Author Topic: Welcome Tournament 2016  (Read 97941 times)

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Tournament 2016
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2016, 09:36:37 PM »
What If - Daliles, 269-97.

Daliles lost four meeples early on and saw the magical tile given to me for a 3 point road instead...

Roads 30-14
Cities 100-45
Cloister 17-15
farms 41-16
Trade 30-0
Fairy 51-7

Adding also a question on how points were after first two rounds and how finals are calculated and played?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:50:38 PM by What If? »
Maybe I shouldn´t buy kathars, what would I do next?

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 11
  • I have updated my profile now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »
great little game between me and daromar. there was a good battle for the big middle field and i thought daromar had it at the end with those meeples on the bottom left but unfortunately he couldnt sneak them in. he did manage to get into my city in the top right annoiyingly!

good game

clownfeet 269 - Daromar 227
must...collect...more...tiles....

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »
Is anyone available on Friday evening or on Saturday to get some more Welcome Tournament games completed?  It seems as if this tournament has been forgotten.

Joe  :green-meeple:
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2016, 02:03:06 PM »
And i have a few goodies for everyone who manages to complete all their games!

Edit: will try to get the round sheet updated very soon!

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
I'm offline from Sunday evening till Friday evening, that's why I want to complete my games finally now. I wrote a message to StartPlayer and daliles some days ago, but no reaction. Hopefully they are responding quickly, otherwise my tournament slows down even more.

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 11
  • I have updated my profile now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2016, 07:53:09 AM »
hey, i will be online tommorrow (Tues 7pm GMT) - if anyone can come on to finish the games with me?

i think i still need to play:

Daliles
Startplayer
JoeSesquipedalian
Skane
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:55:55 AM by Clownfeet »

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »
I propose to set an end date which finishes the tournament, no matter if the open games have been played or not.

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2016, 12:04:10 PM »
I agree with Adror above. Just saying.

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2016, 05:26:12 PM »
Just finished a game with daliles.  The tiles and dice rolls were in my favor.  I closed daliles' big city at the end to equalize the trade goods.  I succeeded in meeple-trapping and it often left daliles with no followers to place.  The fairy (hada) earned me a lot of points.  Overall good game.

JoeSesquipedalian  :green-meeple: 342
daliles                   :blue-meeple: 149
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 05:27:47 PM by JoeSesquipedalian »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2016, 01:04:30 PM »
Looks like Start Player has disappeared,  but thank you all for scheduling your games.

I'll attempt to reach out for any incomplete games next week and determine the best course of action.

I'd hate for anyone to miss out on a small prize because they were unable to complete their games.

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »
It seems like this tournament is over.  I have made various attempts to reach out to my remaining opponents but I have been unsuccessful.  Is there some way that we can wrap up this tournament soon?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2016, 02:49:10 AM »
Thanks for your patience JoeSesquipedalian and your efforts to get this tournament finished.

I've been meaning to sit down and work out which games were left to play, but a few other things have gotten in the way.

I'm travelling next week, but return on the 11th December - I will call this the final day of the tournament - I'll be producing the final score sheet and organizing prizes very shortly afterwards!

:yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :gray-meeple: :gray-meeple: :gray-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :yellow-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »
Sorry I made this a few days ago and hadn't realized I didn't actually post it!

As I previously indicated : Round 3 is now over and the standings are as follows:

That's quite a few games left to play - I'm hoping I didn't miss anything.   :-\ :-\ :-\

We're going to have to determine the Winner, which is no easy task considering the games left to play.

Here's a Round up, thus far:

Looking at the final round, it's pretty clear no one could get hold of StartPlayer.  So I think it is safe to assume he's out of the tournament.  It's a shame because his first round looked quite good.  I've decided to relegate him from the tournament.

It makes it hard to compare scores between the remaining 7 players.  Taking part in a Tournament, takes a considerable amount of effort, and it's important to see which members were organizing games and coaxing their playing partners.

It's pretty clear that Adrornalin and What If went to extra ordinary efforts to play their games and managed to play each other 3 times during the tournament!  They're also very closely matched - both scoring 15 and 13 Cumulative Group Points (CGPs) respectively; though using (Positive Points Difference) PPD Adrornalin manages to win outright.

I'm not sure that CGP is a good way to compare, you could easily gain 6 GPs in the first round, but I think there's been plenty of opportunity to organize those games.

The following table compares CGPs:

I'm going to make a tough executive decision...  I'm going to withdraw all players who played less than 2 games this round, from the final ranking (BUT NOT FROM THE TOURNAMENT)!

1st:  Adrornalin
2nd:  What If?
3rd: JoeSesquipedalian
4th: Clownfeet
----Players with less than 2 games:
5th Skane
6th Daromar
7th Daliles
--- Relegated Players:
8th Start Player

It was a tough decision to make - I'm sorry it's taken so long.  I hope you can understand all the decisions I've had to make, but playing all your games is very important in a contest!

That does mean I've had to move Skane down, into 5th place - I think if you managed to win another game you could have justified winning the tournament!

But don't worry everyone gets a prize for taking part - and your ELO scores will only take the games you played into effect - so no harm there...right..maybe..I'm not sure!

In the next couple of days, I'll have a good idea of what goodies I'll have to share with all of the contestants for taking part and completing the tournament :)  :(y) :(y)

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2016, 02:31:06 PM »
A big thanks to Decar for closing this so 2017 can begin with a clean sheet. I can´t say I fully grasp the algoritms, but congratulations to Adrornalin, a well deserved victory!

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2017, 02:16:25 AM »
Thanks Decar and sorry for being late here. Not much time atm. I'm surprised and glad I've won :D Congratulations to all players.
Greetings,
Adror

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A Welcome Tournament for New Members

Started by Decar

312 Replies
Last post January 12, 2016, 08:07:02 AM
by franks
grin
Welcome Tournament

Started by Decar

11 Replies
Last post August 23, 2015, 09:24:51 AM