Author Topic: Why national champions are not represented on the forums?  (Read 2259 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Why national champions are not represented on the forums?
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:22:05 AM »
I always wondered why players, who play very good and in fact are or were national champions, are not represented on the largest English-speaking Carcassonne forum? I don't believe they didn't any search in the Internet about Carcassonne and didn't see CarcassonneCentral. Maybe language issue? I am sure they all know English. Maybe they are not interested in anything except national championship? I know some people, who are not playing Carcassonne all year, but come to national tournament, in the same time saying that Carcassonne itself is a boring game.
IMO they see Carcassonne only as a sports, but they are not fans of the game and don't see any purpose in registering and discussing.
What are your thoughts?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1055.0
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Why national champions are not represented on the forums?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »
This has always seemed rather strange to me too. Of course, it might be that many of them are registered and possibly even reading this but maybe they prefer to be silent and not play an active role in the community. This seems like a shame to me, but obviously it is their choice.

Also, I think many top gamers are probably highly-skilled in a variety of games and perhaps Carcassonne isn't their favourite even though they may be very good at it. They might be more interested in Settlers or Ticket to Ride etc and so might not be interested in chatting about Carcassonne in their spare time if they'd rather be doing that.

I tracked down a former UK Carcassonne champion on boardgamegeek (I only signed up here for this purpose as the website confuses me to the point that it seems unusable) and we sent each other a couple of messages about meeting up to play or playing online. I suggested he should be a member here and for some reason I never heard anything from him again! No idea why...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Why are the fanmade expansions not on BGG??

Started by jappie

3 Replies
Last post May 18, 2015, 07:40:49 AM
by jappie
xx
Saint Nicholas Scoring Board why not Santa Claus scoring board?

Started by Windekind

7 Replies
Last post December 06, 2019, 12:31:54 AM
by Murphy013
question
How should the Monk be represented?

Started by Decar

2 Replies
Last post August 10, 2016, 01:38:37 AM
by Decar
xx
How should the thief be represented?