Author Topic: New edition of Hunters and Gatherers  (Read 22009 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
New edition of Hunters and Gatherers
« on: February 16, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »
Today, Z-Man Games announced a new edition of Hunters and Gatherers on Facebook, which will go on sale in April.

There are no photos of the tiles yet but according to Z-Man, they are "a mix of both style wise. It modernises just a touch, but keeps the "feel" of the previous edition tiles."

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1531.0

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: New edition of Hunters and Gatherers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
The beard of the man of has no mustache hair. Does the man have a shaver?

I think the graphics from this cover comes from the same graphics artist as for the Carcassonne Edition 2.0 - Chris Quilliams

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 02:02:51 PM »
The beard of the man of has no mustache hair. Does the man have a shaver?

Sure he does -- that spear he's holding.  :)

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »
If it Included the Scout that would make it tempting but with 2 copies already of H&G, I will probably pass.
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 12:04:55 AM »
oooohhh c'mon!!! now that I buy the old one?!?  >:(

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 02:03:19 AM »
oooohhh c'mon!!! now that I buy the old one?!?  >:(

Same here! But oh well...

It's a great game that deserves to be played by more people so this is definitely a good thing in my opinion! I do wonder if they will release The Scout with it though, otherwise the artwork won't match between the different styles (presumably)?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 02:11:58 AM »
It's a great game that deserves to be played by more people so this is definitely a good thing in my opinion! I do wonder if they will release The Scout with it though, otherwise the artwork won't match between the different styles (presumably)?

[beating a dead horse]

But if the backs of the tiles match, it's OK!  >:D

[/beating a dead horse]

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 02:15:42 AM »

[beating a dead horse]

But if the backs of the tiles match, it's OK!  >:D

[/beating a dead horse]

Very true! Especially if you're playing upside-down underneath a glass table...

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 02:29:40 AM »
I find it interesting that Zman has responded to almost all other posters on the Facebook page, but not me, who asked about The Scout. I find that suspicious. Are they just scorning me or are they waiting to announce its inclusion for a more formal press release?

The precedent with HiG is mixed. Carcassonne 2 and Winter Edition included in-box expansions (two for each, actually, with Abbot and the animal tiles respectively), South Seas and Gold Rush did not. I'm thinking they'll include it, but you never know. Does the German version of Winter Edition include The Gingerbread Man or is that only the Zman version?

It also begs the question: when they finally reprint The Castle, will it include The Falcon expansion as has been long desired?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 02:38:22 AM »
I find it interesting that Zman has responded to almost all other posters on the Facebook page, but not me, who asked about The Scout.

I've asked them about this on Twitter too, but no response there either.

It also begs the question: when they finally reprint The Castle, will it include The Falcon expansion as has been long desired?

I thought the idea of The Falcon belonged to RGG and so would never be released?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 02:38:58 AM »
I find it interesting that Zman has responded to almost all other posters on the Facebook page, but not me, who asked about The Scout. I find that suspicious. Are they just scorning me or are they waiting to announce its inclusion for a more formal press release?

I doubt they are waiting for a press release - these days a FB announcement for something like this is going to reach far more people than a press release. Personally I think Scout is being excluded, because they didn't answer you and because we don't see mention of it on the cover art (although that could still be added later I suppose).

I joked above about the tile backs above, but as you yourself have pointed out before with regard to Carcassonne 2, HiG and Z-Man have convinced themselves that tile backs matching and tile fronts not matching is playable. So in their eyes, they don't necessarily need to redo the artwork for Scout. In their view, the existing Scout is comparable with the new H&G.

I just bought The Castle with postage from Sweden so it wasn't cheap and I hope I don't have to buy it again just to get the Falcon. So I am still hoping for the Falcon as a stand-alone expansion, but I agree that a reprint of The Castle including the Falcon is probably more likely.

I thought the idea of The Falcon belonged to RGG and so would never be released?

The designer of the expansion said on twitter last year that he hoped to have it released in some form in 2015.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 02:41:32 AM »
A week ago I spotted Hunters and Gatherers in one of our web-shops that uses direct delivery from other countries, for 25 EUR. Of course, I immediately ordered one! In couple of hours I had a response from manager: the game is available, but the price has changed, the final price is 133 EUR.
I am Carcassonne fan, but not THAT fan :) Now I will definitely wait for this Z-man release.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 02:44:27 AM »
You could inform the manager of the reprint though. That might "slightly" adjust the price again.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 02:50:18 AM »
You could inform the manager of the reprint though. That might "slightly" adjust the price again.

I doubt that. She gives distributor prices, not their own. More than that, they still have it on their website! With changed price (23 EUR!!! in English site version) and comment added: "This title is out of print. Used copies may be available, but delivery only inside Baltic States."
http://www.kriso.lv/carcassonne-hunters-gatherers-db-9780971942059.html

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 03:10:39 AM »
A week ago I spotted Hunters and Gatherers in one of our web-shops that uses direct delivery from other countries, for 25 EUR. Of course, I immediately ordered one! In couple of hours I had a response from manager: the game is available, but the price has changed, the final price is 133 EUR.
I am Carcassonne fan, but not THAT fan :) Now I will definitely wait for this Z-man release.
did you ask me where I found HaG? buy it from spain... is cheap! and it includes king and scout

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers (2020) - moaning about new artwork... the story continues

Started by Bumsakalaka

8 Replies
Last post October 25, 2020, 02:54:27 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
New official Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers (2020)

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

54 Replies
Last post October 24, 2020, 12:04:03 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
New: Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers

Started by Guy

5 Replies
Last post April 18, 2015, 02:33:16 AM
by cidervampire
clip
Hunters and Gatherers v2 : Interaction of both pit tile scoring