the Ark to temple 1, player B to temply 2 and so on. We never played it that way.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 01:39:13 AM »
I think in the german rules the Ark can be moved from temple to temple in a direct path but any time you want. It is said the Ark should be used only in temples, but what if there are already 4 temples? Player A wants the Ark to temple 1, player B to temply 2 and so on. We never played it that way.
In the car there isn't write that the ark should be used only in temple... only the first time for sure... but then?

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:17:09 PM »
ok, so... I made another game and there are other thinks not clear!
1 - what appned if a temple is just in play first that the ark enter in game?
     a - when then the ark enters in the game, it must move to reach that temple?
     b - when then the ark enters in the game, it must wait that another temple comes?
2 - in a turn I put a tile to close the croos for scoring the temple and I have the majority... I have not deploy a follower, so I can move the ark that reach the temple so that I can bring the double of the point, right?
3 - if during his movement, the Ark reach a temple, who move the ark take 3 point... ok, but the ark must be exactly on the temple or I can continue the movement to reach another follower or another temple?

I don't know the original german rules, there are few things of them in the AOC CAR. I find them more interesting, but no clear!

another question...
well, If I play with the phantom from carcassonne... may I deploy the phantom after moved the Ark (because I didn't deploy a follower)?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:20:00 PM by aenima »

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:10:34 PM »
I'd like to resume this post... I'd really like to know more about this game... I love it!

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 09:25:16 AM »
This is what the german rules says:
'The ark of the covenant is used as soon as the first city has been completed. The player who finished the city decides in which section of the city the ark of the pact will be placed and receives 2 special points. Then it is the turn of the next player. The Ark of the Covenant can be moved during the game when the first temple is placed. Players can now decide if they want to put a follower or move the ark of the covenant. If the player decides to move the ark, he can move from 1 to 5 landscape maps towards the temple. The Ark of the Covenant can only be moved in the direction of a temple. Because the Ark of the Covenant only fulfills its purpose in a temple. You must not move them from one side to another in landscape maps randomly, but must take the direct path to another temple. You can earn points in the following ways:

1. Each individual or foreign follower that the player with the ark of the covenant passes on the way to the temple receives 1 point.
2. If the procession of the ark of the covenant ends in a temple, the player receives 3 points.
3. Followers and temples are scored at one time. Example: The ark of the covenant passes to 2 followers (red, blue) and arrives within 5 movements in a temple. Now the owners of the past followers get points (1 red, blue) and the player who throws (yellow) 3 points for the transfer to the temple. ,
4. If the Ark of the Covenant is completed and recorded in a temple, the 7 points for the classification of the temple will be doubled.

The Ark of the Covenant can not leave the temple until it can be towed to another temple. As long as there is only one temple, it stops there. A player can not move the ark of the covenant directly from one temple to another in two consecutive turns.

Note: If the Ark of the Ark begins on a landscape map with a follower, this follower does not get a point. Moving the Ark in the same landscape map is not allowed in a turn. The ark of the covenant can be placed in the temple with a follower.'

So,
-'The Ark of the Covenant can be moved during the game when the first temple is placed.'
If there is already a temple or more in the game before the first city is completed the ark will move in the direction of the temple that the player prefers. It must always be in the direction of a temple. This implies only orthogonal movement (not diagonal), It doesn't go back to tiles that have already passed. The route chosen by the player who moves the ark will depend on how creative it is. You must keep in mind that if you are closer to the temple, the possibilities of making more than one route are shortened and sometimes there will only be one to reach the temple.
-'He can move from 1 to 5 landscape maps towards the temple.'
Whenever the board allows it, the ark must move 5 spaces. If you arrive at a temple before the 5 spaces you must to stay there.
-'The Ark of the Covenant can not leave the temple until it can be towed to another temple.'
As I said if there is more than one temple on the table the player can move the ark of one temple towards another of his choice. If the ark has not yet reached any temple when it leaves the city, and there is more than one temple on the table, players can change routes several times. It always has to go in the direction of a temple, it doesn't matter which one. Once the ark reaches a temple for the first time, if you want to move it you must go through the rest of temples that are on the table. It may be that the route changes until the ark arrives to a second temple if there are more than 2 temples. Once the ark has reached the last temple (maximum four temples) it will not be able to leave anymore and it will remain there until the end of the game.
-A player can not move the ark of the covenant directly from one temple to another in two consecutive rounds.
A player who has already placed the ark in a temple and in his next turn (second round) takes a tile from another temple and places it next to or nearby can not move the ark to that second temple. Keep in mind that if you place the temples in a row or very close you force the other players to move the ark to those temples if they do not want to put meeple. Most would not do it unless they fight for those temples too.
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTT/WTB The Ark of the Covenant second Edition with the wooden ark

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

1 Replies
Last post July 16, 2017, 10:30:55 PM
by Rosco
xx
[WTB] Ark of the Covenant - Tunnel - South Seas

Started by Sinscerly

12 Replies
Last post November 03, 2018, 07:56:39 AM
by asp204
xx
Ark of the Covenant

Started by Halfling

2 Replies
Last post October 22, 2015, 03:51:59 PM
by Decar
xx
WTS: 70 points scoreboard, Carcassonne limited editions (sealed), Ark of the Covenant (sealed)

Started by Christianmocking

6 Replies
Last post December 06, 2018, 06:56:18 AM
by Christianmocking
xx
WTB: Ark of the Covenant

Started by egamar

2 Replies
Last post February 02, 2016, 03:14:01 AM
by Paul