Author Topic: Colour of different expansions  (Read 3334 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Colour of different expansions
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:06:33 AM »
I discovered "Carcassonne" earlier this year and first got myself a Big Box (the #4 with the 7 mini expansions). Although I did not have the opportunity to mix and match all of the options, I considered buying most of the other expansions earlier than on first thought, because they likely get out of print in the old version.

Now I bought the 6th HiG-expansion with King & Robber Baron, River 2, Count and Cult and what strikes me a little is, that the fields of the Big Box are all very dark green, while the ones of the expansions are very light. I thought, I read somewhere that only the tiles of the "Spielbox" magazine are not really matching in colour. Is this a general issue of this expansion or this big box? Or are there options to change them to something better matching?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1387.0

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Colour of different expansions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »
I thought, I read somewhere that only the tiles of the "Spielbox" magazine are not really matching in colour.

This has been mostly my experience - the colouring of the Cathars is off for all features, and the fields of the Plague are darker than the rest. I believe the Festival fields are also darker than the rest, but other than that, field colouring has been OK for me for the regular expansions.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:54:34 AM »
Thanks for your reply. So it seems the cause of the difference is the "Big Box 4" itself, and it is in general much darker then other printings by HiG, more like the "Spielebox" tiles? (I own the BB4 from HiG.)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 11:59:15 PM »
The tiles of the Big Box 4 are really in dark green, almost the same dark green like the tiles from the plague (Spielbox). The paper structure of the tiles is also different in the Big Box 4.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 02:31:16 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation. Under this condition, I will not bother finding "matching" tiles for my big box. Since I do want to have some of the other expansions, I will just get them the way they are. It would be a pity to have just the few tiles from HiG expansion #4 sticking out unmatching, but if the rest of the "regular tiles" are the same, this will balance of esthetically. (Well, depending what expansions are in the game at times. I will not pick them regarding this and having base game and I&C included most of the times, the "dark tiles" will always dominate the display.)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Colour Matching of Princess & Dragon 2.0

Started by totor66

30 Replies
Last post April 24, 2016, 01:55:49 PM
by Hounk
xx
New Art Colour Matching.... (or lack thereof)

Started by Clownfeet

6 Replies
Last post May 12, 2016, 01:13:34 AM
by Christopher
xx
7th and 8th player meeple colour

Started by ymbuser

14 Replies
Last post April 28, 2022, 09:43:25 AM
by cicerunner
exclamation
WTB - Many different expansions and special items

Started by carca82

4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2022, 04:07:23 AM
by danptg
xx
Different river expansions, how many are there.

Started by CovertOps

7 Replies
Last post August 12, 2016, 08:40:14 PM
by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)