Author Topic: clarifications of the rules  (Read 7711 times)

Offline Mikeagan

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • I am interested in any expansion for CARC2.
    • View Profile
Re: clarifications of the rules
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 10:35:24 PM »
Here are the questions I'd like an answer about the latest expansions:

- labyrinths of carcassonne
- is the labyrinth and all the roads connected to it considered a single road (referring to inns and German cathedrals)?
- what happens at the end of the game to the followers present on the labyrinth and to the roads connected to it?

The Labyrinth (Advanced Rules) Scoring and interactions with other expansions

Scoring:
The Labyrinth and all the roads connected to it ARE considered a single road for the purpose of scoring.
If you have the majority of Followers on the Labyrinth and the connected roads, you get as usual 1 point for each tile. In addition, you will receive a bonus 2 points for each Follower (yours and your opponents Followers) standing on the Labyrinth or on connected roads for completing the Labyrinth. If several players share the majority then everyone receives the full points. If incomplete at the end of the game and you have the majority of Followers on the Labyrinth and the connected roads, you get as usual 1 point for each tile, but you do not receive points for Followers on the Labyrinth.

Interactions with other expansions:
Inns & Cathedrals (1): If a Labyrinth is completed and contains one or more Inns (Inns do not stack) and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 2 points instead of 1 point for each road tile including the Labyrinth itself. An incomplete Labyrinth with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points for each tile including the Labyrinth itself. The Bonus points for Followers on the road does not change.

German Cathedrals: If a Labyrinth is completed and one or more of its roads end at a German Cathedral (German Cathedrals do not stack) and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 2 points instead of 1 point for each road tile including the Labyrinth itself. An incomplete Labyrinth with one or more of its roads ending at a German Cathedral at the end of the game is worth 1 point per tile including the Labyrinth itself. The Bonus points for Followers on the road does not change.

The Markets of Leipzig: If a Labyrinth is completed and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter,  and you have the majority of Followers, you receive 1 bonus point per tile including the Labyrinth itself. An incomplete Labyrinth at the end of the game does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus. The Bonus points for Followers on the road does not change.

Inns & Cathedrals (1) with German Cathedrals: If a Labyrinth is completed and contains one (1) or more Inns and one or more of its roads end at a German Cathedral and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 3 points instead of 1 point for each road tile including the Labyrinth itself. An incomplete Labyrinth with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points. The Bonus points for Followers on the road does not change.

Inns & Cathedrals (1) with The Markets of Leipzig: If a Labyrinth is completed and contains one (1) or more Inns and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter, and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 3 points instead of 1 point for each road tile including the Labyrinth itself. An incomplete Labyrinth with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points and does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus. The Bonus points for Followers on the road does not change.

German Cathedrals with The Markets of Leipzig: If a Labyrinth is completed and one or more of its roads end at a German Cathedral and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter, and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 3 points instead of 1 point for each road tile including the Labyrinth itself. An incomplete Labyrinth with one or more of its roads ending at a German Cathedral at the end of the game is worth 1 points for each tile including the Labyrinth itself and does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus. The Bonus points for Followers on the road does not change.

Inns & Cathedrals (1) with German Cathedrals and The Markets of Leipzig: If a Labyrinth is completed and contains one (1) or more Inns and one or more of its roads end at a German Cathedral and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter, and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 4 points instead of 1 point for each road tile including the Labyrinth itself. An incomplete Labyrinth with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points and does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus. The Bonus points for Followers on the road does not change.

Ok, thank you...
But perhaps it is better to specify that the interactions for the labyrinth refer to the advanced rules...
Done
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:19:28 AM by Mikeagan, Reason: Update to specify the Advanced Rules & other minor corrections »
My CARC2 homemade expansions:
SUMMER GINGERBREAD MAN.

Offline Mikeagan

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 11:37:48 PM »
The English rules call the 4 districts:
"Wainwrights quarter", "Coiners quarter", "Bookbinders quarter" and "Tanners quarter".

