Author Topic: New expansion "The market of Leipzig" is coming in autumn!  (Read 38614 times)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: New expansion "The market of Leipzig" is coming in autumn!
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2017, 01:49:03 AM »
I love your city by the way (Wrocław). I visited 2 times. The little dwarves hidden in the city were really fun to find! Panorama racławicka was interesting. Nightlife was impressive too, but I'm getting old for these things.  :)  Ok, this is off-topic, sorry!  ;)

Offline Piasekstc

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • To get them all and play them all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2017, 05:56:44 AM »
Haha..

So maybe that's another "pro" for this expansion that Just a Bill was looking for. Players will know which way to travel :)   For example: You wanna visit Wrocław? Go east - along the road that begins in a Minter/Coiner District where you can get an extra points for pennant :) 

I believe, that anyone who'll end a city at the end of this road or at least in that direction can claim it as a Wrocław (or other mentioned cities if you went different directions).. and maybe that's another "thing" that players will start naming cities. Not a game changer but always something and for some can be fun.

By the way. Jéré mentioned little dwarves (that there is more than 300 of them in Wrocław). I don't know well the history of fan-expansions but maybe this could be an inspiration for someone to make another one.

I agree with Just a Bill that for a gameplay it's maybe not that groundbreaking (without even a word about compatibility). For me it's like a City of Carcassonne mixed with The Messengers… On the other hand, you know, it's hard when so many very good ideas and mechanics were "stolen" by fan-expansions :) But.. as we all probably think, its all about entertainment and looming new players (buyers) and those names of the cities didn't end there without a reason .. and I'm ok. with that as long it gives you (like old fans) at least something and at the end I find it far more interesting and worth playing than Japanese Temples (which probably appeared for the same reasons)..  though i'll have to figure out how to implement this to our MEGA :)       

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
The non-limited version is availlable in CundCo-Shop from 30th October.
https://cundco.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/217/sCategory/61

:(y)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:42:48 PM by BigBoss »
I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »
Correct link: https://cundco.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/217/sCategory/47

I like it that they are announcing some new things in the webshop!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2017, 12:42:14 PM »
Correct link: https://cundco.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/217/sCategory/47

I like it that they are announcing some new things in the webshop!

Thanks! link corrected.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »
FWIW, I've added a thread in the Rules forum to discuss some weirdnesses in the Leipzig rules.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »
Finally received this expansion. I thin I will play that any non-element building within a field (but not towns) can count as features for the sake of the last option in Leipzig. That, or I just won't allow people to select that one quadrant as an option. Seems simple enough. I'm looking forward to trying this expansion out, and I also got 15th Anniversary Festival and Japanese Gardens. I'd buy the Big Box, but I really just don't need it.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2017, 08:48:14 PM »
I think I will play that any non-element building within a field (but not towns) can count as features for the sake of the last option in Leipzig.

I'm working on finishing up a fan-expansion version of these gameplay mechanics, using only the classic art style and intended for Carc-I games. It is set in a different city (a French one ... imagine that) and doesn't have exactly the same configuration as the Leipzig tiles, since we can't do straight conversions without permission. So it's a fan-expansion with its own design, including purposeful differences, that borrows the concepts. The basic version of the expansion will conform to the gameplay of the four districts Leipzig has (Cartwright, Tanner, Minter, Bookbinder) and thus should provide a comparable play experience for those of us who still don't want to mix the art styles.

Anyway, for whatever it's worth, after studying a bunch of tiles and crunching some numbers I decided to have my Carc-I Tanner district count any field segment that has a corral and/or livestock  (fences, sheep, goats, and/or pigs) printed on the tiles. (Sheep tokens don't count.) In a basic Carc-I game, this pretty closely mimics the numbers of farmhouses/stalls on the Carc-II tiles, and I'm fairly happy with the thematic match.

Offline KarelVeliki

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2018, 01:49:01 AM »
I created a pdf to print the english translation for rules  "Die Märkte zu Leipzig" I got  from the cited text.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17X-PcWmymdWog5MXmRDMa_iWIrbdSfj7/view?usp=sharing

Yes but that was my poll and I rigged it so I could vote 32 times.

Winner.

