Author Topic: Carcassonne Shoppe - Shipping conditions  (Read 8870 times)

Offline danielbrie

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
Carcassonne Shoppe - Shipping conditions
« on: November 01, 2013, 01:03:48 AM »
I have them both at www.CarcassonneShoppe.com..... Die Windrosen is the same offered at Carcassonne on Tour
The only problem I have with CarcassonneShoppe is the missing shipping info. You don't have, like other online shops, a table with approximate shipping values. I bought from you, and I can say that the fees are very low, but could be a business boost if these low values can be seen at a glance by the future buyer.
Just my two cents.
 :blue-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=507.0

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Shoppe - Shipping conditions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 01:56:12 AM »
I bought from you, and I can say that the fees are very low, but could be a business boost if these low values can be seen at a glance by the future buyer.

+1, I was put off by the delivery charges at first (I live in the UK) until I read on this forum that you can do reduced shipping estimates based on the actual products ordered. I'm sure there are other potential orderers out there who feel the same!

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 03:55:09 PM »
I bought from you, and I can say that the fees are very low, but could be a business boost if these low values can be seen at a glance by the future buyer.

+1, I was put off by the delivery charges at first (I live in the UK) until I read on this forum that you can do reduced shipping estimates based on the actual products ordered. I'm sure there are other potential orderers out there who feel the same!
I have them both at www.CarcassonneShoppe.com..... Die Windrosen is the same offered at Carcassonne on Tour
The only problem I have with CarcassonneShoppe is the missing shipping info. You don't have, like other online shops, a table with approximate shipping values. I bought from you, and I can say that the fees are very low, but could be a business boost if these low values can be seen at a glance by the future buyer.
Just my two cents.
 :blue-meeple:

Thanks guys for your feedback! We tried adding different shipping methods before, but USPS changes there international rates so frequently that we couldn't keep up with updating every country with the new rates each tim.  This is why we added the option to contact us for different rates under the Contact Us tab. Do you think adding a note at the top of each page to contact us for alternate shipping methods would help potential buyers reach out who are put off on shipping rates?
PM me for for a list of remaining items from the Carcassonne Shoppe.

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »
Do you think adding a note at the top of each page to contact us for alternate shipping methods would help potential buyers reach out who are put off on shipping rates?

I notice that you've added this:

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATE SHIPPING METHODS IF YOU DO NOT PREFER FLAT RATE SHIPPING RATES.

Yes, I think that definitely helps! I would even be a step more explicit:

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATE SHIPPING METHODS IF YOU DO NOT PREFER FLAT RATE SHIPPING RATES WHICH CAN BE SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER THAN THE FLAT SHIPPING RATES AT CHECKOUT.

I imagine you don't have any control over messages displayed once you get through to the PayPal checkout (as attached), but if you could add something there as well that might help?

None of this is a criticism of your site by the way, which I think you have done a great job of! Just hoping to help you out a bit :)

Offline danielbrie

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 04:21:53 AM »
Thanks guys for your feedback! We tried adding different shipping methods before, but USPS changes there international rates so frequently that we couldn't keep up with updating every country with the new rates each tim.  This is why we added the option to contact us for different rates under the Contact Us tab. Do you think adding a note at the top of each page to contact us for alternate shipping methods would help potential buyers reach out who are put off on shipping rates?
No, not on every page. That's no need, but the future buyer must understand that the shipping (if not displayed) is very reasonable. Something like in "JT Atomico" post or just an approximate info for standard shipping to Europe, like 5 Euro  and approximate value for USA. Really don't know the values. Give costumer something to grip on. Maybe the buyer don't mind paying that value and don't need the ask for a price and can pay on the checkout directly.
Just a suggestion.  :blue-meeple:

Offline evmillan

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »

I think that you could have some shipping ranges with the estimated costs,  by example:

- 1st Range. 0 - 2 lbs. Mini - Expansions, Meeples, spare tiles, etc. X $
- 2nd Range. 2 - 5 lbs. Y $
- 3rd Range. More than 5 lbs. Z $

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »
I really appreciate all of your input guys!! I discussed this with my business partner, and we decided to alter the message on the top of each page to at least hint at shipping can be reduced.  The issue we face with adding multiple shipping options with Paypal is you can either designate items by weight or dimension - not both.  Right now they are by dimension to help choose which flat rate envelope/box will fit items.  If we switch it to weight, Paypal's logic is thrown off and will put a big box with a flat rate envelope (really frustrating).  Giving approximate rates does not work either as USPS rates change costly for specific countries in Europe. 

Thanks again for everyone's feedback  :red-meeple: :meeple: :green-meeple: :blue-meeple: :black-meeple:! If only Paypal was more customizable we could implement a lot of changes...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
$$$$ + shipping in Cobol

Started by Decar

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2017, 06:34:45 AM
by Decar
xx
Advice on "relay shipping" from Germany to the U.S.?

Started by Just a Bill

4 Replies
Last post June 17, 2017, 07:56:17 AM
by ny1050220
xx
Recommendations for shipping small, valuable items from the UK?

Started by egamar

5 Replies
Last post July 28, 2022, 03:32:14 AM
by egamar
xx
Shipping to the EU from the UK - Import Taxes & Customs

Started by egamar

4 Replies
Last post July 29, 2022, 01:58:11 PM
by egamar
xx
Cundco shipping issue