Author Topic: My LEGO collection videos  (Read 13177 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
My LEGO collection videos
« on: February 05, 2015, 03:01:25 AM »
Hello everyone.

Thought I share some videos that show some of my LEGO collection. Not everything of one category of parts is shown as I discover more and more of, for example bricks and Technic parts.

1. Bricks:

2. Slopes and Wedges:

3. Technic and Bionicle:

4. Chrome and Containers (and other parts):

More videos coming added to this original post.

:meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1504.0
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:37:04 AM by Yellow »
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: My LEGO collection videos
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:21:38 AM »
That's quite a lot of Lego you've got there!

But how much Duplo do you have? We have quite a lot. I couldn't tell you how much, only how long it takes to put it all away...

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 05:45:26 AM »
I may have a few Duplo bricks left, yes. I sold or gave away the unopened sets I had. They are so cute, the figures.  :D

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:44:09 AM »
Impressive, but I thought you would have them all built into a giant Carcassonne City or Castle :)

:(y) :(y) :(y)
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:50:29 AM »
Woah!  :o

I have a feeling you like to collect things.  ^-^

I collect stickers and rubber stamps.. :) But not all, just cute ones... I like to craft.  ^-^

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 09:06:33 AM »
This was my hobby since I was five years old and got my very own LEGO set that day. I never forget which one it was. That little set alone I enjoyed building many things for like a year before me' mum bought another set and another.

Most of it comes from around 15-20 years ago buying like a madman parts off the internet for a special project, that was unfortunately scrapped. Reason? Estimate cost to build it was over 200 000 USD.  :o

My lasted mashup sketch for this project would have the finished LEGO spaceship over 18 meters long and 6 meters wide (at the largest ends)

The spaceship would have a monorail system inside with tracks that goes thru 3 of the levels (out of a total of six).
The front end would have a large ocean and a beach with an artificial sun.

Five hangars, 4 of them to hold 24x smaller ships for combat, each one of them had a designated hangar area of 60x60 studs. The fifth hangar would hold other ships such as cargo and passenger ships for planetary surface landing. This larger hangar would have been a space of 1x3 meters and 50 cm high.

The ship would have not only apartments for the troops (over a thousand, some was shown during the Forum Game we did last year), but also apartments for visitors, the captins, the staff etc.

8 restaurants, daycare center, factories (for the ships, cloth and banner etc).

An elaborate large crane that could travel hanging from the roof, going from hangar to hangar and out to the train stations to grab containers.

Elevators, some as big as 32x32 studs.

Hangar doors would be opened using pneumatic solution available from Technic

All the lights inside would be the only thing not actually LEGO parts, as they would be special ordered bulk of over 10 000 LED lights, planned to connect with wires.

Small hallways between the ship's main spaces that would hold LEGO parts of almost endless corridors with pipes, like Jeffries Tubes in Star Trek.

This sadly what's left of the project: http://sydby.com/lego/lifetime/ with a few images.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 09:47:31 AM »

Impressive goal. :)

Have you ever been to Legoland in Denmark? I have and it was cool! =^_^=

I think you would enjoy it. :) A bit expensive though.. :( No discounts on the lego stuff there..  :'(

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 10:15:28 AM »

Impressive goal. :)

Have you ever been to Legoland in Denmark? I have and it was cool! =^_^=

I think you would enjoy it. :) A bit expensive though.. :( No discounts on the lego stuff there..  :'(

Being a huge fan of LEGO one would've guessed that I have. I would have loved to visit it back then. Today, don't think I can. I'm still passionate about LEGO but I just can't afford it, nor have time for it either. Not to mention the space!
  Maybe some day, when I've sold my last part, I can buy a new small set, and start from there like I did when I was five years ago, and keep the collection small!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
Added a fourth video.

Btw, all of it is for sale.  ;)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »
Most of it comes from around 15-20 years ago buying like a madman parts off the internet for a special project, that was unfortunately scrapped. Reason? Estimate cost to build it was over 200 000 USD.  :o

Seriously? $200,000 ?! That's a lot of Lego!

