Author Topic: Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Castles  (Read 17214 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Castles
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
Castles:
  • Leven
  • MrNumbers
  • Adrornalin
  • Chooselife
  • thodekey

If you are new to the competitions, please, carefully read the following tournament notes/guidance/rules before continuing.
If you already participated in some Carcassonne Central competitions before, the following rules are pretty much the same as always, except some changes in point 4.

1. Players have already been divided into three different groups (Bridges, Castles, Bazaars). Each player will play one game of Carcassonne against every other player in their group individually via a series of 2-player/ head-to-head games. The winner of each game will be awarded two league points whereas the loser gets nothing. If the game is tied, both players receive one league point each.

2. Players in each group will be ranked according to the number of league points they have scored. PD (Points Differential) will be used as an initial tie-breaker if there is no clear winner based on league points alone, and total combined score (from all games) will be used as a second tie-breaker if necessary. Your PD is calculated by taking the total number of points scored by you and subtracting the total number of points scored against you (combined across all games).

3. Games will be played online through the latest stable version of JCloisterZone (currently 3.4.2). Please ensure you have downloaded this and are familiar with its controls and features before the competition begins. It is also recommended that you have played at least one practice game against a live opponent in order to identify and resolve any technical problems before your first game.

4. JCloisterZone includes a number of artificial aids such as farm hints, projected scores and even tile-counting assistance. We all are busy people, and time is valuable for all of us. Many players spend decent amount of time anyway to count points for farms and uncompleted features, so with the purpose of speeding up our games, I allow to use "projected scores" feature. Other aids are still prohibited. I can't stop you from using them anyway, and won't know if you do, but I do urge you to play as fair as possible. I know it's a competition and we all want to win, but let's keep it fair, fun and friendly as far as possible...

5. Each game will include the basic tiles plus the Bridges, Castles & Bazaars expansion only (no other expansions please). This is 84 tiles including the start tile, so 83 tiles will be shuffled and randomly drawn for you and your opponent in turn. The starting player should be chosen at random through JCZ by selecting the “Randomize seating order” checkbox on the pre-game screen.

6. If any unexpected behaviour occurs during your game (for example if you think you have discovered a bug within JCloisterZone which may have altered the course of the game for you), please consult with your opponent and the CAR/ anyone else who happens to be in the chat room at the time to determine whether it appears to be a genuine bug. If it is, please save your game and post details of the bug along with anything else relating to how it came about on the forums. If however, you and your opponent are both happy to continue with your game despite the bug then feel free to do so, but don’t forget to mention the bug afterwards no matter how minor it may have seemed!

7. Please post a screenshot of your game, including final scores and score breakdown, back to your group thread as soon as your game is complete. It's always interesting to hear what happened during the game too, so please feel free to post any thoughts/ comments at the same time if you wish. If you're not sure how to capture/ post screenshots, please ask on the forums and either myself or someone else will explain how to do this (we're a friendly bunch!)

8. It is the players responsibility to liaise with their fellow group-members in order to find a mutually convenient time to play their game. This is expected to be done predominantly through Private Messages but feel free to use your group thread (here) too if this is easier. Please do keep any appointments you make, or at least give your opponent as much notice as possible if something occurs which prevents you from playing at the agreed time (more on the "Unwritten Rules" is available here).

9. Each of the 3 initial groups contains 5 players so the first stage of the competition will end when every player (all 15 of us) has played 4 games. At this point, the pool will split into 5 groups of 3 depending on finishing position in the initial groups. So, the top-ranked players from groups will form group F1, and those who came second in each group will form group F2. The same will be true for groups F3 to F5.

10. Play in groups F1 to F5 will constitute the second stage of the competition which will run in the same way as the first except with more groups and fewer people per group. League points, PD and total score will be reset at this point (but remembered for overall stats) so that no single player in any group has any kind of advantage. Finishing positions in groups at the second stage will determine overall rank: 1st=F1-1, 2nd=F1-2, 3rd=F1-3, 4th=F2-1, 5th=F2-2, ..., 12th=F4-4, 13th=F5-1, 14th=F5-2, 15th=F5-3.

