Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1160236 times)

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #2475 on: August 05, 2018, 12:19:01 AM »
I will start with Jorvik, then Flagdash and then 13 Clues. Legendary Inventors I've played once before, so my curiosity is not so big about this one as the tree other.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: August 05, 2018, 01:26:24 AM »
I was on a boardgame event  1 month ago. On the last day there was a drawing where one of the participants would recive a gift. I was the lucky one, and yesterday I recived a package with 4 games. Here is a pickture with what I got.

Congrats on your win B1nder! It's good to hear from you again! :)

Offline Hproctor1478

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: August 05, 2018, 06:21:57 AM »
B1nder it looks like a great haul.  Let us know what you think of them after you play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2478 on: August 05, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
Decar, look forward to your thoughts on this one!

Just finished a quick game. It's a little too hot in our house to hunch over a board at the moment. But I enjoyed playing this as it wasn't too complex.  I liked min-maxing points each turn.  My wife is a little more sceptical, I mashed her in the first fee turns at one point she was only 4pt behind. But I seemes to be able to score 1 or 2 more point than her each turn.  Ended up being 2x points ahead.  Will definitely play with the mini variant/expansions next time we play. I think she'll be more cunning next time.  I didnt like removing the 8 tiles for 2p...we never had the queen totem come out.

Will give it another go soon. It's got a lot of promising thanks to it being straightforward!

Offline Maj. Frost

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Sit down and play
    • View Profile
    • My Carcassonne Blog
« Reply #2479 on: August 06, 2018, 01:12:43 AM »
It's about time to stock up on those minis. Straight from cundco.

Offline Mrs_Decar

• Labourer
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: August 06, 2018, 02:00:17 AM »
Gotta love some free gifts! :)

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: August 07, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
I've been on the opposite side of the country this last week on holiday and came back to a triple Kickstarter delivery!

The Brass set is spectacular. Just a first class product all the way around. I also got the extra Iron Clays, again the packaging on these is very impressive! One of the best Kickstarters I've had (about 100 projects backed).

Yes, I can say I got a Mint Delivery! Follow up to Mint Works.

Loup Garou is a choose your own adventure Graphic Novel.
It's a 'Novel' take of a choose your own adventure book. There are 4 or 5 titles in all but I just backed this one. If it goes well, I might get a couple more. Really lovely artwork!

Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline Dragonlord

• Count
  • Merit: 15
  • More complex is, more I like it.
    • View Profile
    • Land of Dragons
« Reply #2482 on: August 07, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
I'm still waiting for Mint delivery, about 12 ks coming up this month, if I'm lucky lol  :black1-meeple:

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: August 10, 2018, 04:24:25 AM »
It's been a bit quiet these last couple of months as I gave the postman a bit of a break  ;)  However, 2 Kickstarters showed up recently with Rise of Tribes and Mint Delivery. I already have some plays in with Rise of Tribes (really liking it so far) and a single play of Mint Delivery (will need to play some of the advanced rules next). As I'm still waiting for the commander tier of Star Realms: Frontiers to arrive, I decided to hunt down a couple of promos and accessories to still the hunger and trying to complete that collection. However, while hunting I noticed the French publisher has a new-to-me promo "As des As" as well that I didn't see before (link). Anybody in France that can help me out with this one?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2484 on: August 10, 2018, 12:09:56 PM »
@Franks - I think this is going to be one of those KS-projects I really wish I backed.  I stand by my 'Yorkshire-man in a video about a boardgame set in Lancaster' argument though.  I've also seen the publisher being cryptic, not direct about the exclusivity of the deluxe edition on BGG.  But still, I've only heard good things said about the game. I'm hoping to see it at Essen Spiel.  Let us know how awesome they are, so I feel even worse about not-backing :D

Is Loup Garou one of the Van Rider Games adventure books?  These looked awesome, but I was going to wait and see if they can be picked up at retail.

Oosie, that's a great haul - I've only played digital star-realms but will keep an eye out at Essen.

I've been fighting with a DPD delivery guy who was meant to delivery a very expensive crafting item to me yesterday.  He didn't leave a note, so when I enquired he came back this afternoon (not this evening like I was told), so without any notice, he left another note....in his van apparently.... obviously now; having missed two deliveries, the item will be returned to sender.  DPD are the same people who crossed-out my address and wrote a new one on a package containing The Tunnel a few years back.  If you have a choice, I'd recommend hiring a one-eyed, paraplegic-badger to deliver the mail - it's more likely to arrive.

In other news the Yodel man (who looked like Ron Jeremy) came around this afternoon with a package that will arrive tomorrow:

Hint: it's a game about time travel

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: August 10, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »
Sorry to hear about your issues with DPD, hope you manage to get it resolved without too much more hassle

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: August 10, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »
Decar, the Lancaster game box is numbered to 20,000 units. So I expect the retail sets to have some differences but I dont know the details. Maybe the numbering will be the only difference  ;D

Possibly the included Iron clays (pictured below) might be the difference! Not sure if you know that both KS box sets include clays (70) and the small box was a top-up of (30) to get to an even 100 units.

Loup Garou (and the other settings) are indeed from Van Rider Games. I think they should be readily available soon!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2487 on: August 11, 2018, 12:13:27 AM »
I think the differences are pretty trivial:
Some spot glossing
Black-chitboard pieces
Those Iron clays do look magnificent.

Stil, it's enough to turn me off. Hopefully no one wants the retail ans I'll find it for $0.75 in a bargin bin... hopefully  :'(

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #2488 on: August 11, 2018, 02:41:15 AM »
Got myself a little package from cundco!
Needed a few more colours of the transparent meeple sets, and got some bits for St. Petersburg, which I recently was gifted by my sister.
Got some more meeple bags, as I need to be able to store all the meeple sets :)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 11, 2018, 08:45:16 PM »
I think the differences are pretty trivial:
Some spot glossing
Black-chitboard pieces
Those Iron clays do look magnificent.

Stil, it's enough to turn me off. Hopefully no one wants the retail ans I'll find it for $0.75 in a bargin bin... hopefully  :'(

Not to belabour this - here is the latest update form Roxley. There still is hope for a 'complete' copy of the game  :)

We are anticipating that in the North America and EU zones, we will be able to sell remaining Deluxe versions directly on roxley.com later this month. We are hoping to have copies later this year at PAX Unplugged and Essen Spiel; we will confirm these when we can. We have not yet confirmed whether we will have any in Australia/NZ. Unfortunately, we are not projected to have any remaining in the China / Rest of World markets.

Deluxe versions will not go to retail stores unless the retailer was a pledger.

Retail versions of Brass: Lancashire will be in game stores later this month. Brass: Birmingham will be available in September.

100 chip boxes of Iron Clays will be in retail stores and on roxley.com later this month. (30 chip fillout sets are no longer available.)

Later in 2018, we will be announcing details of a Kickstarter for an increased set of Iron Clays, with more chips and higher denominations (compatible with 18xx games)!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Game of Love Podcast

Started by danisthirty

2 Replies
Last post November 26, 2014, 05:52:39 AM
by danisthirty