Author Topic: Testing out the divisional league  (Read 15588 times)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
Re: Testing out the divisional league
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 04:10:28 PM »
A late night battle between The Tower and Abbey & Mayor.  No doubt someone can work out the final 'league' score!!

I got the majority of the tower tiles and placed as few meeples as possible.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 04:14:35 PM »
The score is 4-1 to halfling, which is a bit of a surprise, considering that the match score was very tight. Hope that it was enjoyable?

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2018, 11:28:52 PM »
That is harsh on Pedro.  Ok at game end I captured 5 standard meeples and the Mayor but his skill ensured that he kept in touch and I only felt safe once I had placed a farmer in 'Pedro's' field.

I like the Tower having finished well in The Tower League a couple of years back.  Thus I was more confident than usual going into the game.  The scores were level or thereabouts throughout but I always had wood to spare.

It was weird not playing Yellow - I had to reflect this in my name so I didn't look at the wrong colour during the game!

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
If the rules of the Count have been followed to allow JCZ to rob me of victory in this game I am amazed.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
This was version 2 of this match. Version 1 is still floating around in the depths of Farin's server.

Quite ironically and possibly quite importantly, I think that I was well in the lead in the first version of the game, only needing a RRFF tile to seal my 'big farm' away from Halfling's greedy clutches. This being said, I had waited nearly the whole game for one of these tiles and I still had not received a single one.

Moving on from a game that I should have won, but didn't, we went to a game that I should have lost, but didn't.

This match was the biggest tussle that I have had as far as I can remember. Halfling managed to glom on farmers to 'his' big farm an almost infinite amount of times and then continued to do so after I had managed to work hard, and for once, successfully, to join 'my' big farm to his to share the barn points.

I kept robbing his cities by wicked use of the City of Carcassonne, and just when they thought it was all over, Halfling managed to block my mayor in the city using the count to stop me from deploying him.

Then something strange happened. I used my abbey, put down a monk with only a few tiles to go and, for some reason, I was deemed to have scored points for him and not myself. This meant that I could free my mayor and rob him of the big incomplete city at the end.

I don't know if this was a bug, or if we both missed something, but if it was a bug, then it was one that needs to be sorted out. I will see if I can re-create this at a later date. I think that it will only appear in the unlikely event that we have another Count of Carcassonne v Abbey and Mayor, so it is not so significant. It is certainly not as urgent as the crashing public server. This is something that we have to get around before the season starts.

Well played Richard. I always seem to have a controversial game against you, but they are always fun. At least this has truly tested JCZ prior to the season starting for real.

I make the final score an undeserved 4 - 1 to me.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 01:53:38 PM »
After the abbey + meeple was played in a space that was 8/9ths complete; nothing would have been scored.....but I played my road meeple from the city on a 3 point road as I was trying to work out why JCZ thought I could deploy a follower. There was no one else on that road so I wasn't overmanning or sharing any points they were all mine.  The taking of these 3 points initiated an option for Steve to place another meeple in the city, free his Mayor and move the count to my meeple in the market/fields area.

A thousand expletives were issued.  I didn't get to share a glommed meeple.  Steve got to deploy the Mayor.  An overall swing of approx. 50 points.

If anyone joining the league is unfamiliar with the machinations of the count then I sincerely suggest you get in some practice.  The invoking of dubious dark art rituals could well also be an advantage.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2018, 02:02:46 PM »
After the abbey + meeple was played in a space that was 8/9ths complete; nothing would have been scored.....but I played my road meeple from the city on a 3 point road as I was trying to work out why JCZ thought I could deploy a follower. There was no one else on that road so I wasn't overmanning or sharing any points they were all mine.  The taking of these 3 points initiated an option for Steve to place another meeple in the city, free his Mayor and move the count to my meeple in the market/fields area.

A thousand expletives were issued.  I didn't get to share a glommed meeple.  Steve got to deploy the Mayor.  An overall swing of approx. 50 points.

If anyone joining the league is unfamiliar with the machinations of the count then I sincerely suggest you get in some practice.  The invoking of dubious dark art rituals could well also be an advantage.

That explains it. You had a meeple in the city of Carcassonne and a road was closed. This means that you were allowed to deploy from the city to a completed feature, which you did and scored 3 points. Unfortunately, it then saw that I had played a tile without scoring, and caused you to score. I therefore could move a meeple to the city and hence move the Count.

Conclusion, it was not a bug after all. Just sheer incompetence on your part Richard! You should have read the manual!!!  >:D

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »
may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the counts armpits

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 02:08:01 PM »
may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the counts armpits

Funny that you should know about that.....

.... and you have the cheek to talk about 'Dark Arts'.  ;D

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2018, 02:33:01 AM »
Test league update with all the matches played over the weekend. I am looking for better names for the individual 'prize' categories for the most road points etc.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2018, 03:08:04 AM »
Steve - I can't see the png image.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2018, 03:15:20 AM »
Steve - I can't see the png image.

The version above is incorrect. I had a few dodgy links on my spreadsheet. I believe this to be the correct version, but I would appreciate it if you could check it for me.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2018, 03:18:13 AM »
Wow - I am not doing very well at all here! Oh well - I will just enjoy myself

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2018, 03:20:39 AM »

At least you beat the guy in 2nd place!!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2018, 03:30:42 AM »

Enjoying yourself is what it's all about!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Carcassonne Divisional League

Started by TheSteveAllen

12 Replies
Last post December 22, 2018, 10:56:11 AM
by jungleboy
xx
The Carcassonne Central Divisional League - Spring Season

Started by TheSteveAllen

28 Replies
Last post March 04, 2019, 03:04:41 AM