Author Topic: Spiel Doch Magazine 2018/2 : 2 Carcassonne tiles & 2 Safari tiles  (Read 16141 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Spiel Doch Magazine 2018/2 : 2 Carcassonne tiles & 2 Safari tiles
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »
sure I can hold one for you. In 2016 they did - they may have some limites supplies though. I'm not quite sure.

Offline asp204

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »
I would like one please!

I've ordered some magazines. Let me know if you want one.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
According to the Spiel Doch website, the 2 tiles for Carcassonne can be used together as alternative starting tile.
I don't think there will be any additional rules, just an alternative to the regular starting tile
I do suspect The watermark to be on the tiles, but that will be a wait and see i guess
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:54:33 PM by Willem »
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 02:38:38 AM »
My order just changed to shipped.......
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 03:02:06 AM »
Snif, apaprently my Press shop will just have it on 26/09, date of release for them I suppose.

A shame if people who order have it first :)
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 05:54:12 AM »
My order just changed to shipped.......

Mine too... curious to see it when it comes.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 06:39:05 PM »
Please share images of the actual tiles when they arrive. I suspect you are supposed to place the two tiles beside one another so that 'SPIEL' and 'DOCH!' are beside each other. I am really reluctant to buy this expansion. It costs over $15.00 to send to NZ for two tiles, plus a few more if I ever get the Safari spin-off. That's right up there with the Darmstadt and Kathar tiles in expensive, and I rarely play with either of those expansions. This doesn't even come with new rules, which makes it even less appealing, and the text on the tiles is just atrocious. What's next? A special Amazon expansion that includes the Amazon.com logo across all the tiles?

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 11:31:28 PM »
Wow that would be great, the graffiti of carcassonne written in chalk cliffs or mud flats next to the river. Where are the creative amongst us when I need em?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:11:05 PM by Halfling, Reason: speelingg missteak »

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 01:53:43 PM »
Please share images of the actual tiles when they arrive. I suspect you are supposed to place the two tiles beside one another so that 'SPIEL' and 'DOCH!' are beside each other. I am really reluctant to buy this expansion. It costs over $15.00 to send to NZ for two tiles, plus a few more if I ever get the Safari spin-off. That's right up there with the Darmstadt and Kathar tiles in expensive, and I rarely play with either of those expansions. This doesn't even come with new rules, which makes it even less appealing, and the text on the tiles is just atrocious. What's next? A special Amazon expansion that includes the Amazon.com logo across all the tiles?

Ask yourself: how big will be your regret when you don't buy it now, realise after a year or two you do need it in your life and pay perhaps double or triple?  8) 8)

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 09:11:20 PM »

Ask yourself: how big will be your regret when you don't buy it now, realise after a year or two you do need it in your life and pay perhaps double or triple?  8) 8)

It is an argument for the completionists but not one that will work for the players. I have had tunnels, cathers, besiegers, darmstadt, russian, halflings etc. But they didn't get enough usage due to their associated rules or art style and so i cashed them in and probably bought a whole different game with each. These new games (to my collection) do get played.

221b baker street
Splendor
Lords of waterdeep
Talisman dungeon 2nd edition
And soon ruthless.

And the christmas scoretrack has paid for my large tiles from ted

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2018, 06:10:20 AM »
so?
any new rules for the 2 carcassonne tiles?

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2018, 07:12:06 AM »
so?
any new rules for the 2 carcassonne tiles?

Carcassonne expansion
German: "Die beiliegenden zwei Plattchen fur Carcassonne konnen zusammen als alternatives Startplattchen verwendet werden."
English: "The enclosed two plates for Carcassonne can be used together as an alternative startplate."

Carcassonne: Safari expansion
German: "Die beiliegenden zwei Plattchen fur Carcassonne - Safari werden einfach untergemischt. Auf jedem sind zwei verschiedene Tierarten zu sehen."
English: The enclosed two plates for Carcassonne - Safari are simply mixed in. Each one shows two different species of animals.""

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 07:17:20 AM »
Carcassonne expansion
German: "Die beiliegenden zwei Plattchen fur Carcassonne konnen zusammen als alternatives Startplattchen verwendet werden."
English: "The enclosed two plates for Carcassonne can be used together as an alternative startplate."

At least the rules are nice and simple, and I like that there would be two city segments available from the start so that the first player to draw a city cap doesn't automatically get a 4-point bonus. Or at least if they do, there is still a chance for the second player to do the same.

Is that watermark printed on the tile or on the sellophane wrap? If that's on the tile it could be the ugliest and most out of place watermark yet... >:(

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 07:22:28 AM »
Carcassonne expansion

At least the rules are nice and simple, and I like that there would be two city segments available from the start so that the first player to draw a city cap doesn't automatically get a 4-point bonus. Or at least if they do, there is still a chance for the second player to do the same.

Is that watermark printed on the tile or on the sellophane wrap? If that's on the tile it could be the ugliest and most out of place watermark yet... >:(

The "watermark" is on the tiles themselves. One has "SPIEL" the other has "DOCH!" with some additional scribbling in a font too small for me to read now... (*sigh*... I'm getting old I guess.) In addition, there is also a more actual watermark on the tiles showing "SD".

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 07:24:18 AM »
awesome!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Postponement of Spiel Doch

Started by konrad2605

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2022, 12:16:09 PM
by konrad2605
question
SPIEL DOCH! expansion variant?

Started by DIN0

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2022, 07:30:59 AM