Author Topic: Meeplesource Thanksgiving Event  (Read 3698 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Meeplesource Thanksgiving Event
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:58:16 AM »
I guess many of us here will already have seen this, but just in case you're unaware, please have a read through the message below from the lovely Cynthia at meeplesource. I wish more companies were like this, and will be placing a special meeplesource order to support it... :(y) :(y) :(y)

Happy Thanksgiving! And a Special Character Meeple Event

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. Getting together with friends and family and playing games... and of course remembering all of things in life that we are so thankful for.

For Chris and I that means all of you, our loyal customers, especially those of you who helped support this first Character Meeples project on Kickstarter. This helped set the stage for everything that was to come for us over the next couple of years. We are also very thankful to three very special people who make up the rest of our Meeple Source team. That is Andrea, our talented artist that created all of these wonderful meeple designs, and Karen and Erika who keep the shop organized, make up meeple sets, ship orders, and so much more. Being such a small company, the three of them are each a special and very important part of our team here and make everything we do at Meeple Source possible.

This year, Chris and I wanted to do something special for the three of them. So, between right now and the end of the day on Monday the 27th, 100% of all sales of individual and 8-piece character sets will go directly to them, as a bonus on their paychecks next week. We will donate all of the meeples to this, so that the full selling price of every Character Meeple will go directly to them, and in plenty of time for the holidays!

Over the years, many of your have expressed your appreciation for Andrea for her gorgeous art, as well as for Erika and Karen for all their hard work keeping Meeple Source running smooth and orders going out quickly. So, if you have some Character Meeples you've been thinking about getting, now would be a great time to add those little guys to your collection, and help us show appreciation to these three very special women at the same time!

If you'd like to look through all the options that you can pick from, you can browse through them here!

Thank you again for supporting us, and believing in us. And we wish you a very happy holiday weekend, filled with food, fun, friends, family, and everything else you hold dear!

Sincerely,
Cynthia (and Chris)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3639.0

Offline Squiffything

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
  • Do I smell onions?
    • View Profile
Re: Meeplesource Thanksgiving Event
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »
I bet you'll be ordering more of their Danisthirty meeples won't ya?! You must be running out.
Oooo, look at all the meeples

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:35:10 AM »
Dan, and maybe more UK based people, would it be an idea to order together, to save on p&p?
I saw their email regarding the new full sets in new colours, and will want to look to order some stuff, but we can all save a bit if we order together?
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Squiffything

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
  • Do I smell onions?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:16:42 AM »
Maybe a good idea, I've had a look through and without thinking about it I've run up a £40 odd bill before postage! And that's before I include a few Dan Meeples!

It does include a few Yetis :) (The Slackers amongst us will know why ) oh and those that aren't get on the Slack channel.

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:29:37 AM »
I see they're also now selling complete 19-piece meeple sets in ten alt colours: pink, purple, orange, white, brown, lime, salmon, violet, sky blue, and turquoise.

Strange that they've decided not to include unpainted and tan sets, though.

Offline SamoolSamosa

• Freeman
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »
I see they're also now selling complete 19-piece meeple sets in ten alt colours: pink, purple, orange, white, brown, lime, salmon, violet, sky blue, and turquoise.

When I looked at the websites it said they were selling unpainted?

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »

When I looked at the websites it said they were selling unpainted?

Sorry, to clarify, when I said 19-piece meeple sets, I mean 8x regular followers, and 1x big follower, mayor, pig, barn, wagon, messenger, thief, abbott, builder, shepherd and ringmaster (or whatever the new one's called). They are selling sets of tan and unpainted regular meeples, but no sets that include all of the expansions, according to their latest email.

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
This is totally unrelated, but I didn't realize that Meeplesource was in the US until I saw the word "favorite". I mean, I should've realized when I saw the word "Thanksgiving".
Oh wow, it seems that I'm gonna have a permanent head damage (aka PhD).

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 02:22:55 PM »
Do you have a link?
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »
Do you have a link?

There is a link to meeplesource in the first paragraph of the first post, and here. Or you could Google them. Just click on Character Meeples when you find it.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Thanksgiving Five-Player Base Game+IC+TB+PD

Started by kothmann

3 Replies
Last post November 28, 2021, 08:43:50 PM
by Challa007
xx
meeplesource.com

Started by Purity

12 Replies
Last post January 01, 2014, 04:31:56 AM
by Khonnor
xx
info about MeepleSource

Started by aenima

9 Replies
Last post March 15, 2015, 03:23:09 AM
by aenima
question
Carcassonne Central - MeepleSource Mascot - Theme

Started by Decar

14 Replies
Last post July 29, 2016, 01:30:55 AM
by Decar
xx
WTS: River III, Rats for Plague (from meeplesource)

Started by Caciej

2 Replies
Last post December 01, 2017, 02:05:23 PM
by Caciej