Author Topic: Ark of the Covenant availability  (Read 41226 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Ark of the Covenant availability
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 02:18:39 PM »
Yellow, next time you want to announce that you have easy access to an out of print game, can you do it before I spend $100 on the game at an auction and not five days after???  :'(

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »
Yellow, next time you want to announce that you have easy access to an out of print game, can you do it before I spend $100 on the game at an auction and not five days after???  :'(
Hi jungleboy,
why don't you ask first the community?

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 02:23:15 PM »

Aww. But I will put you on the list. It will be here whenever you can, unless you find it elsewhere of course. No trouble at all. This helping others is spreading like wildfire on this forum!  8)

I'll see how many I can buy and how many are left hopefully tomorrow or Saturday as I have that the day off. They will be offered in order the request came in.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 02:28:22 PM »
I think the dimensions of the box are the same as Carcassonne II: 27,5 x 19 x 7 cm, 650 g.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
I think the dimensions of the box are the same as Carcassonne II: 27,5 x 19 x 7 cm, 650 g.

If it is 650 g I might be able to pack it below 1kg and thus the shipping would be 16 Euro for Europe and 21 Euro worldwide. It's already in plastic so I only need another box that fits.

I took the liberty of putting everyone that was interested on a list. I will buy as many as I can get my hands on and let you know. Feel free to cancel once I contact you with complete postage and payment total if you changed your mind.

So far, I have five members on the list.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »
Hi jungleboy,

We discussed it in this thread, where I announced that I was bidding for it. ThirstyDan and I even played a game of Carcassonne against each other to decide who got to bid for the Ark!

Aww. But I will put you on the list. It will be here whenever you can, unless you find it elsewhere of course. No trouble at all. This helping others is spreading like wildfire on this forum!  8)

Thanks for the offer, but what I meant was that I already bought this game last week in an auction, so I don't need another one (unless the first one gets lost in the mail!). Anyway, no worries - I was joking. I am happy with my shrink-wrapped English-language version with the wooden ark and apparently nicer tiles. Thanks for helping other members get a copy of this game.

Offline Darwin

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 03:10:17 PM »
I am very interested in the Ark of the Covenant!!!  :o
Is it possible for you to get it for me? I live in Norway.

Sure, why not? I'll swing by tomorrow if I can. Last I checked (about an hour ago) only one store has it but does not say how many. I know there was one about a month ago when I visited the store and it's been there for ages.
I will be eternally grateful :D :(y)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 05:17:17 PM »
Hi jungleboy,

We discussed it in this thread, where I announced that I was bidding for it. ThirstyDan and I even played a game of Carcassonne against each other to decide who got to bid for the Ark!

Thanks for the offer, but what I meant was that I already bought this game last week in an auction, so I don't need another one (unless the first one gets lost in the mail!). Anyway, no worries - I was joking. I am happy with my shrink-wrapped English-language version with the wooden ark and apparently nicer tiles. Thanks for helping other members get a copy of this game.

Aha! So you already bought it. That was a key element to understanding earlier post.  :@ Removed from the list and congratulations.  :meeple:

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 03:53:07 AM »
Preliminary info regarding this item:

Item: Carcassonne - Ark of the Covenant (Scandinavian / Finnish version with rules in Danish, Finnish, Norweigan and Swedish)
Store price: 239 SEK*
Shipping to Europe (EU): 154 SEK
Shipping to the rest of the world: 184 SEK

Total cost for European address: 393 SEK or 42,62 Euro (today's exchange)

Total cost for the rest of the world: 423 SEK or 57,02 USD (today's exchange)

*SEK = Swedish Krona

Let me know if still interested. Today I am heading out to get at least 1 copy and see how many are left. There's an alternate store that can ship directly though shipping cost will increase around 7 Euro for example if within Europe.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 04:01:52 AM »
Still interested. I hope that I could find rules in English somewhere :)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 04:13:37 AM »
Still interested. I hope that I could find rules in English somewhere :)

This reminds me of a board game I bought almost 30 years ago. There were no rules at all and all the text was in Hungarian. Still, it was a fun game and me and my brother made rules up as we played.

And that's not the only one time I bought something without rules in Swedish or English.  C:-) You might say I never cared much about rules when I was a kid. Even now so, albeit not in the same level as the young rebel that I was.

:meeple:

PS: Getting 2 copies today then.  :(y)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 04:45:46 AM »
This reminds me of a board game I bought almost 30 years ago. There were no rules at all and all the text was in Hungarian. Still, it was a fun game and me and my brother made rules up as we played.

The same happened to me and my younger sister when we were kids (about 10 and 5 years old). Parents gave us as New Year's present our first serious board game - Monopoly. All stuff and rules were in English, but we didn't know a word in English! So, we invented our own rules, all hotels were meeples, rent for visiting states (real estates were USA states) was their mortgage value (half a price!), etc. Only after some years I started to study English and at last translated the rules and all the special cards. We had got brand new game that day! :)

PS: Getting 2 copies today then.  :(y)

:(y)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 05:07:57 AM »
There is a CAR for the Ark of the Covenant here: https://elrestaurador.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/03-el-arca-de-la-alianza.pdf

Parents gave us as New Year's present our first serious board game - Monopoly. All stuff and rules were in English, but we didn't know a word in English! So, we invented our own rules, all hotels were meeples, rent for visiting states (real estates were USA states) was their mortgage value (half a price!), etc.

This is amazing! I bet you created a better game than the real monopoly!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 05:18:21 AM »
There is a CAR for the Ark of the Covenant here: https://elrestaurador.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/03-el-arca-de-la-alianza.pdf

Parents gave us as New Year's present our first serious board game - Monopoly. All stuff and rules were in English, but we didn't know a word in English! So, we invented our own rules, all hotels were meeples, rent for visiting states (real estates were USA states) was their mortgage value (half a price!), etc.

This is amazing! I bet you created a better game than the real monopoly!

Thanks for the link, jungleboy! This is exactly what I need! :(y)

Yes, it was an interesting game! At it's playtime was much less than the real's one :)

Offline Darwin

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 06:19:42 AM »
Preliminary info regarding this item:

Item: Carcassonne - Ark of the Covenant (Scandinavian / Finnish version with rules in Danish, Finnish, Norweigan and Swedish)
Store price: 239 SEK*
Shipping to Europe (EU): 154 SEK
Shipping to the rest of the world: 184 SEK

Total cost for European address: 393 SEK or 42,62 Euro (today's exchange)

Total cost for the rest of the world: 423 SEK or 57,02 USD (today's exchange)

*SEK = Swedish Krona

Let me know if still interested. Today I am heading out to get at least 1 copy and see how many are left. There's an alternate store that can ship directly though shipping cost will increase around 7 Euro for example if within Europe.
Still interested :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTT/WTB The Ark of the Covenant second Edition with the wooden ark

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

1 Replies
Last post July 16, 2017, 10:30:55 PM
by Rosco
xx
Ark of the Covenant

Started by Halfling

2 Replies
Last post October 22, 2015, 03:51:59 PM