Author Topic: Mini-Expansion "German Kathedrals" for Carcassonne-on-Tour 2016  (Read 63745 times)

Offline Christopher

• Count
  • Merit: 12
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Expansion "German Kathedrals" for Carcassonne-on-Tour 2016
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2016, 01:49:12 AM »
I dont see any problems with other expansions yet.

I wonder though. If 1 road is ending in a german castle and german kathedral will the bonus be +3 or +6?

Plus three, I would imagine. The plus three from the Castles comes after calculation of the score from features like inns and mages, same as the plus three from the fairy or Darmstadt. The castle adds three points, not three extra tiles.

I can't wait to play this expansion! Anything that adds to roads is good by me. I love roads, I'm always trying to use them as I feel they get neglected. Couple this with inns and builders and it'll be unstoppable!
Look to the north. Keep looking. There's nothing coming from the south.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2016, 03:12:46 AM »
Yeah i think i will like it too.

Profiles need to be updated.
- Kathedrals, Labyrinth
- CCII Abbey and dragon

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2016, 03:25:47 AM »
Yeah i think i will like it too.

Profiles need to be updated.
- Kathedrals, Labyrinth
- CCII Abbey and dragon
or better:

OLD ART STYLE: standard Carcassonne:
- Cathedrals in Germany
- Labyrinth

NEW ART STYLE: Carcassonne II - new Edition:
- Princess & Dragon
- Labyrinth

move this to:
SPIN-OFFS: Carcassonne: Winter Edition:
- Crop Circles - Winter Edition

SRBO,
I don't understand the Abbey ? What do you mean with that?

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2016, 03:52:39 AM »
Wasnt Abbey and Mayor also available?
Otherwise, my mistake:D

My German Kahedrals also came in. About the color: its slightly a little lighter then german Castles!

Offline wamboyil

• Vassal
  • Merit: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2016, 08:41:57 AM »
Does anyone know how the ordering procedure works (for those in the US) at the "new" cundco.de website? I had trouble a few times before with this and seems to be happening again. I never had trouble with their older site. So I placed an order with them 5 days ago (Cathedrals in Germany and Dynasties game), and when I clicked on the "pay with PayPal" option, it would not let me do that (something about their website not being able to accept PayPal from other countries?). I changed my payment method to "bank transfer", and the order seemed to go through, but I have no idea how I am supposed to make the payment to them. I never received an order confirmation e-mail from them, and my e-mail to them has not been answered yet, after 5 days. This is frustrating, as I said I never had trouble with their older site. I KNOW it a small group of people handling a large amount of orders, but after over a year with their new site they should have this problem (and their communication) fixed.

Any suggestions about what their procedure is for getting a "bank transfer" payment to them?

thanks!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »
On the old site I once did a bank tranfer and then paid my outstanding amount with PayPal.  I think you should be able to do this including your order number and then email support to explain what you've done.

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »
Does anyone know how the ordering procedure works (for those in the US) at the "new" cundco.de website? I had trouble a few times before with this and seems to be happening again. I never had trouble with their older site. So I placed an order with them 5 days ago (Cathedrals in Germany and Dynasties game), and when I clicked on the "pay with PayPal" option, it would not let me do that (something about their website not being able to accept PayPal from other countries?). I changed my payment method to "bank transfer", and the order seemed to go through, but I have no idea how I am supposed to make the payment to them. I never received an order confirmation e-mail from them, and my e-mail to them has not been answered yet, after 5 days. This is frustrating, as I said I never had trouble with their older site. I KNOW it a small group of people handling a large amount of orders, but after over a year with their new site they should have this problem (and their communication) fixed.

Any suggestions about what their procedure is for getting a "bank transfer" payment to them?

thanks!

I am in the US and I was having the same problem with paypay on Cundco.de recently.  I made several previous orders without a problem and then when I tried to make another one it kept rejecting my attempts to use paypal.   I got very frustrated.  So, what I ended up doing, which worked right away, was to create an entirely new Cundco account with a completely different e-mail address.

Once I created the new account with the new email address, the paypal worked right away.  Don't use 'paypal checkout'.  Just select paypal as payment method.   I think to be safe I even waited to receive the order confirmation email and then I paid using the paypal link in the email.   

Hope that helps.   :green-meeple:
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:04 AM »
So noticed something small in the English translation and wondered if it was the same in German.  Specifically:

We are also aware that no cathedrals and archbishops exist in the Protestant Church.

I think it is true for the Lutheran Church: that there are no Archbishops and that pre-reformation Cathedrals informally have kept their old name, even though they are recognized as churches.

But this isn't true for the 'Protestant Church' in general, assuming such a thing exists - As an counter-example the 'Anglican Church' (CoE) has the infamous St Paul's Cathedral.  The Archbishop of Canterbury is also the principal leader of the Church of England.

I suspect the term Protestant Church meant to include: 'in Germany' or was intended more specific about the religion it was describing. 

On further investigation, only 2 buildings are Lutheran, the rest are Roman Catholic, specifically:

Ulm Minster - The church is not a cathedral as it has never been the seat of a bishop.
St Michael's Church - It was once a Cathedral before the reformation.

Here ends my history lesson  :(y)

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2016, 11:43:40 PM »
I just checked Cundco but don't see these for sale. Where can I get them? Does anyone know if Cundco will have them in stock again soon?
Fan Expansions: Fiefs | Labyrinths | Schoolhouses | Vistas
Poetry Website: michaelstalcup.com

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
I just checked Cundco but don't see these for sale. Where can I get them? Does anyone know if Cundco will have them in stock again soon?

They'll be in stock again in October after Essen. This is what they have done for several years now - release a mini-expansion at Easter for two weeks only, then permanently in Oct.

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)

They'll be in stock again in October after Essen. This is what they have done for several years now - release a mini-expansion at Easter for two weeks only, then permanently in Oct.

Ah, so helpful. Good to know. Thanks jungleboy!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Mini Expansion "German Castles" for Carcassonne-on-Tour 2015

Started by kettlefish

104 Replies
Last post October 24, 2015, 05:54:59 AM
by ARabidMeerkat
clip
Road Madness - 2 & 3 player quick game - 118 Tiles (german kathedrals)

Started by SRBO

6 Replies
Last post June 18, 2016, 11:18:14 PM
by stalcupojoy
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
clip
Carcassonne-On-Tour Summer 2016