Author Topic: Secret Santa  (Read 5109 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Secret Santa
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:53:26 PM »
I know it's early yet, but with two young kids at home Christmas is something we talk about daily! As such, I was wondering if anybody here would be interested in taking part in a "Secret Santa"?

For the uninitiated, a Secret Santa involves everyone who is taking part sending and receiving one present (in this context I'm guessing most presents will be Carcassonne related but it shouldn't necessarily be limited to this). Nobody knows who their present is from though, hence the "secret" part.

The way I see it working is that anyone who wanted to be part of it would sign up here and then send me a PM with their postal address. Once all interested parties are on board I will draw names at random and forward on the name and address of another forum member to each person. Each person then buys a gift for that person and sends it to them. Like I said earlier, gifts can be Carcassonne related but don't have to be if this is too restrictive.

There would usually be a limit on the amount that should be spent on the gift and this would have to include postage as well. I don't know what most people would feel to be an appropriate limit but my feeling is that around £10 would be about right, although obviously I'm prepared to adjust this up or down depending on what people think. I don't want anyone to feel that this is too expensive, but at the same time, the quality of the gifts sent/ received could be very limited if the price is set too low.

Any thoughts? I would anticipate all gifts being sent by the end of November at the latest so hopefully we should all have a nice surprise to unwrap on Christmas day!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1163.0

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
Count me in, Dan.

Never had a chance to participate in secret santa before!

:meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:49:57 AM »
Yep no surprise - I am in!
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:58:54 AM »

Excellent! Well that ensures a small element of surprise at least. I was worried it was just going to be me and Yellow for a while...

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 08:44:05 AM »
I did participate to the BGG Secret Santa for the past 2 years. My first "target" was American from the west coast and last year the guy was Danish. It was a lot of fun! Though I'm not sure if I will be able to participate this year due to the fact that I will have to move, either somewhere else in Holland or back to Canada (finally not to New Zealand, didn't get the job).

I will let you know Dan if my situation becomes clearer and maybe I will decide to participate to the Secret Santa on Carc Central as well!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:50:58 AM »

Excellent! Well that ensures a small element of surprise at least. I was worried it was just going to be me and Yellow for a while...

I would have sent a Big Box. Inside is just the box of the base game. Inside the base game is a box of a large expansion...

... opening up the expansion box, inside is a mini expansion. Open up the mini expansion is a.... uhm, where am I going with this?

:@

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:54:43 AM »
I would have sent a Big Box. Inside is just the box of the base game. Inside the base game is a box of a large expansion...

... opening up the expansion box, inside is a mini expansion. Open up the mini expansion is a.... uhm, where am I going with this?

A single meeple maybe?  :meeple:

OK. I may have to rig the "secretness" to ensure that Yellow is his own secret santa...  ;D

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »
Oh, the look on Yellow's face when he opens his own package. "Somebody had the same idea as me!"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Secret Santa 2019 on CarCF

Started by Murphy013

2 Replies
Last post November 17, 2019, 11:40:16 PM
by Murphy013
xx
Carcassonne Central Secret Santa

Started by danisthirty

130 Replies
Last post January 20, 2018, 04:22:59 PM
by Leven
xx
Secret Santa 2018

Started by danisthirty

64 Replies
Last post January 14, 2019, 06:42:47 AM
by Sinscerly
xx
Saint Nicholas Scoring Board why not Santa Claus scoring board?

Started by Windekind

7 Replies
Last post December 06, 2019, 12:31:54 AM
by Murphy013
xx
Santa Claus Event 2016

Started by Fritz_Spinne

15 Replies
Last post November 26, 2016, 11:17:56 PM
by stalcupojoy