Author Topic: {Sold} WTS Russian Promo tiles (2016, 4 tiles)+Russian_Promo_coaster  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Push

• Freeman
  • Merit: 9
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Hi, dear forum members,

As promissed later I offer to you all 4  Russian promo tiles in  one set (see the picture attached).
Tiles are new and original.

And as a bonus - the  coaster with the picture of one of  Russian promo tiles.

Price is 109 99 euro + shipping costs (appr. 4-5 euro) + PP fees (appr. 4.5-5 %).

I may decrease the price (it will be marked in the post)  if demand will be low .

PM me with all your questions.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3938.0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 07:32:41 AM by Push »

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
I haven’t chimed in in a while, but this sort of price gauging has no place on the CarcCentral website. I know this was discussed in the past but Push should take his lack of respect for our community somewhere else like eBay instead of hitting us in the face with it. Been arguing with Amazon all morning so I’m just in that kind of mood today.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
I'm not affiliated with Push in any way and have no interest in either buying or selling Russian promos, but I have to jump in here.

"Price gouging" is a highly pejorative term that generally applies in certain contexts, often referring to exploitative pricing of basic human necessities in times or places of extreme need, natural disasters, etc.

In the context of out-of-print elective or luxury items a.k.a. non-necessities (which rare collectables for a board game certainly are), this pejorative term does not really apply. It is no more "price gouging" to seek the best price the free market will provide for these game tiles than it is to do the same for a vintage sports car or a rare bottle of wine.

You don't have to like the high price (I certainly don't!), but vilifying the seller seems out of line to me.

Now if I'm misunderstanding things and some forum rule was broken, then I will be happy to be corrected. But if not, and there's one other member here who is happy to buy those tiles for that price, and no laws are broken, and no forum rules are broken, then I say more power to the buyer and seller who both walk away happy. The rest of us really have no cause to cast aspersions. (Was it wrong of me to spend almost this much money to get my Big Box 5? Was that "price gouging" on the part of that seller? I'm pretty happy to finally have the Big Box.)

If we despise the free market, we are despising the very thing that allowed Carcassonne to be created and become successful in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:00:20 AM by Just a Bill »
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
Well said Just a Bill and I withdraw my use of the term price gauging. I hope this transaction does make the buyer happy. Feel free to delete my post.

Offline Christianmocking

• Duke
  • Merit: 8
    • View Profile
It is better that these kind of offers are being made here than elsewhere. Nevertheless I understand the ‘dissapointment’.

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
I think it is of our best interest as Carcassonne fans to have these kinds of offers here, because we would be first ones to be alerted about these offers before the people browsing eBay regularly to these deals and sell them at even higher prices.
If prices like €100 are frowned upon here, they'll disappear here and emerge on eBay. The next thing we see is that people who bought the tiles earlier at €100 want €200.

Offline Undinefuerte

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 1
  • I always play green color.
    • View Profile
I bought all 4 Russian promo tiles from Push, and am happy she had them available. I don’t feel she overcharged me, being as rare as they are. I’m glad I had the opportunity to do business with a reliable person to help complete my collection. And BTW, they are some of the most beautiful carcassonne tiles ever created. A pleasure to see them up close. Very unique stunning tiles.

Offline Push

• Freeman
    • View Profile
 Promos are still available and theirs  price has been reduced.

Offline Rhys Jones

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
Pm sent. I'll take a set.

Offline Push

• Freeman
    • View Profile
The tiles has been sold.  The lot is closed. Many thanks for everybody who interested the tiles regardless of whether we made a deal.
Later I'll  offer a special (new Russian Carcasson ) gift  .   
 If somebody wants to buy Russian promotiles, please, send me PM with your pre orders. I will be finding other sources of the tiles.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
[WTS] Russian Promo tiles (2016, 4 tiles) IN FRAMES+Russian_Promo_coaster

Started by Push

0 Replies
Last post November 04, 2018, 06:34:59 AM
by Push
clip
[Closed] WTS Russian Promo tiles (2016, 4 tiles) IN FRAMES+Russian_Promo_coaster

Started by Push

4 Replies
Last post October 22, 2018, 01:41:49 PM
by Push
clip
{Closed} WTS Russian Promo tiles (4 tiles) + Russian_Promo_coaster

Started by Push

8 Replies
Last post April 24, 2018, 12:22:19 PM
by asp204
clip
{Closed} [WTS] 2 Russian Promo tiles with the new Russian bag-counter

Started by Push

0 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 01:45:24 PM
by Push
clip
WTS Russian Promo tiles (2016, 4 tiles - the whole set)

Started by Push

17 Replies
Last post December 03, 2017, 10:54:06 PM
by aenima