Author Topic: Carcassonne in Thailand  (Read 2754 times)

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
Carcassonne in Thailand
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:40:24 AM »
We recently took our first family vacation since moving to Thailand, and my wife and I got in a game of Carcassonne with the beach/ocean in view. I thought I'd share a couple photos. We used Inns & Cathedrals, Hills & Sheep, The School, and Castles in Germany (1 each).

In the second, you can see that the table we played on introduced an expansion of sorts -- I called it "The Pit." It definitely influenced gameplay in a fun way. (This picture was taken mid-game, but we ended up building around The Pit quite a bit by the end).

I ended up winning by 4 points, mostly due to a farm of mine that had grown bigger than either of us had noticed until we counted at the end. :)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2839.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:42:41 AM by stalcupojoy »
Fan Expansions: Fiefs | Labyrinths | Schoolhouses | Vistas
Poetry Website: michaelstalcup.com

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Carcassonne in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:27:06 AM »
Great write up - merit to you.  Love "The Pit" idea!

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
Re: Carcassonne in Thailand
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 06:54:42 AM »
I recently printed my own fan expansions (finally! I've been busy.) and in the same week, received some lovely unpainted-wood meeples from Fan at CarcF. So my wife and I tried all three out in a short game last night. We wanted to head to sleep pretty quickly, so I threw in the Fiefs and Vistas expansions and took out about half my base-game tiles to shorten the game length.

However, that made for a very strange and interesting game. As my wife pointed out near the end, I probably should have put in half the number of Feudal Castles and Vista Points, because they were overly dominant in the game. It wasn't necessarily bad, but the game strategy largely revolved around two large cities and the Feudal Castles surrounding them, hoping to ride on half their points if the cities got completed.

I (wood-colored meeples) was fortunate enough to draw a very-late-game Feudal Castle (the one just above the top large city) for an easy 11 end-game points, which helped propel me to 102-86 victory. You can see my wife's "losing face" which she wanted included in the picture.  :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:56:41 AM by stalcupojoy »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Championship in Thailand

Started by AlbinoAsian

4 Replies
Last post May 13, 2014, 08:10:59 AM
by jungleboy
xx
CARCASSONNE IN PAIRS (an original idea from carcassonne.cat)

Started by DrMeeple

14 Replies
Last post January 11, 2022, 06:52:18 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
Carcassonne Event in Carcassonne 10-11 September 2022

Started by Willem

3 Replies
Last post August 19, 2022, 02:11:03 AM
by Lobo
xx
Carcassonne & Co. Newsletter - announcing a new "Spiel '14" Carcassonne tile