Author Topic: Highwaymen vs Thieves  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Danci

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Highwaymen vs Thieves
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:36:33 AM »
Are the Thieves now Highwaymen in Carc V2 ? Makes sense to me but the directions for Inns and Cathedrals V2 still calls them "Thieves." I"m assuming it's just a typo? What are your thoughts for name change? I like it but they need to keep it consistent  moving forward.  C:-)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3066.0

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
Re: Highwaymen vs Thieves
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 08:38:48 AM »
Hello Danci! I guess I should say welcome (since you have few posts I assume you are new to Carc Central)? If not, I apologise!

Most people would know what a thief was, but maybe not a highwayman, so it could be a typo or an update in language. Not too sure on this one
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:42:07 AM by ARabidMeerkat »
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »
The terminology of meeple/followers is in the process of changing between the original and new editions.

Highwayman is the new Z-man term for a meeple on a road.  However they are still referred to as Thieves in the new edition of Inns and Cathedrals..... Classy Z-man it takes you 8months to release the new edition in English and you didn't get that right.

Good spot Danci!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 09:17:52 AM »
There has been a lot of game publisher consolidation as of late.  Asmodee bought Zman back in July and Zman really haven't met a lot of their schedules since.   The component quality hasn't suffered in my opinion, but I have seen some weird rules typos lately.  The US just got the Zman Choclatl expansion for Cacao last month.  Abacusspiele had it available in Europe in March I think.   

Offline lomdr

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:02:12 PM »
Pretty much, Dirk.  Also, Z-man hasn't been able to keep up with other international games either.  Marco Polo's reprint has been delayed for awhile now.  But yeah, America JUST got Princess and Dragon, at around Halloween by my best guess.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
C2 - Any rules for Highwaymen, Water Tower, or Farmhouses?

Started by Carcatronn

6 Replies
Last post February 16, 2021, 02:59:34 PM
by Carcatronn