Anyway, here's the translation that Google and I collaborated on:

The Markets of Leipzig

Leipzig's fair tradition dates back to the Middle Ages. At the crossroads of the important trade routes Via Regia and Via Imperii, a settlement of merchants and artisans was established under the protection of a castle. Its first reference was the "place near the Linden" in 1015 as "urbs Lipzi". Around 1165, Otto der Reiche succeeded in keeping the market town of Lipz within the city as well as the market law. Thus, for the first time, the annual markets were protected by the state; competing markets within about a mile around the city were pushed back. Privileges such as those of King Maximilian I of 1497 and 1507 promoted the emergence of the Leipzig trade fairs - the city became an international trade fair.

The Leipziger Messe, whose logo serves here as a watermark, has its origin in these medieval market days.

GAME COMPONENTS
  • 4 double landscape tiles (marked with MM)
GAME PREPARATION

Lay out the landscape tiles so that the four city districts lie together and make the city of Leipzig. In reality, the signpost for Francofortum points to the west, Stettinum to the north, Vratislavia to the east and Roma to the south. For the game, the sequence in which you arrange the quarters is irrelevant. Because of this display, the normal starting tile is no longer needed. If possible, give each player an additional meeple, since they will quickly become scarce in this variant.

GAMEPLAY

The rules for 1. Laying landscape tiles and 2. Using a meeple remain unchanged.

3. By scoring, bring meeples over to Leipzig

From each city district of Leipzig there leads out a road. All the roads which are connected to it offer you the possibility to send a meeple to Leipzig. This also applies to roads that do not lead directly to Leipzig, but which are connected by a road to Leipzig. If you score a road that is so connected to Leipzig and you have the majority, you may choose:
  • You score the road and get the points for it.
OR
  • You send a meeple from the road to Leipzig and abandon the points.

It should be noted:
  • If you have several meeples on a road, you can only send one of them to Leipzig. For the other meeple(s), you may take the points for the road. If you send the meeple to the wagonmaker district you get the bonus points (see below).

• If several players have the majority on a road, everyone can choose independently from the others whether he wants to send his meeple to Leipzig or receive the points.

• During a road scoring, the road on the double tile counts as only one road segment.
You place your meeple on a district of Leipzig of your choice (it does not necessarily have to be the district to which the road leads). He stays there until the end of the game. You can only have 1 meeple in each district. In each district, however, meeples may be left by different players. The meeples are simply stacked on top of each other.

3. Scoring with meeples on Leipziger markets

If you own a meeple in a district of Leipzig, it will give you bonus points for certain scorings.

SCORING DURING THE GAME

Wagonmaker/Cartwright District: During every road scoring
where you have the majority, you get 1 bonus point for each
road tile.
Minter/Coiner District: During every city scoring where you
have a knight in the city (even if you do not have the majority),
you get 3 points for each coat of arms [a.k.a. pennant].
Bookbinder Quarter: During every scoring of any completed
cloister (even one of an opponent) you get 4 bonus points.

The bonus points for these three scorings are available only for roads, cities, and cloisters completed during the game. During the final scoring at the end of the game, no one receives these bonus points.

SCORING AT THE END OF THE GAME

Tanner District: During each farm scoring at the end of the game
in which you have the majority of farmers, in addition to the
normal points for cities, you get 2 points for each stable (cow,
donkey, and pig) and each farmhouse that lies in the farm.

Note: The city of Leipzig also counts as a completed city during farm scoring.

This expansion has been developed for the CARCASSONNE basic game, the rules of which remain unchanged. You can also play "The Markets of Leipzig" with other expansions. But there will be no official rules for this.

Acknowledgments | "The Markets of Leipzig" was created on the occasion of the modell-hobbyspiel 2017 and will be presented there for the first time. We would like to thank the Leipziger Messe for allowing the use of the trade fair logo as an expansion symbol.

Carcassonne AMAZONAS Mini-Expansion

Put the 2 new Amazon double tiles with the previous 4 pieces. If you draw an Amazon tile with »!«, you now have more choices.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:42:03 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Links fixed »

Offline InTheDark

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne! Where?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2018, 03:31:53 AM »
I ordered a copy of the expansion from Cundco and the rules that come with it are in both German and English. If I have a chance I will scan or type up the rules.
Also welcome to the forum KarelVeliki and good job on the PDF!
"Where Is the French Monasteries Mini Expansion At?" -Guy Wondering Why Game Set In France Gets Expansions Set In Other Countries.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The market of Leipzig

Started by aenima

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2018, 08:34:13 AM
by Just a Bill
clip
[WTG] The Market in Leipzig

Started by Push

4 Replies
Last post November 24, 2018, 12:52:31 AM