Author Topic: A lot of Heretics  (Read 3063 times)

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
A lot of Heretics
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:33:09 AM »
Hello !

This is more like a Big Carcassone question, I have like many the official expansion number 6 with 5 tiles for Shrine and Heretics.

I saw that this expansion came in 3 forms: the one official from this expansion with 5 tiles, another 5 tiles (the same) from the spielbox almanach and 6 tiles (one more exclusive) from cult siege and creativity (coming also with 4 other tiles for Siege)

My question would be: can we play a total of 16 Shrines tiles or just 6 ? (which would made a bit mandatory the acquisition of this expansion cult siege and creativity.

In relation to that, can we also play with the 6 + 4 tiles for besiegers ? (I think yes since they are all different)

Thanks in advance :)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1664.0
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline fastertove

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • My God, it's full of stars!
    • View Profile
Re: A lot of Heretics
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:09:20 AM »
Go crazy!
You can play any way you want! Just make sure which house-rules to use, before you start playing.

I sometimes used all 14 "siege" tiles - why not? ;)

Offline totor66

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 01:37:43 AM »
Ahah thanks :)

But I was wondering if there was an official statement about combining those expansions (couldn't find it on CAR 7.3)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 01:50:14 AM »
There's no official statement. Technically they are all considered the same expansion. The Cult, released via Spielbox, was the public release version for people who already owned the other expansions included in Count, King & Cult. Cult, Siege & Creativity, meanwhile, was the English Rio Grande Games release. They never released King, Count & Cult in the US, only Z-Man did, and Z-Man did not release Cult, Siege & Creativity. There's no official statement about mixing them together because officially, there is only one version of the expansion.

The same applies with Cathars/Siege/Besiegers using almost the exact same situation. (Spielbox released Cathars, followed by Rio Grande's release of Cult, Siege & Creativity, ending with Hans im Glück's release of Besiegers, which technically is the first official release of that expansion.)

Offline totor66

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 02:02:53 AM »
Thanks for the clarification  :(y), so I guess I won't bother finding this expansion Cult Siege and Creativity who seems a bother to have anyway.  :P

Have a nice day !

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 04:18:31 AM »
Just make sure that you wont put all your followers on the cloister-like features!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Completionism Poll #4: Heretics and Shrines (Cult)

Started by jungleboy

24 Replies
Last post May 08, 2016, 10:04:24 AM
by Decar
xx
Abbots, Monks, Heretics, Bishops and... Abbots.

Started by Christopher

2 Replies
Last post March 23, 2016, 09:48:18 AM
by Christopher