Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159749 times)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #1215 on: April 11, 2016, 09:41:26 AM »
It's got less far to go though.

But why would mine ship later than his, if my order was placed before his??? There's only one explanation, it's a conspiracy! ;D

Its not about the moment its placed. Its about the moment its payed I guess. But cundco can do it different ofcourse
Paid on 5th too...

Okay then I dont know..

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #1216 on: April 11, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »
Not the first time it's happened, certainly won't be the last. As long as I get it, it's not really that important (sobs quietly in the corner about the conspiracy)
Whatever it is, it's probably in the post from Germany...

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #1217 on: April 11, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »
Kinda sucks for me. Waited several years and then I bought the Tunnel for a high price and barely a month later, they issue a resale for it. Really bummed.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »
Kinda sucks for me. Waited several years and then I bought the Tunnel for a high price and barely a month later, they issue a resale for it. Really bummed.
I always say - don't buy  at ebay for an expensive prise. Wait until the publisher (HiG/CundCo and spielbox) will sell again such mini-expansions for a human small prise...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:20:12 PM by kettlefish »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 11, 2016, 02:02:52 PM »
I always say - don't buy  at ebay for an expensive prise. Wait until the publisher (HiG/CundCo and spielbox) will sell again such mini-expansions for a human small prise...

Yes you do. But as much as I resent paying over the odds, and knowing that I am doing so, waiting for years for something to be re-released at a reasonable price just isn't worth the wait as far as I'm concerned. I don't consider myself to be an especially impatient person, but if it's a case of "pay 40 Euros and get it now" or "spend two years hoping that it will be re-released and then pay 4 Euros if you're lucky enough that it eventually is" then I think I'd rather just fork out the extra money now and make the most of the two years I have my expansion for while everyone else is waiting... :P

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #1220 on: April 11, 2016, 02:08:55 PM »
Well said Dan. That's my view too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »
It's certainly not predictable. I'm glad spielbox has decided to print some more things. But will a 70point score track be released, will Cult Seige and Creative be rereleased? Theres plenty of unavailable stuff and it seems unpredictable. Given the introduction of the new art work I think publishers will spend time supporting this, I suspect to be waiting a while for expansions in the old artwork if I've not got them already!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2016, 03:17:00 PM »
It's certainly not predictable. I'm glad spielbox has decided to print some more things. But will a 70point score track be released, will Cult Seige and Creative be rereleased? Theres plenty of unavailable stuff and it seems unpredictable. Given the introduction of the new art work I think publishers will spend time supporting this, I suspect to be waiting a while for expansions in the old artwork if I've not got them already!
Cult, Siege & Creativity was never released by Hans im Glück, only Rio Grande Games, which no longer has the license. So no, it won't ever be released again. Neither will the Games Quarterly Expansion or the unproduced Tunnels, Crop Circles & Plague expansion. Z-Man may be able to release its own version, but I'm not sure if that's allowed in their contract.

Had I waited for Crop Circles I, I still would be waiting today. With the new artwork their primary focus, I don't see the reprinting of long out-of-print expansions something that is going to happen unless they find spare boxes of old sets, as Spielbox seems to have done a few times.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:18:47 PM by whaleyland »

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2016, 06:10:39 PM »
A couple of goodies in the mail today:

The 10 years score board (eBay) is just for novelty and was inexpensive.

La Porxada from BBG market place is a very good hand made tile.
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline wamboyil

• Vassal
  • Merit: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 11, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
Over three weeks now (March 21) since I placed my order for German Cathedrals, Dynasties, and some Corn Circle I tiles, and the order STILL says "not processed yet" at the cundco.de site. I'm just about done with cundco, hiG, and Carcassonne in general if they can't get their shit together. This is too much aggravation for what is supposed to be a nice, friendly hobby. Why advertise on your website that you have things available to order if it is going to be nearly impossible for you to actually fulfill an order?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1225 on: April 11, 2016, 11:45:28 PM »
I'm sorry you feel this way wamboyil, I had to wait several weeks for an order after Essen last year, mine said it was shipped but DHL didnt have a record of it.  I recently placed an order with another German retailer who lost my payment.  Thankfully they were both sorted out eventually, I think there may be some odd processing in the EU that sometimes delays payments and this might make it difficult.  Such safe guards are trying to prevent fraud, but end up being a pain for the consumer.  I'm guessing you've tried to contact Cundco.  It's got to be pretty hard, HiG is only a handful of people and from what I understand they don't actually run the shop everyday. I very much doubt this has happened because they are targetting you specifically.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1226 on: April 12, 2016, 12:14:53 AM »
Just to confirm: spielbox hasnt printed new copies of the tunnels, their site says the following:
While the spring cleaning in March in our warehouse we found some copies of issue 6/2009 (incl. the tunnel for Carcassonne) and 6/2010 (incl. the plague for Carcassonne).

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 12, 2016, 01:10:58 AM »
Received labyrinth and little buildings from spielbox today (as well as halflings and german cathedrals from cundco last week), making a nice little haul of new expansions to try...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 12, 2016, 01:57:04 AM »
This is too much aggravation for what is supposed to be a nice, friendly hobby.

As far as I’m concerned, the niceness or friendliness of the hobby isn’t impacted by your experience of good or bad service offered by certain providers. If you want a reason to give up Carcassonne, do it because of how annoying it is when your opponents draw all the best tiles and you KEEP drawing roads, or because you went last and had one less turn than everyone else, and lost by one point with a meeple in hand. That’s usually why I give it up. But after a few days I’ll give it another chance, have a much better experience and all is forgiven...

Not to undermine your inevitable frustration, but I honestly can’t see how the friendliness of the hobby is being called into question over this. Unless they’re deliberately delaying your order because they don’t like you. I doubt this is the case.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #1229 on: April 12, 2016, 02:27:51 AM »
I believe Cundco's workload has been blooming as of late, and thus it takes longer for many orders. From what I understand, they are only 4 people handling the entire business of Cundco, which includes 2 interns.

http://cundco.de/en/about-us

Hope this helps.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
I Love the Landscape!