Author Topic: Carcassonne Minis League: Goldminers  (Read 14084 times)

Offline DeatzoSeol

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Minis League: Goldminers
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 08:39:15 AM »
Well, seems like I kinda had difficulties planning games. That's a lie. I probably lost interest in the minis and playing through JCZ just doesn't have the swing of playing 'live' - or maybe I am more of a social player, who knows?

Anyway, I'm gonna have to pass on the tournament for now.

Sorry for the troubles and best of luck to the remaining players!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »
Sorry to see you go, DeatzoSeol. I hope we'll see you someday in some competition.

As for the group standings, I decided to eliminate all DeatzoSeol's results from the table and Goldminers group will consist of 5 players instead of 6. So, 3 games left, all involve JoeSesquipedalian.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 03:21:15 PM »
I can only laugh and be happy about game that happened between me and JoeSesquipedalian.

144 :yellow-meeple: Merlin_89 - JoeSesquipedalian :green-meeple: 144

This game was horrible for me! I was getting no tiles to work with, JoeSesquipedalian played offensive and I had no response. One knight, one monk, two knights, 4 meeples blocked, and I could only look when it happened.

But playing offensive had its downsides... I saw, he kept missing good scoring opportunities to keep hindering my game. On the other hand I used all of my bits and pieces to further my game and score. Game looked strange, I was in awful situation on map but I was continuously keeping my advantage on score-track.

But I simply knew I couldn't win this game. FARM!! It got HUGE!!!!! And when being 4-meeples down, you can't win farm that important. I contested it! I tied 1-1. I stalled JoeSesquipedalian's game, and made him a little bit frightened. But he's got it (42 points)!

Ending was exciting, all things considered, it was strangely close... One of my blocked cities got considerably big, and I tried to push wizard there (but in the end Joe moved him elsewhere, still 13 points), I had blocked monk (8 points), I had lead (around 15 points), farmer for 6 points... AND GOLD! It was 5-3 (10-3 when counted in points). Gold tiles were fairly distributed, but at the end JoeSesquipedalian got 2 tiles, and grabbed 2 bars out of it, and I got one tile, and managed to complete that golden city, we ended with 7-5 for me, small difference but it transferred into huge score difference 21-10. And it saved me...

Small things could ended that game differently, especially gold, mage and wizard's tiles (JoeSesquipedalian had small chance to grab anothe 2 gold bars). But I can't complain about final result. We played exciting game, we even used fliers! Crop Circles made quite a difference! I couldn't expect better opponent than JoeSesquipedalian, thanks for your level of play!

I've returned from hell, it was JoeSesquipedalian's game to win... And important ONE! We can repeat Flier's Group! If JoeSesquipedalian wins rest of his games, we'll be tied in big points, and Total Score Difference will decide group's winner. This League turned to be awfully exciting! I'm +233, is it enough?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:52:14 PM by Merlin_89 »

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
I also got my game in with ny1050220 today and it was pretty intense.  A great battle on both sides but I ended up with the advantage on the gold bars which gave me the slight victory.  Very well-played close game by ny1050220.

Final score:
 :green-meeple: 143 JoeSesquipedalian
 :blue-meeple: 140 ny1050220

Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 10:49:25 PM »
Great games, guys! :(y)
Only one game left! JoeSesquipedalian needs to win with at least 208 PD to win the group :D For now highest PD was 139. Let's see if Joe could beat the record ;)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2017, 01:46:06 AM »
This is all starting to look awfully familiar! Good luck with your remaining games Joe and congrats on getting two more played.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »
Piet_Agoras was in contact with me, he is not at home, but will be on this weekend. So I allowed him to play his outstanding game till 24.09, but this is final deadline.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
OK, all deadlines are passed, so I make current results official (without one game).

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »
OK, all deadlines are passed, so I make current results official (without one game).
I would suggest to let ny1050220 finish 4th in the group. He has played all his games and he even won his game vs Piet_Agoras who hasn't played his game with Joe. By losing that game Piet_Agoras could have dropped to the last place. What do you think?

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »
I would suggest to let ny1050220 finish 4th in the group. He has played all his games and he even won his game vs Piet_Agoras who hasn't played his game with Joe. By losing that game Piet_Agoras could have dropped to the last place. What do you think?
Sounds fair, but this last game didn't happen on this weekend because exactly JoeSesquipedalian was busy, Piet_Agoras was ready to play. So, I think I'll leave it as it is.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Goldminers: Gold Removal Question

Started by danisthirty

40 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 03:26:25 PM
by kettlefish
xx
Carcassonne Minis League: Fliers

Started by MrNumbers

74 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 02:22:59 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Expansion League #7: Carcassonne Minis - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by MrNumbers

63 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 11:19:32 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Minis League: Wizards

Started by MrNumbers

74 Replies
Last post September 25, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Minis League: Final round