Author Topic: Friendly games  (Read 23320 times)

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Friendly games
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »
Given the number of friendly games that are currently being played, rather than cluttering up other specific threads (which 've been guilty of), jungleboy suggested that we created a separate topic for this. So, feel free to post a screenshot and details of your friendly / practice games here...

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1966.0

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly games
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:36:33 PM »
Right then, without further ado here are details of our friendly game from earlier...

Friendly game with jungleboy, Lukey-Dukey and myself using the basic game.

It was much closer than I expected at the end, with farms being highly scored by all. The final scores were as follows:
Rich_The_Fish: 107
jungleboy: 106
Lukey-Dukey: 96

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:54:36 AM »
Toastytoast dropped by the chatroom late last night to see if there were any players online from the group2 welcome tournament. There weren't though so we decided to play a friendly game - well I say friendly it was relatively but it was also quite tense as we were both rather competitive! At one stage I trapped 2 of both his and my meeples in a city, leaving only the CCCC tile available to complete the city (this was because I was going to be overpowered in the city so decided it would be best if we shared the points instead). Decar (who was hosting the game) commented that it was a ballsy move! The tiles weren't all that kind, and for ages we both had lots of meeples stuck in incomplete features - both of us had 1 in the city on the left and Toastytoast had one on the long road in the middle. In the end, the game was probably won after a big battle for fields. However, should the cloister with road tile have been drawn earlier by Toastytoast (rather than as his last tile), then the outcome may well have been different as he might have been able to merge the farms at the top and take control.

Final score:
Rich_The_Fish - 141  :green-meeple:
Toastytoast - 89  :red-meeple:

Thanks for the enjoyable game.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »
In hindsight, for you playing the CCCC where you did made sense.  I think you were able to make better use of the 2-meeple than toastytoast did.  It's difficult to decide sometimes whether it's better to play 3v3 or 5v5 or 7v7 with your meeple.  It really depends on how you think your opponent handles their meeple.

Your placement of the cccr tile was excellent.  But I was shouting at the screen, when toasty didnt just play a farmer in the field, before you joined!

I missed the end of the game, but the top-right looked intense.

Great game, i look forward to seeing more!

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »
Thought it might be nice to post this - my friend joined CC tonight (T-101). He was hoping to join the new members welcome tournament but the recently vacated spot was already filled by then!

However, all is not lost as he's now been introduced to the forum and the fab JCZ, so we decided to have a (very) friendly game with loads of chat to explain what was going on whilst he learnt how to play. I hope that it wasn't too overwhelming for you and that you enjoyed your first game. Sorry about that farmer of mine - I completely forgot that I'd placed him there towards the start of the game and genuinely thought that you owned the field. You were a bit unlucky as well, as I kept on getting cloister tiles drawn, but you did managed to join several of my cities to share the points. Still, we can't have you winning your first game or you'd think it was too easy!!

Thanks once again for playing - you did really well and I'm looking forward to another game over the w/end.

Cheers mate.
Rich_The_Fish.

Offline Ailurus

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »
Nice game with Rich_The_Fish earlier this evening (basic game + T&B)! Rich deployed some farmers during the early stages and managed to claim the field in the end. For some reason I pretty much got every tile I needed at the right moment for most of the game. Hope I have some luck left for the remaining match in the Welcome Tournament :))

Rich_The_Fish — 118 :green-meeple:
Ailurus — 172 :red-meeple:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:34:55 PM by Ailurus »

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »
Joansinmiedo T-101 and I played a game earlier tonight. We used River II and the King and Robber Baron expansions, as a bit of practice for the World Cup tournament (I didn't add I&C though, as this was only T-101's third game so I didn't want to complicate things too much).

The game was a bit stop - start as JCZ crashed a couple of times and we had some connection issues, but we got there in the end! We all got a few meeples stuck for the majority of the game, but in the end it was all about the farms. T-101 got out numbered and lost out on a share of 30 points from the main farm. If I'm honest, Joansinmiedo seemed to have it all under control though - I only got close thanks to a couple of fortunate tiles enabling me to get my farmers into the mix. I did have a bit of a dilemma towards the end and chickened out and didn't complete the 8 tile city in the north west in order to gain the King tile (in the futile hope that the city wouldn't be completed, but it was in the end).