Weren't you tempted to just scale it down a little so that you could still build something cool but without spending so much money?

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 09:03:26 AM »

Seriously? $200,000 ?! That's a lot of Lego!

Weren't you tempted to just scale it down a little so that you could still build something cool but without spending so much money?

With my old LEGO I've built quite a lot of various things. From space stations to large ships. Space was always my favourite.
  But I've been known for some other builts such as a mobile home and a Transformers turning robot into a spaceship. And other stuff which sadly was before my time owning a decent camera or able to digitalize photos. Most of these photos got lost in the move I did a decade ago.

There was always the thought of building a space station as well. This seems far more tempting than a space ship and allows for some interesting design without following the standard engines on the back side.

It's not much, but here is even older stuff, the first big ship planned lengthing about 4 meters: http://sydby.com/lego/
  I'm particulary fond of one of the engines shown in one of the pictures. I made four of them.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 12:21:21 PM »

I went to Legoland when I was 9, or 10.. with my grandparents and dad. :) I'm kinda scared of some of the moving stuff... Like... Carousels and other machines you sit in and fly around, so I just walked around and looked at the Lego and stuff.. :) That was still fun! But I remember it was very expensive and nothing on sale.. :( That sucked.. You think that in Legoland, you would get special deals and % off the prices... But no.. :P

Dad got me this set with horses and palm threes though. :) Very cool! Unfortunately I think I lost one of the horses or some bricks at the hotel.. Hmm..  :-[ 

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 01:47:54 PM »

I went to Legoland when I was 9, or 10.. with my grandparents and dad. :) I'm kinda scared of some of the moving stuff... Like... Carousels and other machines you sit in and fly around, so I just walked around and looked at the Lego and stuff.. :) That was still fun! But I remember it was very expensive and nothing on sale.. :( That sucked.. You think that in Legoland, you would get special deals and % off the prices... But no.. :P

Dad got me this set with horses and palm threes though. :) Very cool! Unfortunately I think I lost one of the horses or some bricks at the hotel.. Hmm..  :-[
Seems, that you are quite likely to lose things.  ;) (Just kidding.)

Well, for me it's quite logic that the Lego stuff is not cheaper in Legoland. I mean: Why do the people go to Legoland? Right, because of Lego. So probably the will pay more for Lego products. I had this experience with Harry Potter: Never ever buy Harry Potter merchandise at HP festivals or exhibitions. Might be twice the price!  ;D
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 04:51:10 AM »
Thanks for watching these, guys.

Never realised exactly how much LEGO I actually had as most of it was tucked away after purchase. Realising making videos takes too much time I did a photo gallery of half my collection, the parts that are still considered New:

http://sydby.com/lego/blforsale/lego_sale_20150209/index.html

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »

Seems, that you are quite likely to lose things.  ;) (Just kidding.)

Well, for me it's quite logic that the Lego stuff is not cheaper in Legoland. I mean: Why do the people go to Legoland? Right, because of Lego. So probably the will pay more for Lego products. I had this experience with Harry Potter: Never ever buy Harry Potter merchandise at HP festivals or exhibitions. Might be twice the price!  ;D

Hehehe.. :D Naaah, I usually keep very good track of my things. If I loose something, it's more an exception than the norm. :)

You would think that at a Harry Potter festival things would be cheaper than in shop! :( At least that is how I think... Then people get excited and buy more! :) But nooo... :( Apparently not...

*thinks*
BUT...

At beauty fairs and Digiexpo... In Helsinki mess center.. There are special deals and offers. So sometimes you get discounts. :) Like nail products half price.. Discount on games and gadgets, and so on... :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
exclamation
Embedded videos now available

Started by gantry

1 Replies
Last post December 06, 2015, 11:24:31 PM
by Paul
xx
LEGO Carcassonne Link

Started by Paul

26 Replies
Last post July 25, 2019, 02:10:50 AM