Author Topic: Save game bug  (Read 1880 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Save game bug
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:35:23 AM »
This bug happened in our last weekly game. I noticed before that JCZ doesn't ask me if I want to overwrite existing save then I do that. The same happened yesterday. Our game hung because one of the players ran out of power on his laptop. I saved the game and we continued it shortly after. Then near the end of the game another already known bug came in: red line with "Null pointer exception" text on it. Nobody could do a move, so I decided to save it and recreate. I saved it in the same file, as I did before, but, as I wrote before, no questions asked about overwriting old save. I thought that it is "by design", but when I loaded the saved game it appeared to be the old save, from the start of the game! So JCZ simply didn't save a game on an old spot without any warning! So I suggest to include some warnings about overwriting files or about NOT saving, because file already exists.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1659.0
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Save game bug
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:11:26 AM »
About the "Null pointer exception": I noticed this bug before, but I think, it never happened with me, that the game completely hung after that. However, there are some occasions, it seems, I can not continue my move. (And since the red bar won't disappear once onscreen and in most of my online games appear rather early, I can't say, if this is related to each other.) But there is an easy walk around in this cases: I just write something in the chat line (nowadays normally just "-"), and instantly after hitting return, I can make my move. (I noticed, that this works, because in the first few times, I simply wanted to notify my opponents, that the game is hung, and wrote some text in the chat line, which also instantly made me able to continue.)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Where to save screenshots and savegames?

Started by Hounk

8 Replies
Last post July 15, 2015, 01:18:28 AM
by Paul
question
A few WHAT IF questions regarding save and load and local and remote games

Started by Gerry

2 Replies
Last post December 20, 2014, 01:24:10 AM
by farin
xx
BUG IPAD Carcassone Online Game