Author Topic: WTB: Complete set of Grey Meeples.  (Read 6112 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Complete set of Grey Meeples.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2020, 08:20:35 AM »
Hi again,

I prepared this image showing all the maple colors in one picture. It was taken with natural light in a cloudy day.

The meeples in plastic bags (right above and below the black horizontal line) are from Cundco.de, the rest are from Meeplesource.com. The Cundco meeples are next to their Meeplesource counterparts with the same colour. I don't have light green or brown Cundco meeples (yet) so I couldn't add them to the comparison.

You may see, some small differences in hue between Cundco and Mepplesource. The Meeplesource figures differ a bit in shape too (they are not licensed).... Meeplesource sent me a flawed orange meeple as you can see  >:(

There are 19-figure sets on sale for those colours not in brackets.

Hope this helps you pick the colours that best suit you. You can click on the image to expand it and see the meeples in more detail.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:00:37 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 08:40:25 AM »
Hi again,

I prepared this image showing all the maple colors in one picture. It was taken with natural light in a cloudy day.

The meeples in plastic bags (right above and below the black horizontal line) are from Cundco.de, the rest are from Meeplesource.com. The Cundco meeples are next to their Meeplesource counterparts with the same colour. I don't have light green or brown Cundco meeples (yet) so I couldn't add them to the comparison.

You may see, some small differences in hue between Cundco and Mepplesource. The Meeplesource figures differ a bit in shape too (they are not licensed).... Meeplesource sent me a flawed orange meeple as you can see  >:(

There are 19-figure sets on sale for those colours not in brackets.

Hope this helps you pick the colours that best suit you. You can click on the image to expand it and see the meeples in more detail.

Interesting image in C2 style hahaha

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:00:51 AM by Meepledrone »
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 08:51:55 AM »
How so?  ;D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 09:16:41 AM »
Hi cicerunner,

Here you are a search that lists all the 19-piece figure sets available at Meeplesource.com

https://www.meeplesource.com/products.php?posted=1&nobox=true&filter=19-piece

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:27:17 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 09:32:59 AM »
How so?  ;D
You put the grey meeples on second line haha

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 10:45:51 AM »
Meepledrone, thanks very much for the meeple image - really helpful. The well lit image helped me confirm my colour choices - orange and white.

I've decided to stick to cundco for consistency. And to support the maker of one of my favourite games.

I ordered those two, plus The Watchtowers and all for only a few pounds more than I would have spent on the single meeple set on eBay. :)

Well, if you are ordering from Cundco you should check out the mini Carcassonne expansions.

https://cundco.de/en/mini-expansions/carcassonne/?p=1

Labyrinth is small and awesome. I like The Festival too, Watchtowers can be interesting. And there are still more then...
I had said, prior to your post, that I was going to stick with major expansions 1 and 2 only, but Watchtowers does look really interesting and like a good fit for the mechanics and spirit of the original game. Maybe I'm on a slippery slope ... ;)

Thanks again everyone.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:49:22 AM by cicerunner »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2020, 11:46:38 AM »
I can tell you this slope is very slippery...

I though it was the best for you to pick the best colours in your case.

I any case, you can get 19-figure sets in nature (unpainted) and paint them in any color of your choosing.  ;)

I got all the 19-figure sets from Cundco but brown (so far) and got an extra turquoise set for my wife from Meeplesource. The Meeplesource meeples you saw are from a couple of 21-colour maple sample to check the palette. I would love Cundco would release the lime green 19-figure set eventually. Otherwise I would probably get the Meeplesource one...

EBay prizes are crazy... So I go there just as a last resource. Meeples, expansions and tiles are usually overpriced.

I play with my family and they want to stick to vanilla games as possible, but I always through in some extra bits from time to time besides expansions 1 & 2, for example some extra tiles: the Labyrinths, some tiles from Expansions 5 (no figures) or 6 (King and Robber) to drive them crazy with the weird city topologies of some of the tiles... and my current favourites: German Castles, the wooden bridges (Expansion 8) and the Phantom (have you tried this?  >:D)

Games with the large meeple, wooden bridges and the phantom are so fun.... (IMHO  ;D)

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 02:28:24 PM »
Well, if you are ordering from Cundco you should check out the mini carcassonne expansions.

Labyrinth is small and awesome. I like the festival to, watchtowers can be interesting. And there are still more then...
Just came back here to post another related question and re-read your post above. Amazingly you seem to have predicted my taste entirely!

First of all I took your suggestion and went and looked at The Watchtowers and decided it looked really interesting. And now I've received my first cundco delivery - orange and white meeple sets and The Watchtowers. I'm really enjoying the Watchtowers. Such a will balanced and subtle scoring mechanic that seamlessly integrates with base/I&C/T&B games.

In the time since last seeing your post I've been devouring all the rules in the WICA and deciding which expansions to get. I've decided on The Labyrinth and The Festival (and probably Under The Big Top). Sounds like we may have a similar outlook on Carcassonne/gaming in general. :)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »
We are already looking forward to reading a review of your first games including all these expansions.  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
PSA: Cundco now stock alt coloured abbotts (also: WTB Grey abbott)

Started by ooh_jim

10 Replies
Last post February 15, 2016, 02:10:36 AM
by ARabidMeerkat
xx
WTB grey teacher/phantom

Started by gabrielgeek

1 Replies
Last post September 11, 2020, 12:48:12 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
WTB Purple & Grey Abbots