Author Topic: Winter edition adaptations?  (Read 8927 times)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Winter edition adaptations?
« on: August 19, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »
Took a first look at the CAR for the Winter ed. today.  Left me with a few questions. 

Has anyone adapted the Gingerbread rules to the regular game?  Seems simple enough to do, just need some tiles to do it with.  It might be a good use of the Plague tiles if you don't want to use the plague rules.  You could paint up an old pointy head Discovery meeple (which I understand do not come with that game anymore, is that right?)

I assume the animal tiles on the winter edition are similar to the animals from the H&G variant.  I can only assume because I've never seen it.  Would it work the same way?  Have we submitted any suggestions for them to HiG?  I see in the rules that they have offered to take them.  Has anyone done something with them here?

I could probaly find the answers to some of these questions if I spend time looking, but I thought I'd let someone who knows point me right to them.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=387.0
Flee the fleas.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Winter edition adaptations?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:34:36 AM »
Took a first look at the CAR for the Winter ed. today.  Left me with a few questions. 

Has anyone adapted the Gingerbread rules to the regular game?  Seems simple enough to do, just need some tiles to do it with.  It might be a good use of the Plague tiles if you don't want to use the plague rules.  You could paint up an old pointy head Discovery meeple (which I understand do not come with that game anymore, is that right?)
Yes, Fritz_Spinne created a vanilla version. Please look here in the old CarcC Forum:
Santa Claus in Carcassonne

And more information (also the tiles) are at the Carcassonne-Forum in the Download there - only for members at CarcF (carcassonne-forum.de is the Carcassonne-Forum).
Nikolaus Erweiterung (entspricht Lebkuchenmann)
http://carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=203
Please put the link to a new page at your browser (because of the umlaut-monster)

I assume the animal tiles on the winter edition are similar to the animals from the H&G variant.  I can only assume because I've never seen it.  Would it work the same way?  Have we submitted any suggestions for them to HiG?  I see in the rules that they have offered to take them.  Has anyone done something with them here?

I could probaly find the answers to some of these questions if I spend time looking, but I thought I'd let someone who knows point me right to them.
The animals for the Winter-Edition haven't any officially rules. At BGG are some interesting ideas.

At CarcF we have some expansions for the Winter-Edition (for example the tower in the winter).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:34:39 PM by kettlefish, Reason: changed the link to CarcF »

Offline wicke

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 11
  • The Vikings will invade the South Seas
    • View Profile
    • Patrik's Page
Re: Winter edition adaptations?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 03:08:24 AM »
I believe I posted a comment in this thread earlier but it seems to have vanished.
I have a few fan-made expansions to the Winter edition in the workshop.
For instance The Birds and Fox on the Run deals with the new tiles with animals.
My website:
http://www.wikstromtree.org/
although the games page is yet to be started

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Is this picture real? Winter Edition (2020) with River.

Started by Bumsakalaka

206 Replies
Last post February 11, 2023, 09:47:10 AM
by Willem
xx
WTB: Carcassonne Winter Edition with Gingerbreadman and Corn Circles Expansions

Started by asp204

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2018, 03:09:23 AM
by dronedrone
xx
Winter Edition animal tile rules?