Author Topic: Components match from different distributors  (Read 3907 times)

Offline tangyi

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • Carcassonne Newbie
    • View Profile
Components match from different distributors
« on: February 24, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
Sorry to disturb. I wonder if the RGG version could exactly match up with the tiles produced by Z-man?

I'm searching for River II and find it at carcassonneshoppe. Is this expansion sold by carcassonneshoppe officially authorized?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1560.0
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:25:17 PM by MrNumbers »

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: Components match from different providers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 09:03:46 PM »
All game components on CarcassonneShoppe are from Hans im Glück, Z-Man, Spielbox, or RGG, to the best of my knowledge. The only custom stuff on there are non-game components like jewellery and household decorations. I believe even the meeples are all official HiG alternate colours from their website.

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:06 PM »
Sorry to disturb. I wonder if the RGG version could exactly match up with the tiles produced by Z-man?

I'm searching for River II and find it at carcassonneshoppe. Is this expansion sold by carcassonneshoppe officially authorized?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes, you can mix all components from HiG, Zman, RGG, Devir or other western distributors, I think they all are printed the same. Some of the print runs have slightly different colours, but this is in all distributions.
The Russian components have a Kyrillic K on the back and the corners of the tiles are rounded more, they are printed elsewhere.

Offline tangyi

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • Carcassonne Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:44:28 PM »
All game components on CarcassonneShoppe are from Hans im Glück, Z-Man, Spielbox, or RGG, to the best of my knowledge. The only custom stuff on there are non-game components like jewellery and household decorations. I believe even the meeples are all official HiG alternate colours from their website.

You're really a big help, Whaleyland!
I'm reading your reviews on BGG. They're fair and decent!

Yes, you can mix all components from HiG, Zman, RGG, Devir or other western distributors, I think they all are printed the same. Some of the print runs have slightly different colours, but this is in all distributions.
The Russian components have a Kyrillic K on the back and the corners of the tiles are rounded more, they are printed elsewhere.

Thank you for the help! I hesitated before making an order, now it's time to go :)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:02:25 AM »

You're really a big help, Whaleyland!
I'm reading your reviews on BGG. They're fair and decent!

I try to be fair. That's why I always start off with the criticism first. I put it forward and make it loud. But only someone who loves the game can really be critical of Carc expansions. So far, only the Darmstadt expansion hasn't been reviewed by me, and that's mostly because I've only placed it once still. It is going to be a bit hard to find three positives for that one, unfortunately. I'll do it, but the negatives will be much more thorough.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Complete list of Carcassonne game components?

Started by SRBO

19 Replies
Last post May 03, 2016, 02:35:27 AM
by Clownfeet
xx
Board game components

Started by jungleboy

8 Replies
Last post January 17, 2017, 02:57:04 PM
by jungleboy
xx
Ask KJW your questions about Carcassonne components!

Started by jungleboy

7 Replies
Last post April 01, 2017, 08:56:28 AM
by Decar
xx
Carcassonne components sizing information

Started by Scott

22 Replies
Last post January 27, 2022, 12:32:06 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Ordering Components from Cundco