Author Topic: CAR 6.4 Errata  (Read 19317 times)

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Re: CAR 6.4 Errata
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 01:59:47 AM »
Hi DaFees,

The issue that you are raising is a well-known difference between the RGG/ZMG and HiG rules on dragon movement. This is actually dealt with in the CAR in footnote 129 (v6.4) and further explained in the Summary of Rules Sets and Changes on page 173.

The CAR takes the HiG rule (dragon movement before scoring) as canonical, as per page 50:

A player who places a dragon tile may deploy a follower or move the fairy as usual. 127 128 Then (before scoring) the game is interrupted129the dragon is on the move!

Hope that helps! Do keep raising these differences as you find them  :)

I think you are missing my point. I've read the CAR and I know it follows HiG in that dragon movement happens before scoring. ZMG of course follows HiG. I also know that footnote 129 does say that per RGG rules scoring happens before dragon movement. However what I am saying is I think found information to the contrary. I am saying that per RGG's Big Box 3 rule set it says that scoring happens both before AND after dragon movement. Look at the rules .pdf I linked. Go to page 15 of that document and tell me what you see?

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 05:57:22 AM »
I think you are missing my point.... I am saying that per RGG's Big Box 3 rule set it says that scoring happens both before AND after dragon movement. Look at the rules .pdf I linked. Go to page 15 of that document and tell me what you see?

I see it DaFees. Good find. There is a contradiction there, which means RGG almost got it right - but instead, even worse, left confusion. I'm not sure I see the value in pointing it out in the CAR. The contradiction to HiG has already been pointed out. The goal really is to establish the CAR as the master rule alignment resource. That has been accomplished relative to RGG at least. The challenge is getting the word out.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Z-man Games will publish the Minis 1-6 in the tuckboxes.
(this year in April)

Obervet,
we have to look in the next coming ZMG rule for each mini.
Then you will see the change of the rule for the minis from RGG (tuckbox) to ZMG (BigBox) also ZMG (tuckbox).

Offline Procyon

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »
Wasn't The Tunnel originally released in SpielBox? The CAR says Hans im Glück.

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 11:25:25 AM »
Wasn't The Tunnel originally released in SpielBox? The CAR says Hans im Glück.

You are correct -- the Tunnel was released in Spielbox. I have changed the subheading to reflect that.

Offline StormCrow42

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
we have to look in the next coming ZMG rule for each mini.
Then you will see the change of the rule for the minis from RGG (tuckbox) to ZMG (BigBox) also ZMG (tuckbox).

You can download the individual minis rules from the ZMG website already.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 03:54:37 AM »
In CAR 6.4 pdf document, notation 100, there is a link to an image Cathars expelled.JPG but the link is spelled wrong, lacking either a blank space or an underscore between Cathars and expelled, leading to a wikipedia error page.

On another note, found the original artist for the image (if not already knew) to be Boucicaut  Master.
http://www.lookandlearn.com/history-images/XB053185/The-expulsion-of-the-Albigensians-from-Carcassonne?img=15&search=Boucicaut+Master&bool=phrase

:meeple:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:15:45 AM by Yellow »
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 08:19:48 AM »
In CAR 6.4 pdf document, notation 100, there is a link to an image Cathars expelled.JPG but the link is spelled wrong, lacking either a blank space or an underscore between Cathars and expelled, leading to a wikipedia error page.

On another note, found the original artist for the image (if not already knew) to be Boucicaut  Master.
http://www.lookandlearn.com/history-images/XB053185/The-expulsion-of-the-Albigensians-from-Carcassonne?img=15&search=Boucicaut+Master&bool=phrase

:meeple:

Updated. Thanks!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
RCA (the italian version of the CAR)

Started by aenima

2 Replies
Last post January 19, 2015, 05:38:13 AM
by aenima
xx
Priority: Need Links to New CAR

Started by Whaleyland

32 Replies
Last post November 02, 2013, 04:09:53 AM
by danielbrie
xx
Escape from besieged city missing from CAR's "Order of Play"

Started by JT Atomico

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 12:34:45 PM
by obervet
xx
Idea for a Future Variant CAR

Started by Whaleyland

22 Replies
Last post May 24, 2014, 08:00:10 AM
by Scott
question
Does the River Separate Two Farms, is this stated anywhere in the CAR?

Started by Gerry

29 Replies
Last post August 16, 2014, 06:33:48 AM
by Gerry