Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVI  (Read 34874 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVI
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 07:06:32 AM »
Q11:
The 11th Carcassonne world championships took place in Essen in October this year. Three members of Carcassonne Central took part (and another - the Russian player and reigning world champion - joined CarcC soon afterwards) achieving some incredible final rankings between them! 8) Which forum member representing France finished in 20th?

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 08:58:04 AM »
Q12:
In September I announced my 2016 Spare Bits Giveaway with a photo containing everything that was up for grabs. All items were freely available to any forum member who a) had a post count of 15 or above, and b) had something in exchange that they were willing to give away to the first person who claimed it. Cathars and Tunnels were among the first to go, but which forum member offered a set of Besiegers tiles in exchange for the item he claimed?

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!

Halfway there!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 03:13:38 AM »
Q13:
It was first spotted and announced on the forums in November that The Festival is now available for the new artwork edition of Carcassonne. It will be released initially in an exclusive boxed edition of the basic game before arriving at Cundco as a purchasable mini-expansion, but who was it that first broke the news of its existence at Carcassonne Central?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 04:13:13 AM »
Q14:
In March, kettlefish started a new topic which encouraged everyone to share a little bit about their hobbies outside of board games and thus provided a wonderful opportunity for many people to showcase their numerous talents. It turns out we're generally quite an arty, crafty, sporty, musical, creative and generally pretty crazy bunch of people, but which forum member has released an album titled "Runaway Clay"?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 05:42:33 AM »
Q15:
In April, a forum member began a new post about a hobby of his which involved collecting small coin-like tokens called "pathtags". He went on to reveal his plans to create his own Carcassonne-themed pathtag and, true to his word, a month later posted a photo of the rather awesome finished article! Several members of the Carcassonne Central community and even Klaus-Jürgen Wrede himself are now the proud owners of some of his pathtags, but which forum member was responsible for designing them and then having them made?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 08:01:21 AM »
Q16:
This forum member initiated a plan to purchase a number of 140 piece meeple sets made of clear plastic/ "ice" from Carcatronn who used to run our much-loved Carcassonne Shoppe. He even had them posted to him in the US so that he could bring them back to the UK to reduce postage costs for those of us who decided to fork out for a set. What is the name of the forum member who made this happen?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 11:49:04 AM »
Q17:
In April, seven members of Carcassonne Central met up at Thirsty Meeples in Oxford to spend some quality time together playing quality games! A surprise highlight of the day however, was this magnificent Carcassonne-inspired mirror they had on the way to the toilets:

Which forum member immortalised himself by sharing this awesome photo of the mirror?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »
Q18:
As those who've known me for a while will probably have noticed by now, I like and am interested in people which is one of the reasons why I enjoyed going to Essen so much as there were so many forum regulars from CarcC and CarcF to meet and spend time with. Decar and I both spent a while with one forum member in particular at the fan-meeting on 13th October when he kindly demonstrated his magnetic Carcassonne set to us (we both loved it! :(y)) What was his name?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »
Q19:
In January this year a new topic was started which was instantly so popular that it was soon difficult to imagine the forums without the constant chatter about various KickStarters (most of which I couldn't afford to back). There are currently over 23 pages of discussion and it has clocked up over 22 thousand views! But which forum member was responsible for creating this wonderful thread?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 05:53:47 AM »
Q20:
In August this year, What If? bumped an old thread in the "Other Games" forum despite there having been no posts there for fifteen months. It was well worth it though as his post reminded many of us (myself included) to list some of our favourite games that don't necessarily include Carcassonne. This wasn't the case for everyone though, as one forum member included nine Carcassonne games in his top ten list; who was this?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:16:39 AM by danisthirty, Reason: secret :P »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 06:43:18 AM »
In August this year, What If? bumped an old thread in the "Other Games" forum despite there having been no posts there for three months.
Correct will be - 1 year and 3 months ;)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 08:17:13 AM »
In August this year, What If? bumped an old thread in the "Other Games" forum despite there having been no posts there for three months.
Correct will be - 1 year and 3 months ;)

I don't know what you're talking about... that's what I said?! ::)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 08:21:11 AM »
I just came in to say, "Thanks Dan for organizing this."  :(y)

I'll let myself out now. :yellow-meeple:

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2016, 07:52:51 AM »
I just came in to say, "Thanks Dan for organizing this."  :(y)

I'll let myself out now. :yellow-meeple:

No problem! Glad you're enjoying it. On to the next question...

Q21:
In July, a new forum member introduced himself to the rest of the community via the "Meet the Members" forum. He is a fan of The Messengers and German Cathedrals, has a birthday in September and got a lot of positive feedback on the "I love the postman" thread after he generously gifted JT Atomico with an expertly printed copy of his first expansion: "Industries in Carcassonne". What is his name?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 01:20:21 PM »
Q22:
In November, jungleboy started a great thread where several of us have since posted about our Carcassonne highlights for 2016 (and there's still space for more contributions if you haven't posted there yet). Which forum member's highlights included discovering CarcC and playing more Carcassonne with his 7 year-old son?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz

Started by danisthirty

93 Replies
Last post February 06, 2016, 11:15:42 AM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXI

Started by Meepledrone

223 Replies
Last post April 11, 2022, 02:20:34 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXIX

Started by Meepledrone

151 Replies
Last post October 29, 2021, 08:41:39 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXX

Started by Meepledrone

210 Replies
Last post November 03, 2021, 09:48:24 AM
by Allograft
clip
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII coming soon...

Started by Meepledrone

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2022, 01:44:55 AM
by Challa007