Final scores were:
Joansinmiedo  : 131  :red-meeple:
Rich_The_Fish : 108  :green-meeple:
T-101             : 64    :blue-meeple:

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »
Khalid and I played a friendly match using the expansions for the next round in the World Cup for practice - I&C, A&M and M&W. It was a close game all the way. I had the bigger barn farm and finished a very large road with an inn, but Khalid completed a cathedral city with the mage in it. I stole a couple of mid-size cities from him and only just lost the overall city count despite his cathedral-mage city. Anyway, it was a good game and good practice for both of us ahead of our WC matches.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »
JCZ
Today I had a friendly game with jungleboy and Hounk.
We played with base game and Princess&Dragon.

With the last tile I joined my 2nd farmer into the big farm and won the majority of this farm - and have won the game.

The Princess did her work in the cities and the Dragon was always hungry and he got enough to eat.

Thanks for the game Hounk and jungleboy.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »
It was sure a great game. Early on JB build most of the city in the center. Kettle at one time had a meeple inside, JB two, and a third one ready to sneak in, to make sure the dominance will stay. But the dragon was hungry, so suddenly, after I got via portal the second time into the CCCF-Cloister, there was a chance to get at least even with JB in the city. I tried to sneak in with the BG-CFFF between JBs 12 point farmer and mine, and was able to connect with the CCFF field splitter, which I used to remove JBs knight. (The farmer I placed later via portal.) So I was suddenly alone in the city, I virtually built nothing of before. The only thing I felt uneasy was, that I needed a CCFF to complete city and cloister, and I scanned the board, that all the regular BG-tiles, with exception of the 2 splitters were already out on the board. I was not sure, how many tiles there were in P&D (there was another splitter with vulcano, like I noticed later), but lucky me, I got the fitting princes tile pretty soon. So this tile alone was worth for me 40 points for the city, 9 for the cloister and 3 for the fairy and gave me a huge lead.

The downside was, that it made JB and kettle alike aware of me as the "main opponent", so the dragon was especially fond of my meeples. The turning point was, when I managed to lead kettles (at that time also mine) long road away from JBs thief and trap his monk with a CCFR-hole the same way, I previously did on kettle. JB seemed at that point quite stressed out, he even protected once his trapped 1 point thief instead of a nearby farmer with fairy. This made no difference, because the dragon ate on his next move them both, plus a farmer of me and my thief on the long road.

With that happening, I did not go for fighting me back into the road, getting into the farm with as much farmers as possible seemed more important. There was a huge fight between JB and me, who constantly had two farmers on the field or closed to connect, while kettle, I think all the time, only had the one with the fairy on the screen shot. But most of them pleased the dragon, and then, on the last tile, kettle eventually got for the first time a second farmer on the field, with JB and me only having one each at that time.

Very well played by kettle, who did not let herself be discouraged by the early huge lead of me, and fought back very good. Absolutely a deserved win.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 02:18:10 PM »
A quick friendly game between halfling and me - base game + Abbey and Mayor. I held my abbey back until the end and closed the large city with it. The points from this and from my larger barn farm allowed me to win even though halfling led for basically the entire game.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 12:16:04 AM »
A great game with my favourite expansion.  The game could've gone either way right up to the last tiles.  Very enjoyable and congrats again Jungleboy.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 12:26:50 AM »
Another thing to mention is that halfling needed only a corner road tile to join his barn farm to my (larger) barn farm with about 12 tiles left. But by complete luck of the draw, I drew all three remaining corner road tiles and he was never able to join it.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
Another friendly game with halfling, this time with I&C and M&W.

I managed to close a cathedral city with mage for 100 points, so that was effectively the end of the game. Halfling kept fighting but the deficit was too great.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 05:36:24 AM »
Anyone else ever scored 100+ in a single city?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTCOC Friendly Match: UK vs. Portugal

Started by danisthirty

4 Replies
Last post January 17, 2023, 09:47:53 AM
by Leven
question
What games did you enjoy at UK games expo (or other games convention)?

Started by asparagus

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2016, 02:27:25 AM
by asparagus
thumbup
Carcassonne Games Marathon: July 2nd in London

Started by jungleboy

83 Replies
Last post July 10, 2016, 03:22:48 PM
by JT Atomico
question
Top 10 Games - Poll #7