Here are the questions I'd like an answer about the latest expansions:

- Markets of Leipzig
- which followers can be sent to the City of Leipzig?
Any Follower that can claim a road can be sent to the City of Leipzig. But once the Follower is in the city, it remains there for the rest of the game.
- the tiles of the city of Leipzig are considered single tiles like the German castles (in reference to the movement of the dragon, to the capture from the towers, to the flying machines and to the assignment of points for the monasteries)?
From the rules of The Markets of Leipzig, "The road on the double Land tiles counts merely as one road in a road scoring."

According to the CAR 7.4 on page 125: 352 It is unknown if the German castle tile counts as one tile or two for the purposes of dragon
movement, flier movement, the plague, and tower range. (5/2015)

I personally would count it as 2 tiles for for the purposes of dragon movement, flier movement, the plague, and tower range.
- The City of Leipzig is considered as The Wheel of Fortune or the City of Carcassonne (dragon, towers and plague can not interact with the interior, but can interact with the outside)?
I would classify the city of Leipzig an equivalent to the City of Carcassonne or The Wheel of Fortune. Therefore dragons, towers and plague can not interact with the interior, but can interact with the outside
- Can I send 2 followers to the city of Leipzig using a double turn or with the phantom?
A double turn is 2 separate turns back to back, so I would say yes.

I would say the phantom can be the Follower sent to the City of Leipzig. But once the phantom is in the city, it remains there for the rest of the game. I would not advise this.
- Can I send followers to the city of Leipzig with flying machines or magic portals?
No. You have to make a sacrifice. Instead of scoring a road connected to the city of Leipzig, you send a Follower into the City in one of its 4 quarters.

From the rules of The Markets of Leipzig:
If you have more than one Meeple [Follower] on the road you are allowed to send ONLY ONE of them to Leipzig. For the other(s) you may, however, score the points for the road. If you send a meeple into the wainwrights quarter you will get the bonus points immediately.
If more than one player has the majority, each one can decide on his own whether he wants to send the meeple [Follower] to Leipzig or if he takes the points.

- Can the Followers in the city collect fruits from adjacent fruit trees?
I would classify the city of Leipzig an equivalent to the City of Carcassonne or The Wheel of Fortune. Therefore dragons, towers and plague can not interact with the interior, but can interact with the outside. Likewise Followers in the city of Leipzig no longer interact with Features outside the city.
- the district Cartwright: the bonus to the streets is added to the bonus of the inns or the German cathedrals?
The English rules call this the "Wainwrights quarter". See my previous post for interactions with labyrinths for this answer
- the Bookbinder district: does the bonus also go to cult place, cathedrals, German monasteries, Japanese temples, German cathedrals?
Yes, in keeping with rules for other expansions the monastery symbol represents all religious denominations.
The English rules call this the "Bookbinders quarter".
Note the rules do not state interaction with Gardens which is in the base game, so I would say no to Gardens.
I see nothing wrong with Halflings religious equality explanation.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:06:05 PM by Mikeagan, Reason: Spelling Correction »

Offline Mikeagan

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 11:40:28 PM »
I will finish answering questions about the watchtowers and the fruit trees at a later time when I am able. I have both of these expansions and their rules.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 12:28:55 AM »
I will finish answering questions about the watchtowers and the fruit trees at a later time when I am able. I have both of these expansions and their rules.

Ok, thank you...
But perhaps it is better to specify that the interactions for the labyrinth refer to the advanced rules...

anyway, for now you have answered everything as I would have answered ... but it is not enough ... they are only hypothetical answers :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:58:59 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Merged 2 posts »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 12:39:49 AM »
But that's how they'll remain. HiG have provided a rule that says all interactions are unofficial. If they do make them official - they'll break their own rules.

I don't think you can expect contributors for citations.

Offline Mikeagan

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 11:58:17 PM »
Without the Labyrinth (Advanced Rules), the Labyrinth is essentially a 4 way continuous road piece.

