Poll

Which version(s) of Cathars/Siege/Besiegers do you own or want to own?

I have all three of them
28 (27.7%)
I have one or two of them, and I want all three
23 (22.8%)
I have one or two of them, and that's enough for me
25 (24.8%)
I don't have any of them, and I want all three
7 (6.9%)
I don't have any of them, but I want to get one or two
15 (14.9%)
I don't have any of them and I don't want any of them
2 (2%)
Other (please explain)
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: Completionism Poll #1: Cathars, Siege and Besiegers  (Read 25516 times)

Offline Hepguy

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Completionism Poll #1: Cathars, Siege and Besiegers
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 07:24:10 PM »
 My OCD demands that I obtain all 3 variants (yes i consider them variants just as i would any of the monastery or cloister tiles.) This is due to the diversity of artwork and differing number of tiles in the releases, unlike having or not having a watermark. 
Benedictio Dei

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 08:34:54 AM »
Something I just noticed at CundCo - the metal box version of Carcassonne (the one exclusive to Müller) comes with Count, King & Consort and Besiegers addons... Might be of some use to someone.

Edit: this is the metal box version http://cundco.de/brettspiele/carcassonne/109/carcassonne-metallbox?c=29
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:39:12 AM by hunnymonster »
Whatever it is, it's probably in the post from Germany...

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
Another update (since CundCo appear to have sold out of the Müller Metallbox edition) - for anyone in the UK after Besiegers - there is a UK listing on BGG mart for the Müller box at what I'd consider a reasonable price... Containing Besiegers, King, Count & Robber too...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:33:05 AM by hunnymonster, Reason: Clarifications »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2016, 11:06:19 AM »
Another update (since CundCo appear to have sold out of the Müller Metallbox edition) - for anyone in the UK after Besiegers - there is a UK listing on BGG mart for the Müller box at what I'd consider a reasonable price... Containing Besiegers, King, Count & Robber too...

I didn't realise that Cundco was not selling Besiegers by itself anymore either. I was going to get a second set for my travel box but now I'll have to rethink that idea.

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2016, 11:38:56 AM »

I didn't realise that Cundco was not selling Besiegers by itself anymore either. I was going to get a second set for my travel box but now I'll have to rethink that idea.

They haven't had them since at least mid-January (when I placed my first order) or I'd have bought one... I thought I'd missed out on the Müller box when my last order was "Partially completed" but thankfully it was only the free bag that was missing from the order.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2017, 07:20:58 PM »
Sorry to necro another thread, but I'm the first "Other" vote and the poll does ask me to explain...

I have Siege from CS&C but I also want the Besiegers, because the tile count is higher and also I think the Besiegers artwork is the best of the three.

I don't feel a need to track down the Cathars because I don't really like the artwork: neither the broken-down walls ruining the castle lines, nor the faces-in-circles ruining the landscape. (The Plague doesn't interest me either, for the same reason: Carcassonne is a very beautiful game, but The Plague is garish and unfriendly to the landscape.)
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Clarity for Besiegers, Cathars, and Siege

Started by Allograft

17 Replies
Last post February 23, 2021, 11:44:57 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
WTB: Tunnels / Besiegers / Cult, Siege, and Creativity

Started by Mike Stop Continues

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2014, 03:29:53 PM
by chrismalenurse
xx
WTB/WTT The siege/belagerer/cathars

Started by lordvic

1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2017, 02:43:45 PM
by Decar
xx
Cathars/Besiegers rule clarification

Started by MrNumbers

7 Replies
Last post November 15, 2014, 11:16:53 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Have: NIB all minis,GQ11 Catap,+stuff Want: Tunnel/besiegers/cathars (as all do)

Started by What If?

2 Replies
Last post January 17, 2018, 01:59:23 AM
by danisthirty