Author Topic: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition  (Read 56924 times)

Offline gabrielgeek

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • I'm a monkey
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 12:24:59 PM »
Here in Italy we're still waiting for the C2 versions of exp. 5 and 8. If HiG released a new C3 edition it would be beyond ridiculous.

As I wrote before about Devir, in eshop of italian publisher Giochi Uniti, there is still Expansion 8 in C1 available. Expansion 5 in C1 not, so maybe they will publish C2 version this year.
Giochi Uniti has already a history of late localization for expansions. They once had so many leftover copies of the wooden edition of Catan Cities and Knights that only recently they managed to get rid of and now they are finally offering the new plastic edition. All other expansions were offered in the new edition since years. The same is happening with Carc expansions, apparently.

Offline Gunho

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 10:48:48 PM »

Congrats Gunho for your first post!

You help us start the year with hope in what's to come! Thanks!

Have you being playing Carcassonne for long? A C1 or a C2 fan? Small games or Mega Carcassonne?

Happy New Year!

Yes I have been playing Carcassonne for a while, probably about ten years. I started out on the old app for iPad, and then purchased Big Box 3. It is one of my family's favorite games. I recently got Hills and Sheep as well, and am trying to start playing a little more competitively on Asmodee's digital version. I picked it up when it offered for free on the Epic Games platform a little while back.

I prefer C1 as that is what most of my collection consists of, but I don't mind C2 either. I don't like really long games, so I prefer playing with 2 expansions maximum.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 01:07:05 AM »

Have you being playing Carcassonne for long? A C1 or a C2 fan? Small games or Mega Carcassonne?

Happy New Year!

Yes I have been playing Carcassonne for a while, probably about ten years. I started out on the old app for iPad, and then purchased Big Box 3. It is one of my family's favorite games. I recently got Hills and Sheep as well, and am trying to start playing a little more competitively on Asmodee's digital version. I picked it up when it offered for free on the Epic Games platform a little while back.

I prefer C1 as that is what most of my collection consists of, but I don't mind C2 either. I don't like really long games, so I prefer playing with 2 expansions maximum.
I think this is the begining of a good friendship hahaha

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital

I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 01:15:12 AM »

Happy New Year!

You can establish a game club called C1 Rick's Cafe!  ;)
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 09:43:52 AM »
Here in Italy we're still waiting for the C2 versions of exp. 5 and 8. If HiG released a new C3 edition it would be beyond ridiculous.

As I wrote before about Devir, in eshop of italian publisher Giochi Uniti, there is still Expansion 8 in C1 available. Expansion 5 in C1 not, so maybe they will publish C2 version this year.
Giochi Uniti has already a history of late localization for expansions. They once had so many leftover copies of the wooden edition of Catan Cities and Knights that only recently they managed to get rid of and now they are finally offering the new plastic edition. All other expansions were offered in the new edition since years. The same is happening with Carc expansions, apparently.
It's problem of only one language edition of games.
But sometimes it helps if somebody are looking for brand new old game where game material is language independent (like carcassonne).
Good example are still available minis C1 expansions on Slovak page (Mini 1-2) or Finland page (Mini 1-6)
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 10:00:07 AM »

Happy New Year!

You can establish a game club called C1 Rick's Cafe!  ;)

Good idea! But I will call it C1 Meeple's Cafe hhahaah

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 03:35:34 AM »
I'm expecting a Big Box with some exclusive expansion in it.

Probably like the proto-big box Gold version.

I'm more interested in Ultimate Railroads.  Will this include both German and Russian Rail roads?  One has been out of print for quite a while.  I've been hoping to play it online.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 06:46:13 AM »
Maybe it will be some collectible version of Carcassonne, like Gold/Leather book version years ago.
I have one collectible bible with very nice pictures in big format (larger than A4 / Letter).
Event it is protestant bible, and it was very educative for me (to see differences). I have some interesting books in bookshelf with different point of view of everything ;-) But those collectible  Carcassonne "Book" is obviously missing ;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:50:29 AM by Bumsakalaka »

Offline gabrielgeek

• Freeman
  • I'm a monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 06:53:26 AM »

I'm more interested in Ultimate Railroads.  Will this include both German and Russian Rail roads?  One has been out of print for quite a while.  I've been hoping to play it online.
Rumors have it that Ultimate Railroads will contain everything released so far for RRR: base game, German RR, American RR, DSP mini-expansion, Juri Dreigleisky engineer. Maybe even more, who knows?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 07:39:36 AM »
I hope so, but maybe it isn't.  It's not too uncommon for things to not be quite perfect  ;)

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »

I share your expectations.

Offline Carcassonne King

• Villein
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2021, 02:49:26 AM »
I'm personally hoping that the Carcassonne 20th anniversary edition is like the Catan 25th anniversary edition - pieces with unique paint jobs and some helpful things like sleeves and trays, but no exclusive expansions.  It's bad enough that I had to get second copies of the base game and first and second expansions when I got the big box just to get the 7 mini expansions.  Don't do this to me again!  Also, I really hope it's not Carcassonne 3.0.  2.0 looks great and doesn't need to be updated, plus it hasn't been out for very long.

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2021, 05:18:19 AM »
I also hope that there will be no Carcassonne 3.0 release any time soon. I think there would be few who would genuinly appreciate it now.
What I wish the so far mysterious release to contain: new version of Wheel of Fortune, two brand-new miniexpansions, one Festival 20 years edition (after two issues, this is also a bit of a tradition now, right?), two hard-to-find CC1 minis in the new artwork (my preffered choices would be Besiegers and Tunnels).
What I expect it to contain: basic game, Festival 20, one new and one remade miniexpansion.

Offline gabrielgeek

• Freeman
  • I'm a monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2021, 05:31:48 AM »
When can we expect some news?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
I expect to know more on Tuesday  :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne 20th anniversary edition 2021

Started by Christianmocking

10 Replies
Last post January 16, 2021, 05:48:06 AM
by Decar
question
Best expansions to complement 20th Anniversary Edition

Started by h0bbitses

7 Replies
Last post December 06, 2021, 01:14:39 PM