Author Topic: Most loved....  (Read 10366 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Most loved....
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:16 AM »
What are your most loved Carcassonne possessions?

Is it that hard to acquire expansion signed by KJW, you picked up in a charity shop on your trip to outer-Mongolia, for threepence?

Or the unique handcrafted tableware, that another member lost their finger while constructing for you?

Photos please :)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1943.0

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: Most loved....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:43:14 AM »
My copies of The Cathars, The Tunnel, and Corn Circles I. The Cathars taught me a lesson: after spending about €24.00 on them in 2008, I realised how rare all these Spielbox expansions could be, so I have made sure to pick up every other expansion since, regardless of its playability. The Tunnel is now my prized possession because I bought it for retail price from Spielbox and now it's arguably the most valuable piece in my collection. Its only rival is Corn Circles I, which I bought off the German eBay a few months after the Müller Edition came out — I think I spent €14.00 on that one. Not positive. I don't even like the Corn Circles expansions, I or II, nor do I ever play Tunnels, but both sit in their custom tuck boxes with pride.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:18:28 AM »
My most loved Carcassonne possessions are probably my two large boxes from Basically Wooden! I was looking for a great wooden storage solution for over a year and now I finally have it. I have a lot of wooden stuff in my apartment so the boxes go with everything, and they also helped free up a lot of cupboard space that used to be taken up by individual boxes.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 06:28:51 AM »
I dare say I’ve paid over the odds for a lot of my Carcassonne stuff but on the most part it was all worth it and I don’t have any regrets. However, much of the stuff I’m most proud to own has come for free...

I tend to value stuff most if there is a personal connection so one of my most prized items is a simple 50-point score track that has been signed to me by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede. I have a few cards, stickers and tiles signed by him too, and a copy of the Castles in Germany signed by both Klaus-Jürgen and Doris Matthäus which I also treasure. Kettlefish has been pretty much solely responsible for my coming into possession of these so I’m tremendously grateful to her for them.

Although it’s difficult to say I “own” it as such, another one of my favourite Carcassonne-related things is an email that Klaus-Jürgen Wrede sent me last month to thank me for the cuff-links I made for him. I was so chuffed that he took the time to email me, especially since he went to the trouble of writing it in English as I would have been stuck reading it otherwise!

My favourite meeples are obviously my little danisthirty meeples but also my set of pewter meeples (and key ring) made by our extraordinarily talented Ailurus. Furthermore, I’d have to say that my favourite tiles are probably the ones that have been designed (thanks to JPutt927 and quevy) and produced especially for the various online competitions that we’ve held here over the last year. I also have one of the original copies of Decar’s “UK Saints” expansion which I’m especially fond of because I helped to come up with some of the rules and wrote the first draft of the instructions.

So all in all, despite having boxes and boxes of Carcassonne stuff all over the place (much to my wife’s annoyance), all of my most loved and valued Carcassonne bits fit into a little tin box!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 07:51:33 AM »
I can't decide what was the most important Carcassonne stuff for me...
some examples...
- my first BigBox from 2006
- my own self made wooden box
- my first signed tiles

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:54:39 PM »
I think mine is my first carcassonne box, the anniversary edition. it makes me crazy and bring me to collect all that I can collect...
but I still miss Cathars, Tunnel, crop circle I ...and also the purple and black teacher ...ah, yes, also the old 70 point scorebord...
emmm... an original stiker of Porxada... aaaaaand something signed!!! AAARRGGHHH I have too many think to collect more!!!

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »
I love every single piece of my collection, maybe this is the thing I care most about.

A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »
My most loved items are numerous.  I have my personally signed bridges castles and bazaars box which strangely is my least favourite expansion ( not counting the catapult), I have a few signed tiles, I have the carcassonne central competitions tiles, I have the wooden abbots yet unpainted which quevy made, I have the red meeple keyring from Dan, my super giant enormous meeple and my red mini meeple cufflinks and I  think that's it for the moment. 

When I get some crystal and pewter meeple sets, they will be up there.

But to be honest I just love the whole collection.  I have been trying to print tuck boxes for the expansions that are not yet in tuck boxes to protect them but my printer has died and all the other printers I have access to are laser and the ink cones off the card.  So this is really bothering me that I can't protect my beloved collection properly.

As Dan said , most of my most treasured items are ones which have some sentimental value.  So thank you to those of you who have provided me with these wonderful things.  You know who you are
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
I love every single piece of my collection, maybe this is the thing I care most about.

:'(

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 03:06:05 PM »
At the moment I am pleased to have the German castles as they are both new and very enjoyable to use. Prior to that it was the halflings for the same reason. I am envious of anyone with the tunnels corn circles I or cathars. Mine are homemade versions on blank tiles. I so want real versions of these three expansions.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »
I took some photos of the most significant things I have:

Firstly, There was the hidden signed tiles and goodies that kettlefish sent me,
And today I received a copy of The Russian Promo Tiles from Safari; it means a lot knowing someone was thinking of us and placed an order when they could:

Then there's the effort that Danisthirty put into making me a set of cufflinks for every occasion (there's two for every colour). Knowing Dan spent the time building these for me makes them very special:

plus, knowing I've got a set that matches Klaus-Jürgen Wrede is good too  :(y)

EDIT:

I received these today as a thank you from Spikey-dino; these are really amazing (and one has my name on!!!)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:37:18 PM by Decar »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »
Great photos Decar! I will post some of my own soon, promise!

Glad you liked the cuff-links. I only have a couple of shirts that take them so I never miss an opportunity to wear mine!  :)

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 06:21:58 PM »
Great photos, Decar! I'm glad, that your tiles arrived already.  :))
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 12:31:56 AM »
My most favorite thing is lapel pin, which was given to me by Udo Schmitz. It's so valuable for me because it shows recognition of the most loyal fans :D
Others are some KJW signed tiles, and Carcassonne Gold Rush, also signed by Klaus Jürgen Wrede.
Also I love the trophy, which I received for winning T&B League made by quevy. Nevertheless a win of a competition with receiving a trophy means more than without it ;)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:50 AM »
Just posting again to update my list of favourite Carcassonne items to include these. :blue-meeple: :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
What on-line site offers the most expansions

Started by StatDaddy

5 Replies
Last post April 23, 2020, 06:55:42 AM
by Decar
xx
Most fun game of Carcassonne played?

Started by Decar

5 Replies
Last post August 18, 2022, 10:34:49 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Spoof - Most complicated board game ever.

Started by Paul

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2015, 01:55:05 PM
by asparagus
xx
And The Most Expensive Expansion Is...

Started by Whaleyland

5 Replies
Last post April 12, 2014, 10:11:45 AM
by Scott
xx
The most aggressive version of Carcassonne