Author Topic: T & B League: Group B  (Read 44254 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
T & B League: Group B
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:00:28 AM »
Traders & Builders League: Group B

Please use this thread (or Private Messages) to arrange matches between players and to post scores/ match reports afterwards.

Good luck everyone!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1451.0
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:44:15 PM by Decar »

Offline Yall

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: T & B League: Group B
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:24 AM »
Greetings to everyone in group B, I look forward to playing with all of you!
As seen in the list, I'm from Belgium GMT+1, but it looks like most of our timezones are around that.

To get things started: I got a day off this friday (16th) and sunday (18th),so I can get some games done then :)

Feel free to PM and/or post here!

PS: I can finally test if I can host then, should be OK though, got the ports opened after alot of tinkering.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:33 AM »
Greetings to everybody from me, too. Let's do a game on friday then, Yall, since I have a day off there as well, and others might rather take the opportunity to match you on weekend. What time would you prefer? Great, if you can host the game, otherwise we will sure need an admin.

I have (uncommonly) quite few work to do, right now. Today and tomorrow just two brief jobs in the evening. So I will not to be able to take part in a game between 6 p.m. and half past 10 p.m. (between 7 p.m. and half past 11 for our Latvian friends) on either of this days, but any other time I would like to get a few other games running. :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:38:05 AM by Hounk »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:25:23 AM »
As administrator of Group B, I can help with hosting your games (and play mine as well).
I am free mostly at workday evenings, after 21:00 (GMT+2) till almost midnight, and also at weekends. If I am not able to play, I am always able to host a requested game (18:00-24:00 GMT+2 on workdays). If this is the case, feel free to write me a PM for connection details.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 07:19:02 AM »
Hi everyboby! I could play tomorrow and friday after 21:00 and also Saturday during the day. Let me know!
Cheers,
Jéré

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »
Hello, Group B members!
As for me, this week only Saturday is suitable. Jéré, how about a game Saturday afternoon?

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 01:25:14 PM »
Hi Leven!

Is Sat 12:00 ok? Can you host? If not, MrNumber?

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »
12:00 is OK.
I'm currently trying to set up my router with port forwarding, and I asked someone to attempt the connection, but no success so far.  :(

Offline Yall

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »
The first game of the league has been played! It was a match between me and Hounk (and I got to host, which worked, so yay!)
In the end I won with a score 222 vs 127, but it was a pretty tight match until a few good tiles were drawn for me.

Little summary of the game:
The game started pretty slow, not much happened except that I got my builder stuck on a long road which needed a specific FFRR tile. This tile also blocked my monk for a long time. Hounk was able to score a few quick barrels, and after a good 20 to 30 tiles we started building the huge city on the right of the board. The focus on getting that city was a big thing for the rest of the game, at one time I was sure I was gonna lose it! We both had 3 meeples in it (or well, possible meeples in it, the only tile that was missing was the CCCC tile topright). When I drew the CCCC tile with the red ribbon on top, I was able to lock out Hounk's 3th meeple in the little 4pt city to the right of it, scoring me big points, and at this point in the game those 40 or so points gave me a huge jump.
The battle for the farm was also ongoing all the while, and I managed near the end to tie him in farmers, both scoring the same.

In the end I had a really good time playing, especially since this is my first time doing any sort of competition with it!

Screenshot of the game: (sorry, couldn't get it small enough to attach it to the post)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:24:30 PM by MrNumbers, Reason: Embedded image »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
Hi Leven!

Is Sat 12:00 ok? Can you host? If not, MrNumbers?

No problem! Just inform me about exact time, including time zone :)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 03:39:15 PM »
Great game by Yall. I made a capital mistake with my trader, I knew right away after I placed it, but over all had an enjoyable and thrilling game all the same. Yall really pushed me to the limit with the big city. Sure it was luck, that he draw the winning CCCC, but it would have been luck either way.

On the farm, Yall also had been in the lead for most of the time. I was on the field first, but after he sneaked in and blocked my first attempt to regain it with the 3-point farmer next to the "wine city", he soon took the lead with the farmer over the road cloister. In the end, I tried to make the swing with a quick attack of two more farmers, but again he found a way back to even this out.

I myself at least managed to even Yall out on the trade goods. After the big city, it seemed certain, that he got them 30:0, but the tiny city of him on the bottom of the map gave me just the two tokens I needed to shift it to 20:20, so I finished that for 8 points for him.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 09:00:54 PM »
Sounds like a great game guys. Thanks for getting the competition off to such an exciting start!  :(y)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »
Game is afoot!

I can most of my weekday evenings after 18:10 - 02:am. Cannot host as new computer is not set up with an open port.

Just message me a day I'll make sure I am there. I am at +1 Stockholm (and Belgium as well) time.

There is also the irc chat: http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/

And Ventrilo voice group chat: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1313

:meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 03:24:40 AM »
You mean, you are at +1 to Stockholm time? I assume not. ;) According to danisthirty's table all of the competitors of this group are set in Central European Time (CET or GMT+1), with the exception of MrNumber and zone2, who are in Eastern European Time (EET or GMT+2).

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 05:11:12 AM »
You mean, you are at +1 to Stockholm time? I assume not. ;) According to danisthirty's table all of the competitors of this group are set in Central European Time (CET or GMT+1), with the exception of MrNumber and zone2, who are in Eastern European Time (EET or GMT+2).

Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00) Stockholm, Time zone

This is what I meant.  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Wts: need pricing help base,river,t&b,i&c,h&s, a&m

Started by DrManhattan

4 Replies
Last post December 04, 2019, 11:07:47 AM
by Willem
xx
Abbey & Mayor League - Group B

Started by danisthirty

92 Replies
Last post June 14, 2015, 01:57:21 PM