Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77602 times)

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
Re: Questions
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2020, 11:20:52 AM »
Can you place the tollhouse on a just "completed" village (a village with all roads completed in the same turn)?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 45,600+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »
@Meepledrone will cite rules. But I can say, yes.
Rules don't contain any "word" about finished / not finished /completed / not completed road in phase 2 (placing a meeple).

Eventualy you can move tollhouse to before completed crossroad, but it has no sense.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2020, 07:29:41 AM »
[226.] Can you place the tollhouse on a just "completed" village (a village with all roads completed in the same turn)?

(226.) @Meepledrone will cite rules. But I can say, yes.
Rules don't contain any "word" about finished / not finished /completed / not completed road in phase 2 (placing a meeple).

Eventualy you can move tollhouse to before completed crossroad, but it has no sense.

Not much to add...  ;)

You can place a tollhouse on top of a village even if the tile completes one, several or even all the roads connected to the village. As Bumsakalaka mentioned already, the rules don't contain any restriction in this regard. It is an action you may perform instead of placing a meeple (or a figure or another token), and you can place a meeple on a road just completed in the same turn if unoccupied.

You can revisit the tollhouse token placement rules here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Tollkeepers#2._Placing_a_meeple
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:31:37 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2020, 07:48:48 AM »
It bring me guestion
Q1: Can be tollhouse placed by Flying tile with dice.
A: Tollkeeper is token, not meeple - no

Q2: If I made Tollkeepers as meeple with Tollhouse in 3D printer or buy some on e-shop with sign 1/2 to small/big blind (ops it's another game) toll.
A:
a) Officialy no
b) by house rules yes
c) by new fan-expansion YES

I think I have to finish this idea as expansion for Tollkeepers which we spoke on czech Carc forum Discord channel
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:56:09 AM by Bumsakalaka »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2020, 03:57:32 PM »
[227.] It bring me guestion

Tollhouse token can be placed on (and moved to) any crossroads with a village. So there is no need of Flying Machines or Magic Portals for them. The "teleporting" mechanism is already built-in.  ;)

You can revisit the tollhouse placement rules here:

[228.] Q2: If I made Tollkeepers as meeple with Tollhouse in 3D printer or buy some on e-shop with sign 1/2 to small/big blind (ops it's another game) toll.
A:
a) Officialy no
b) by house rules yes

I think I have to finish this idea as expansion for Tollkeepers which we spoke on czech Carc forum Discord channel

I don't understand this question:
* Are you just suggesting the creation of a new special figure, a "tollkeeper", to replace the token?
* Are you suggesting the creation of a new fan expansion to provide additional mechanics to the "tollkeeper" figure?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2020, 11:48:25 PM »
[227.] It bring me guestion

Tollhouse token can be placed on (and moved to) any crossroads with a village. So there is no need of Flying Machines or Magic Portals for them. The "teleporting" mechanism is already built-in.  ;)

You can revisit the tollhouse placement rules here:

Yes. I forgot ;-)

[228.] Q2: If I made Tollkeepers as meeple with Tollhouse in 3D printer or buy some on e-shop with sign 1/2 to small/big blind (ops it's another game) toll.
A:
a) Officialy no
b) by house rules yes

I don't understand this question:
* Are you just suggesting the creation of a new special figure, a "tollkeeper", to replace the token?
* Are you suggesting the creation of a new fan expansion to provide additional mechanics to the "tollkeeper" figure?

Yes. We were talking on some expansion which will be expansion for Tollkeepers also available to play only with basic game (and others expansions) which will include also Tax Collector and Taxes & Tolls fan expansions. But not yet clear with mechanism ;-)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2020, 03:51:34 AM »
Yes. We were talking on some expansion which will be expansion for Tollkeepers also available to play only with basic game (and others expansions) which will include also Tax Collector and Taxes & Tolls fan expansions. But not yet clear with mechanism ;-)

Just in case you need a little inspiration, check this out: Tax Collector by Kevin Graham (a figure-only fan expansion)...

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=122

You can post any ideas you have on the Expansion Workshop and let magic happen...  ;)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2020, 04:20:37 AM »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2020, 06:28:39 AM »
Ah, OK. I thought you were just mentioning the concepts in a broad sense...

Offline Nazarentsy

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 26, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »
Hello. Some questions:

1) how does work “solovey-razboinik” with labyrinth?

2) about castle and fairy:

“The occupier of the structure and the occupier of the castle both receive the full score [30] for the structure (This is after any bonuses or penalties (such as the Cathedral or Witch) are accounted for.“

What is about fairy? For example: BLUE completes his city and scores 20 points + 3 points for fairy. As a segment of the city lies on a tile (6) adjacent to the castle, and it is the first structure to be completed since the castle was built, RED also receives 23 points. I am right?

3) phantom and tower. Is it correct to place figures as in the picture

4) scoring two labyrinths. Example: there are five meeple standing on the FIRST labyrinth and on a connected road AND there are five meeple standing on the SECOND labyrinth and on a connected road. The player with the majority on the labyrinth and the connected roads will get 1 point for each tile as usual. In addition, he or she will get 2 points for each meeple standing on the labyrinth or on a connected road.
10 points or 20?

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #310 on: June 26, 2020, 12:36:24 PM »
1) I think that the labyrinth is a single road.
2) If the castle belong to RED, then RED receive only 20 points, because the fairy points are not part of the feature (same for ringmaster points). Blue receive 20 points and 3 points (not 23; this is important if you play with The Messages or/and The Robbers).
3) What is the picture?

Offline Nazarentsy

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 26, 2020, 11:01:15 PM »
2) If the castle belong to RED, then RED receive only 20 points, because the fairy points are not part of the feature (same for ringmaster points). Blue receive 20 points and 3 points (not 23; this is important if you play with The Messages or/and The Robbers).
3) What is the picture?

