Author Topic: Complete Annotated Rules v. 7.0, 2nd printing  (Read 38439 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: Complete Annotated Rules v. 7.0, 2nd printing
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2014, 01:47:40 AM »
Small errata: p.169, example for Vineyards - thiis = this.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2014, 04:06:56 AM »
obervet, how close are you to getting a new draft of the rules up with Halflings, Dutch monasteries, and Darmstadt? I know you're waiting for FAQs to be answered, but Will you do a beta with just the new rules while waiting?

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »
Pardon me for being a smart*rse, but on P257 the word 'depreciated' should be 'deprecated' and on P256 the explanation for 'crop circles' ends with "they may do not have to do anything" - I'm guessing the first 'do' is superfluous. 

I only found these 'errors' because I love reading the document - it's an utterly brilliant piece of work!

I have corrected the crop circles entry. I have actually removed the "depreciated" entry -- that wasn't really the right word, but "deprecated" isn't really appropriate outside of computer lingo either. Either way, the specific entry really wasn't needed.

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »
obervet, how close are you to getting a new draft of the rules up with Halflings, Dutch monasteries, and Darmstadt? I know you're waiting for FAQs to be answered, but Will you do a beta with just the new rules while waiting?

I'm actually just starting to get working on all of the many things that need to be added to and changed in the CAR. It really hasn't been an issue of waiting for clarifications to fall into place, it's more that life has to come first. I hope to have the next version out by the end of 2014, but I can't make any promises.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 11:58:35 AM »

I'm actually just starting to get working on all of the many things that need to be added to and changed in the CAR. It really hasn't been an issue of waiting for clarifications to fall into place, it's more that life has to come first. I hope to have the next version out by the end of 2014, but I can't make any promises.
Fair enough and I certainly know what you mean. I've got people breathing down my neck about updating some Pandemic role cards, and I just discovered a new expansion for Pandemic is coming out with new role cards! Argh!!!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »

:) :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Complete Annotated Rules v. 6.3 and 1.1

Started by obervet

45 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 03:40:46 AM
by kettlefish
xx
Correction to Complete Annotated Rules re Königstein Fortress

Started by sammyo

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2018, 01:29:27 PM