Author Topic: Diplomacy  (Read 8355 times)

Offline Bixby

• Marquis
  • Merit: 18
  • Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Bixby's Bar & Grill
Diplomacy
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
A recent post about playing non-competitive Carcassonne reminded me that I should share our Hybrid version of Diplomacy. I think it is the BEST way to play Diplomacy. It captures the absolute best elements of Face to face along with the Best Aspects of Play by Email.

Here is the link with our play format: http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=2807.0
Here is the link to our game along with trash talk and propaganda: http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=2848.0

It is going to be a fun few months. :D

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=314.0
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
So basically a normal F2F Diplomacy, but stretched out over a few months, where if you meet Italy at the grocery store you can plot with him/her. Diplomacy Live, kind of.

It actually sounds excellent! Hmm, I think I will try to set this up. Thanks! :)
"We do not want to make someone buy a whole set just to get a few new cards. We like our fans!" - Donald X Vaccarino

Link

Offline Bixby

• Marquis
  • Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Bixby's Bar & Grill
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »
So basically a normal F2F Diplomacy, but stretched out over a few months, where if you meet Italy at the grocery store you can plot with him/her. Diplomacy Live, kind of.

It actually sounds excellent! Hmm, I think I will try to set this up. Thanks! :)

We are going into 1902 and the tension and paranoia are mounting. This is probably the best way to play this game in my opinion.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
Bixby,
(First, I apologize that I missed your original post somehow - I'm glad Tobias posted again so my attention was drawn to it)
I checked out the SASK link and now know more about this game than I ever gleaned from a couple of read-throughs of the rulebook. :)

I was given this game a couple years ago for my birthday and, regrettably, it is still sitting in my closet. I don't have a game group that is interested in playing it.

But the way you describe the backroom alliances and betrayals I am very intrigued by it. It sounds like it's an ideal game to let play out over a period of time to get the full flavor of the "real life" negotiations and secret deals that can only develop with time and thought - mixed with greed and paranoia. Your hybrid version sounds lke just the thing.

Thanks for keeping us exposed to other games.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:21:02 PM by Carcking »
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Bixby

• Marquis
  • Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Bixby's Bar & Grill
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 02:13:35 PM »
Thanks you. I appreciate your kind words. I love to share my hobby with people so it warms my heart when people get value from me sharing my experiences with other games.

Happy Gaming!
Matt

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter