Author Topic: The Peasant Revolts interactions with other expansions  (Read 6044 times)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: Re: New mini expansion Carcassonne - The Peasant Revolts on cundco.de
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2020, 02:04:21 AM »
* Step 2B-2: If your phantom is in your supply and you decide not to place it, you may protect a meeple.

In my opinion, protecting a meeple placed in a previous turn is just another Move the Wood option like e.g. building another tower piece, placing the fairy next to one of your meeples, placing a meeple on one of the WoF spots, etc. The principle is always the same: If you decide not to place a meeple, you can do one of those mentioned actions instead.
However, none of those mentioned actions can be chosen as a substitute for the phantom in Step 2B-2 if you still have the phantom in your supply and decide not to place it. So, to conclude, you cannot protect a meeple in your second phantom turn (Step 2B-2).

I'm understand @Meepledrone's solution. His solution is simillar to Flying machine or Magic portal. When not used in Step 2B-1 you can youse it in Step 2B-2 with Phantom.
Also understand @Vital Pluymers' solution. Whis is looking to rules more strict where Place Wood phase is not Place Phantom phase ;-)

I also feel like Vital Plumyers's understanding is more logical. Protecting a meeple is an alternative moove the wood action like any other (fairy moove, tollkeeper token...etc), and can not be repeated in step 2b-2.

Flying machine and portal may be used in step 2b-2 when placing the phantom, but they are alternate ways of placing the phantom and do not affect anything else.

Protecting the phantom when placing it may be possible, but the possibility to protect other meeples insted in step 2b-2 doesn't seems to respect the intended rule to me  ???

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2020, 02:52:51 AM »
Protecting the phantom when placing it may be possible, but the possibility to protect other meeples insted in step 2b-2 doesn't seems to respect the intended rule to me  ???
Indeed. For me, Phantom asction is place of phantom nothing else.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2020, 06:09:21 AM »
Hi guys!

I think you all are absolutely, right!

I was totally carried away by the wording (although my initial interpretation was the same as you)... protecting other meeples is intended for Step 2B-1 only.  :o

So the bottomline would be as follow:

The rules do not limit the number of meeples you may protect during the placement of a tile for 4 points each. So you could protect a wooden meeple and your phantom... This is a placement option.

Additionally, each time you do not place a meeple in Step 2B-1, you can protect a meeple already placed (in a previous turn). In the great scheme of things this means:
* Step 2B-1: If you do not place a meeple or perform any other action part of this step, you may protect a meeple.
* Step 2B-2: Even if your phantom is in your supply and you decide not to place it, you may not protect a meeple.

Both steps should be skipped if you removed a knight with a princess tile.

Thanks to all for the correction!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 06:42:30 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2020, 07:41:07 AM »
+1 Merit.
This is really what it has to be (even that phantom is not yet discovered in C2 world ;-)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2020, 07:51:22 AM »
Hi guys!

I was totally carried away by the wording (although my initial interpretation was the same as you)... protecting other meeples is intended for Step 2B-1 only.  :o

The rules do not limit the number of meeples you may protect during the placement of a tile for 4 points each. So you could protect a wooden meeple and your phantom... This is a placement option.

Additionally, each time you do not place a meeple in Step 2B-1, you can protect a meeple already placed (in a previous turn). In the great scheme of things this means:
* Step 2B-1: If you do not place a meeple or perform any other action part of this step, you may protect a meeple.
* Step 2B-2: Even if your phantom is in your supply and you decide not to place it, you may not protect a meeple.

Seems perfect to me!  :)

Offline Gagoune

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
  • To place or not to place...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2020, 09:24:07 AM »
I'm silking up!  :(y)
Good jod to everyone !  8)
Thanks Meepledrone for the final wording !  ;)
That's a great teamwork !

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2020, 10:40:03 AM »
No problem!

Discussing the rules is always fun... We have to do this more often  ;D

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2020, 10:49:58 AM »
No problem!

Discussing the rules is always fun... We have to do this more often  ;D
I did it multiple times. But I have still no luck with simplyfing Halfling rules ;-)

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2020, 11:09:20 AM »
Halfling tiles are not everyone's favorite... I love them, though!  >:D

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2020, 11:30:28 AM »
OK. Thanks!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: The Peasant Revolts interactions with other expansions
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2020, 11:40:38 AM »
Moved

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2020, 12:51:41 PM »
 :(y) :(y)

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2020, 11:49:23 PM »
Hi guys!

Seems perfect to me!  :)

I don't want to be the critical one here, but I don't think this wording is perfect.  :D

In my opinion, the section "* Step 2B-2: Even if your phantom is in your supply and you decide not to place it, you may not protect a meeple." should be omitted completely. We have just agreed that protecting a meeple is just a standard "Move the Wood" action as all the other ones (tower piece, fairy protection, WoF, Little Buildings, etc.). Then, why should we include a special remark for protecting a meeple, but not for the other "equal" actions?

I think it will lead to more questions for new players instead of more answers...

The only thing you can do is Step 2B-2 is placing your phantom, nothing else. That is as clear as it can be.

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2020, 02:12:36 AM »
I agree it may be an overkill, but the wording may lead you think you can protect other meeples instead of placing your phantom.

In the Order of Play you won't include the option, but out of context I think it is okay to include this clarification.

Remember the wording included in the rules:

Each time you do not to place a meeple on the tile you just have placed, you may protect one of your meeples standing on tiles for the cost of 2 points.

If you apply it literally, you would assume this applies to Steps 2B-1 and 2B-2. Did this happen to anyone here recently in the heat of the moment?  :o

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2020, 02:21:19 AM »
Each time you do not to place a meeple on the tile you just have placed, you may protect one of your meeples standing on tiles for the cost of 2 points.

Hmm, I didn't realize that. Now I understand your first wording for Phase 2B-2. In this case maybe it has to be able to protect meeple if none meeple was changed to protected in Phase 2B-1.

Wording can be: When you didn't place your phantom from your supply, you can protect any meeple if you don't do this in Phase 2B-1 Place Wood. (something with nicer english ;-D)

What do you think?

PS: German wording in rules mentioned in quote is similar?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:23:04 AM by Bumsakalaka »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Peasant Revolts expansion

Started by Finstochian

9 Replies
Last post December 05, 2020, 11:49:44 PM
by Vital Pluymers
xx
The Barbarian Report: Revolting Peasants and Reclining Meeples (Peasant Revolts)

Started by Whaleyland

1 Replies
Last post December 18, 2021, 01:47:26 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Clarification of rules (abbot, Spiel tiles, peasant revolts) - with HiG - 24 11 2020

Started by Meepledrone

23 Replies
Last post January 05, 2021, 11:01:36 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
New mini expansion Carcassonne - The Peasant Revolts on cundco.de

Started by Bumsakalaka

61 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 12:59:29 AM
by cicerunner
xx
Clarification of rules (peasant revolts - part 2) - with HiG - 12 01 2021