Author Topic: Carcassonne by Forums  (Read 121748 times)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: Carcassonne by Forums
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 03:22:44 AM »
I totally want to see a game played with the Catapult PBF. That would be amazingly interesting. No cheating!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 03:29:37 AM »
I’m hoping to create a stop-motion animation of the game progressing once it’s finished. If the catapult were included and players were willing to film themselves firing it (or more particularly, the effect of this on the game), the footage could be included where appropriate in the final video which would become an interesting mix of stop-motion and live video!

Maybe next time. I’ll have to get the catapult first though...  :-\

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 04:01:54 AM »
I’m hoping to create a stop-motion animation of the game progressing once it’s finished. If the catapult were included and players were willing to film themselves firing it (or more particularly, the effect of this on the game), the footage could be included where appropriate in the final video which would become an interesting mix of stop-motion and live video!

Maybe next time. I’ll have to get the catapult first though...  :-\

I dont have it either haha

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 04:39:01 AM »
I have Catapult, but whatever we could use only 3 options of 4 available (catching is off limits by obvious reasons ;) )
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Guy

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 05:00:28 AM »
Too busy to take part in this but can't wait to see how this turns out. Imagine how long a mega card game would take!
I play orange

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 05:35:44 AM »
(catching is off limits by obvious reasons ;) )

I really ought to invest in The Catapult some day, it sounds hilarious!

Too busy to take part in this but can't wait to see how this turns out. Imagine how long a mega card game would take!

I wouldn't be surprised if a game with 200 tiles or more took a full year to complete. Losing a big city or some other valuable feature in a game like that could be majorly upsetting!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 06:29:58 AM »
“Yellow refuses to show his tile to anyone else and continues to consider his options, stroking his chin and humming quietly to himself as he does so. The other players glance at each other cautiously, each of them wondering what tile he has drawn and why it is taking so long to place it...”

This is already starting to feel like a proper game!  >:D

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 08:22:56 AM »
“Yellow refuses to show his tile to anyone else and continues to consider his options, stroking his chin and humming quietly to himself as he does so. The other players glance at each other cautiously, each of them wondering what tile he has drawn and why it is taking so long to place it...”

This is already starting to feel like a proper game!  >:D

With suspense I've been following the game after the starter tile was placed. Such a long way home and with no means of getting off sooner it was eating me from the inside.
  The last few hours at work just became an unfocused mess for survival. An old friend, whom I've not talked to for six months, called me out of the blue on my mobile phone which was a fun surprise and it took my mind off everything else.

I'm finally home, but so much to be done! I have like 1 500 tiles unsorted and to sort out one single copy of the base game will take time. There's no space made for the board either. I just hope I can manage my move before Midnight so I can sleep with ease.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »
Maybe start a new topic only for the game itself.. no posts between it? and comment here

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
I think it's important to keep everything in one thread, to build a timeline which is easier to keep track of. Those of us involved in the game I would presume be available to check the thread at least once a week to be able to catch up with the posts.
  Hopefully people can  skip the threads posts without images if they just want to focus on the board!  ^-^

Player turn: Yellow
Player name: Yellow
Tile placed:
Scored: 4 points from a 2-tile city.

Current board:

And here is a video of my draw, which I must apologise for the quality because I was filming in a cramped space. Although the tile barely is visible, the one I drew, you can verify it that instant I picked it up and flipped it over if you pause at 45 seconds:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:00:15 AM by Yellow »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
Another idea to speed your game along might be that once a player has finished his/her turn, that player sends a private message to the next player so that player is notified that it's their turn.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »
Another idea to speed your game along might be that once a player has finished his/her turn, that player sends a private message to the next player so that player is notified that it's their turn.

This is a great idea!

I can forehand let you guys know I check in daily at least a billion times.  ;D Mostly as a guest because I only post replies when I am at home.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
@Yellow - were you shuffling those tile or caressing them? It looks like you were enjoying it far more than was strictly necessary to me...  :-*

With regards to the PMs these won't be necessary in my case as I will get notified by email whenever anyone posts any new messages on this thread. My phone is never far away (while I'm awake) so I should always be able to respond promptly.

Also, I don't mean to be unnecessarily pedantic, but if possible please take photos from above and make your photos of just the playing area/ landscape as it develops. The reason for this is that I'd like to create some sort of time-lapse project of the game once it's finished so consistency is relatively important for this purpose.

So anyway, it looks like Yellow is developing an early lead. How very telling!  >:D

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 10:35:59 PM »
Also, I don't mean to be unnecessarily pedantic, but if possible please take photos from above and make your photos of just the playing area/ landscape as it develops. The reason for this is that I'd like to create some sort of time-lapse project of the game once it's finished so consistency is relatively important for this purpose.

Isn't it going to look weird with all the different tile versions, lighting and tables?  :@

I can do an uppety shot next time, no trouble. In my defence, I did mail you I put up everything in haste so you guys don't have to wait a whole extra day for my move.  :meeple:

As for my caresscasonne, I treat my last tile as my first tile, with care!  :) But I did see the clip afterwards and it did feel a bit awkard. Figure I upload this instead of drawing a new tile, which would have been unfair.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:39:05 PM by Yellow »

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 11:43:48 PM »

@danisthirty:
For a good time-lapse project you have to take all photos by yourself, I think.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne by Forums 2023

Started by danisthirty

6 Replies
Last post January 19, 2023, 03:39:42 PM
by DIN0
smiley
Carcassonne by Forums 2015

Started by danisthirty

28 Replies
Last post July 06, 2015, 04:51:31 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Carcassonne by Forums 2015: The Red Game

Started by danisthirty

286 Replies
Last post November 05, 2015, 05:35:34 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Carcassonne by Forums 2015: The Blue Game

Started by danisthirty

147 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 03:14:08 PM
by Hounk
question
Why national champions are not represented on the forums?

Started by MrNumbers

1 Replies
Last post September 16, 2014, 12:25:38 PM
by danisthirty