Author Topic: Problems Using JCZ on Surface Pro  (Read 2414 times)

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
Problems Using JCZ on Surface Pro
« on: August 24, 2017, 08:42:59 AM »
Hello All!

After my eventful game on JCZ with Jéré today I tried to play on JCZ on my Surface Pro 4. I could download the executable file and Java, but found that I couldn't create an online session through this. I could, however, log in on my pc.

Any thoughts?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3515.0
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems Using JCZ on Surface Pro
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »
No idea about JCZ specifically, but I can tell you I am in customer service for a software developer, and some of our clients are having multiple problems with some of Microsoft's own application features on their Surface Pros. Personally I think Microsoft's quality control has gone in the toilet in the last couple years, and I do not recommend being an early adopter of any MS technology until they get it together as a company.

Sorry this doesn't solve your problem ... it's more of a caution to those who are thinking about getting a Surface but haven't done so yet. My advice is DON'T.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »
I agree with you so much in regards to the Surface 1 and 2, but Surface 3 and 4, since they include Intel software and not the obsolete Windows RT, has made greater strides and does endorse many other products. Maybe this is another example of how disjointed the products are, or maybe it is a glitch

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 10:39:50 AM »
I've had numerous problems with a Surface after a Windows Update.  The local Firewall will be blocking outbound connections to places it considers odd... I wouldn't be surprised if a direct connection to the JCZ is considered odd.

I'd disable the firewall (there's 3 of the things) and see if that helps.  Then look at working out how to add a rule so it can connect through.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Connection problems with JCZ

Started by B1tchFight

5 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 03:29:52 AM
by B1tchFight
xx
Can a follower, using a flying machine, land on a tile occupied by a Mage?

Started by ac1982

5 Replies
Last post March 05, 2022, 11:52:48 AM
by Meepledrone
thumbup
How to pay in (e.g) GBP using PayPal with EUR

Started by egamar

0 Replies
Last post July 31, 2022, 01:26:21 AM
by egamar
xx
Using M&Ms to flag cities during the game