Finally, you may find the following links helpful: Carcassonne Central IRC Chat and JCloisterZone.

Good luck everyone! ;) :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3185.0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:46:10 PM by danisthirty, Reason: Changed some Es to Fs »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Castles
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:44:20 AM »
thanks for organizing, mrnumbers. in case someone has time to play tonight, i will be available from now on until 10pm german timezone. just leave a reply here or pm. next possibility then is friday.
good luck to all! i think bcb will be very interesting : )

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
BCB here we come. Chooselife and I played our match today. seems to be the first game in the "Castles" group.

it was a very nice and enjoyable game. the score was very close throughout the whole game. the battle for the big farm resulted in few meeples in the stash, only one meeple each, to be precise. with approx 30 tiles left, we both were afraid to place our last meeple. each of us had one possibility to set up a castle near the shared big city where a CCCC tile was missing. although all 3 CCCC were left, a castle was too risky. so we both continued the placement tactics to not let the opponent score easy points. then Chooselife decided to place his meeple as a farmer to successfully connect right with the next tile to the big farm. I decided to place mine in a city which I could finish aswell with the very next tile, and placing a farmer after that. what happened then was pure luck because I was lucky to connect my farmer with my last two tiles thanks to the bridges and Chooselife couldnt prevent me from doing so.

thanks for playing and I'm sure next league game victory is yours  :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:17:49 PM by Adrornalin »

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:33 AM »
For those interested to play against this rookie: I'm available today between 12 and 16 ECT.  I'll bring my bridges, castles and bazaars with me...  :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:13:02 AM by thodekey »

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:09:15 AM »
hello thodekey,
thanks for information. unfortunately i am not available today. tue/wed/thu evening 6-9am (ect) i am ready to play.

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 04:16:23 AM »
Hello Adrornalin,

I guess you mean PM instead of AM or are you available from 6PM to 9AM which seems a heck of a time?  If it really is from 6-9 PM, I guess next Wednesday or Thursday could work...I'll keep you updated.  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 05:31:11 AM »
of course, it is pm. thanks  :D

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 01:27:22 AM »
I should be able to play during working hours including lunch this week. Just drop me a PM if you're online and available.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 02:57:45 AM »
Hello everyone in the Castle! :)
I'm available this week for BCB league games usually after 21:00 CET on weekdays (maybe a bit earlier too).

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 03:28:02 AM »
It is my availability time too. So hope to meet you or someone else some evening this week.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 02:17:53 PM »
MrNumbers vs. Leven
161:128

Throughout the game Leven tried to trap my followers, and he actually succeeded with 2 of them. Leven's chance to reduce the gap was associated with cloister with road, but I was lucky to draw it. During bazaars in most cases I was the payer, maybe because I really wanted those tiles! :)
Good luck with the rest of the tournament, Leven!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
2 games played, 8 left.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
I couldnt make it today. Tomorrow evening I will be in the chatroom. Maybe there is someone around to play next BCB game.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 07:15:17 AM »
Castles group, whats up with you? I'm ready to play this evening (Sat) and tomorrow the whole day (Sun). Please leave a msg here which time suits you most to play our BCB league games.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
Hi Adrornalin.
I can play tomorrow (Sunday) evening, after 8 pm CET.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Bazaars

Started by MrNumbers

28 Replies
Last post March 13, 2017, 01:18:01 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Bridges

Started by MrNumbers

25 Replies
Last post March 16, 2017, 03:23:09 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Rules about bazaars (Bridges, Castles and Bazaars)

Started by SxN

3 Replies
Last post February 01, 2021, 02:13:23 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Expansion League #6: Bridges, Castles & Bazaars - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by MrNumbers

31 Replies
Last post February 21, 2017, 01:53:50 AM
by jma03
xx
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Final round

Started by MrNumbers

59 Replies
Last post April 28, 2017, 08:51:36 AM
by Jéré