Author Topic: Dispatches from the front lines  (Read 2580 times)

Gerry

Dispatches from the front lines
« on: December 13, 2014, 05:03:27 AM »

I thought it might be interesting if, when you next visit you local game store, you ask how the new version is selling.  I suspect that HiG is counting on a good response to Carcassonne II over the holiday period as a make or break.

I would just like to stress that I am not looking to see the new product fail, a good influx of new players buying the new format will benefit the product line as a whole. But I wont deny that I am pining my hopes on HiG going with dual format expansions.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1338.0

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Re: Dispatches from the front lines
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
I just checked the web site of my FLGS, and he doesn't even have the new edition listed. The publishers are definitely waiting to see the response before deciding future plans. I am not looking forward to buying everything a second time in new artwork, so my personal preference is to carry on with the old art style. I have never heard anybody say they didn't like Carcassonne because of the artwork. Those who don't enjoy it, in my experience, prefer different style of gameplay.

Gerry

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 11:14:37 AM »
The carcassonne shoppe has the new edition on back order so it must be selling.  I assume established players must be buying as I would not expect first time people to be buying it online from a speciality site.

Offline loki

• Duke
  • Merit: 7
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »
With the lack of any future direction from HiG on product development (aside from a veiled hint from kettlefish which seemed to imply a reprint of perhaps the tunnels) one is forced to scour the byways of the internet highway for possible clues.

Z-man games website shows that most of the Carcassonne original expansions (Inns, Traders, Princess,Abbey) are out out of stock.  That of itself does not tell much but the only 2 items which are out of stock but are flagged as being reprinted are Carcassonne 2 and Carcassonne Big Box 5.  This could indicate that the big box route is the only way to pick up those expansions and even then you will only get Inns and Traders plus the long out of print Wheel.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Dispatches, farmer bonus, and barn query

Started by Allograft

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2021, 02:55:34 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Wind Roses and the Messages (Dispatches)

Started by kettlefish

4 Replies
Last post August 27, 2013, 09:57:14 AM
by kettlefish
xx
What constitutes a scoring event for Messengers / Dispatches?

Started by tothederby

3 Replies
Last post March 25, 2019, 06:08:57 PM
by Meepledrone