1) maybe “solovey” acts on a connected road, but not the all labyrinth.
2) I understood it. Thank you.
3) the picture is attached to my last post.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #312 on: June 27, 2020, 12:57:24 AM »
To picture.
Yes, it's correct move.
Tower floor is places in Step 2B-1 - Move the Wood (Phase 1) - here you places neutral wood - tower floor
Phantom is places in Step 2B-1 - Move the Wood (Phase 2) - Place the phantom in the same way as a normal meeple on feature or Deploy a phantom to a tower floor

Phantom and any other wood can not be placed when you place tile with Princess and you remove Knight from city. Whole Step 2B-1 and Step 2B-2 is skipped.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 27, 2020, 07:22:27 AM »
Hello. Some questions:

Hi there!

Nice!  ;D

[228] 1) how does work “solovey-razboinik” with labyrinth?

1) maybe “solovey” acts on a connected road, but not the all labyrinth.

As Carcassonne93 points out, a road network with one or more labyrinths is a single feature with special placement rules with the advanced rules. Labyrinth tiles work like:
* a normal 4-legged roundabouts with the basic rules (the whole road network can be claimed by one meeple only); or
* a "fuzzy" 4-legged roundabouts with the advanced variant rules (the labyrinth tiles relax the meeple placement constraints and labyrinth tiles and road segments connected to them can be claimed independently)

Moreover, road networks with labyrinths are also scored as one single feature where the whole road network is one large road with several branches.

Being one single feature, the whole road network with labyrinth tiles will be affected by the Solovei Razboynik tile.

You can revisit the rules for The Labyrinths here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Labyrinths

[229] 2) about castle and fairy:

“The occupier of the structure and the occupier of the castle both receive the full score [30] for the structure (This is after any bonuses or penalties (such as the Cathedral or Witch) are accounted for.“

What is about fairy? For example: BLUE completes his city and scores 20 points + 3 points for fairy. As a segment of the city lies on a tile (6) adjacent to the castle, and it is the first structure to be completed since the castle was built, RED also receives 23 points. I am right?

2) I understood it. Thank you.

Nothing to add here. ;D

You can check here what feature points a castle can get:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Bridges,_Castles_and_Bazaars#Castles_2

All other bonus points (Gingerbread Man, watchtowers, tollhouses, fairy, ringmaster, teacher, Markets of Laipzig, Darmstadt church bonus,...) are associated to figures/tokens placed on (or neighboring) the feature, so they are not part of the primary feature score the castle would receive.

A different discussion is if the castle lord can score the points (it is not a mayor) or it may benefit from some bonus points if the fairy is assigned to it, for example.

You can see a full detail of the scoring sequence for each feature here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Scoring_During_Turn_Sequence

[230] 3) phantom and tower. Is it correct to place figures as in the picture

3) What is the picture?

3) the picture is attached to my last post.

To picture.
Yes, it's correct move.
Tower floor is places in Step 2B-1 - Move the Wood (Phase 1) - here you places neutral wood - tower floor
Phantom is places in Step 2B-1 - Move the Wood (Phase 2) - Place the phantom in the same way as a normal meeple on feature or Deploy a phantom to a tower floor

Phantom and any other wood can not be placed when you place tile with Princess and you remove Knight from city. Whole Step 2B-1 and Step 2B-2 is skipped.

Well said.  ;)

You can check the Order of Play with full detail of this sequence here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play

I also added a clarification to WICA based on this example (scroll down to The Phantom):  ;D
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Tower#Other_expansions

[231] 4) scoring two labyrinths. Example: there are five meeple standing on the FIRST labyrinth and on a connected road AND there are five meeple standing on the SECOND labyrinth and on a connected road. The player with the majority on the labyrinth and the connected roads will get 1 point for each tile as usual. In addition, he or she will get 2 points for each meeple standing on the labyrinth or on a connected road.
10 points or 20?

You may have 5 meeples "around" each labyrinth but you actually have a single road network with 10 meeples. So you score the whole road network as a single feature when completed. The player(s) with the majority in the road network will score N points for the tiles + 10 meeples x 2 points = N + 20 points.

So you don't spit the road into subnetworks when scoring due to the presence of labyrinth tiles nor you stack the labyrinths tiles.

This case is not documented but applying the principles found in other expansions, Labyrinth tiles do not stack, the same as inns on roads. A road network with more than one labyrinth will be scored as one single feature and the additional points provided per meeple will be received only once for the whole road network, not once per labyrinth tile.

You can revisit the rules of The Labyrinths here, including a clarification I added related to this question:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Labyrinths

Hope this helps!  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 07:24:31 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Nazarentsy

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 27, 2020, 12:24:43 PM »
Thank you very much!!!

Moreover, road networks with labyrinths are also scored as one single feature where the whole road network is one large road with several branches.

Being one single feature, the whole road network with labyrinth tiles will be affected by the Solovei Razboynik tile.

One more question please:
Let's say "a labyrinth tiles work like "fuzzy" 4-legged roundabouts with the advanced variant rules" and Player adds a "solovey-razboinik" to an unoccupied labyrinth exit as shown in the picture. Do All players have to move their figures to the tile "Solovey" or only black player have to move the meeple on the right? Then all players must move them onto the tile "Solovey" when labyrinth will be complited.

PS: sorry for my bad English.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:28:56 PM by Nazarentsy »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Ferries and the School interaction questions

Started by DaFees

5 Replies
Last post October 01, 2017, 12:32:33 PM
by Paul
xx
Corn circle questions

Started by CovertOps

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2016, 08:59:54 PM