Following my interactions of expansions with the Labyrinth (Advanced Rules),
I can also generalize these interactions with Roads in General, Including the Labyrinth (Basic Rules), see below...

Basic Road Scoring [and The Labyrinth (Basic Rules) Scoring], and interactions with other expansions

Scoring:
If you have the majority of Followers on a completed Road, you get 1 point for each tile. If several players share the majority then everyone receives the full points. If incomplete at the end of the game and you have the majority of Followers on a Road, you get 1 point for each tile.

Interactions with expansions:
Inns & Cathedrals (1): If a Road is completed and contains one or more Inns (Inns do not stack) and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 2 points instead of 1 point for each road tile. An incomplete Road with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points for each tile.

German Cathedrals: If a Road is completed and one or more of its ends end at a German Cathedral (German Cathedrals do not stack) and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 2 points instead of 1 point for each road tile. An incomplete Road with one or more of its ends ending at a German Cathedral at the end of the game is worth 1 point per tile.

The Markets of Leipzig: If a Road is completed and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter, and you have the majority of Followers, you receive 1 bonus point per tile. An incomplete Road at the end of the game does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus.

Inns & Cathedrals (1) with German Cathedrals: If a Road is completed and contains one or more Inns and one or more of its ends end at a German Cathedral and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 3 points instead of 1 point for each road tile. An incomplete Road with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points.

Inns & Cathedrals (1) with The Markets of Leipzig: If a Road is completed and contains one or more Inns and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter, and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 3 points instead of 1 point for each road tile. An incomplete Road with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points and does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus.

German Cathedrals with The Markets of Leipzig: If a Road is completed and one or more of its ends end at a German Cathedral and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter, and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 3 points instead of 1 point for each road tile. An incomplete Road with one or more of its ends ending at a German Cathedral at the end of the game is worth 1 points for each tile and does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus.

Inns & Cathedrals (1) with German Cathedrals and The Markets of Leipzig: If a Road is completed and contains one or more Inns and one or more of its ends end at a German Cathedral and you also have a Follower on the Wainwrights Quarter, and you have the majority of Followers, you will get 4 points instead of 1 point for each road tile. An incomplete Road with an Inn(s) at the end of the game is worth 0 points and does not receive the Wainwrights Quarter bonus.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:22:24 AM by Mikeagan, Reason: Grammer Correction Clarification »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 11:17:55 PM »
Thanks for your comments,
I've copied this topic and I will ask the HiG Team about the rule questions.
I will meet the  HiG Team at the Fan-Meeting week start tomorrow.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:17 AM »
I've played with Decar the mini expansion "Die Obstbäume" (The Fruit Trees). We maked some photos for examples. I hope to get the photos from Decar, than it is easier for me to write down the clarifications.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 03:08:41 AM »
I've played with Decar the mini expansion "Die Obstbäume" (The Fruit Trees). We maked some photos for examples. I hope to get the photos from Decar, than it is easier for me to write down the clarifications.

Yeeeee ;D

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 07:01:04 AM »
Uploading images tonight!

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2018, 02:11:58 AM »

Hello Kettlefish.  :)
I'd like to know if there is some news to the clarifications...
also, I'd like to know your opinion about the german rules for the new edition of P&D:

The Princess & the Dragon rules (ZMG 2016) now say the Dragon moves on step 1b.

Placing a meeple happens on step 2.

Does the dragon now move BEFORE you place a meeple?

The german rules are no different.

This isnt an issue created by Zman.

HiG chnaged the rules and hence why the question wqs submitted to them.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 05:19:51 AM »
hellooo
have someone some news about Kettlefish?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Markets of Leipzig - rules clarifications

Started by kettlefish

0 Replies
Last post January 30, 2022, 10:48:47 AM
by kettlefish
xx
Clarifications of rules (Mists over Carcassonne) - with HiG - 12 11 2022

Started by Meepledrone

0 Replies
Last post November 15, 2022, 10:31:20 AM