Author Topic: Anyone going to Germany soon?  (Read 14683 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone going to Germany soon?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
I gave my box away... but what I remember: It is not a sticker - all things are directly printed on the box.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 02:25:57 PM »
I would get one too if i could get one to the uk cheaply
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 02:27:46 PM »
Oh, thank you.. :) Yeah I see the post now.. hmm..  :-\

so, that is like 20 euro for game, and 20 euro for shipping.. Auch.. :( That is more than what I would like to pay...  :'(
yes, it's a lot of stuff, but still too expensive for me..  :-\

Guess I just have to wait for a better deal. :)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »
I gave my box away... but what I remember: It is not a sticker - all things are directly printed on the box.

Thanks for the information. That's a shame though, because I think this part spoils the box a bit.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 04:57:53 AM »
Yes, kettlefish is correct. There are no stickers and everything is printed directly onto the box. Personally I quite like it.

If it was a metal box you were after you could always get one of these for 30 Euros (plus shipping):

http://www.cundco.de/shop/?tx_dkdshop%5Bcategory%5D=1&tx_dkdshop%5Bproduct%5D=121

You'll have a spare copy of Traders & Builders (as well as the base game) then too!

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 05:26:02 AM »
If it was a metal box you were after you could always get one of these for 30 Euros (plus shipping):

*heart-attack*  :o

I have been looking for just a box, but a Carcassonne box ,metal or not, to store my bag with tiles in.. :) My tile bag won't  fit into the base box when all the small wood pieces are there and rules and stuff.. But 30 euro plus shipping is TOOOO much for my budget..  Ouch.... :(

Guess I just gotta keep looking..  ^-^

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:13 AM »

Actually the only thing I'm really after from that box is the Besiegers; I was just curious about the non-sticker.

I don't have a good storage solution (I currently have everything in tuck boxes, with the tower, in the original base game box, but Hills and Sheep doesn't fit so I'm out of room), but I prefer a wooden box to a metal one if possible.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
There's enough threads around here extolling the virtues of plastic storage solutions (I love my Artbin case!), so I won't say anything more on that subject.

I would urge anybody who is longing for the Besiegers expansion and doesn't care about the metal tin to hold on to their money, at least until Essen 2014. The last package I received from Germany contained a copy of this expansion, so I'm feeling optimistic that it will become available later this year when Mueller's 1-year exclusivity deal ends.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 05:02:55 AM »
There's enough threads around here extolling the virtues of plastic storage solutions (I love my Artbin case!), so I won't say anything more on that subject.

I would urge anybody who is longing for the Besiegers expansion and doesn't care about the metal tin to hold on to their money, at least until Essen 2014. The last package I received from Germany contained a copy of this expansion, so I'm feeling optimistic that it will become available later this year when Mueller's 1-year exclusivity deal ends.

But I don't want a plastic normal looking container to hold my tile bag.. :( That is the whole point.. :) That is has to be a real Carcassonne box. =^_^=

What is Essen 2014 and when is it? :)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 05:22:40 AM »

But I don't want a plastic normal looking container to hold my tile bag.. :( That is the whole point.. :) That is has to be a real Carcassonne box. =^_^=

What is Essen 2014 and when is it? :)
see the link:

Spiel 2014 at Essen

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 06:19:44 AM »
Oooh... so it's sort of like Assembly but with board games that you can buy? :) Coool!!!  :D
But sad that it's only in Germany.. :/ We need something like that in Finland!! :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
How soon is too soon

Started by Chooselife

4 Replies
Last post February 29, 2016, 06:04:07 AM
by dirk2112
clip
Am I going to far ?

Started by nottsian

13 Replies
Last post January 13, 2016, 03:42:06 AM
by MrNumbers
clip
Where are we going?

Started by Murphy013

12 Replies
Last post April 14, 2020, 02:09:00 AM
by Murphy013
xx
CC fan expansions going official ... any progress ?

Started by Sekim

3 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 06:29:11 AM
by Scott
xx
CundCo Shop - coming soon with new system and navigation

Started by kettlefish

23 Replies
Last post October 02, 2015, 06:47:59 AM
by Hounk