Author Topic: Round 6: MrNumbers vs. Carcking  (Read 6610 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Round 6: MrNumbers vs. Carcking
« on: July 03, 2014, 05:06:34 AM »
First game started quite peacefully. Soon I have finished 14-point city, although Carcking has tried to trap me in this city. But, as I have written before, I've got some lucky draws. After a moment I saw a potential in two farm, later I joined them into one big farm. Carcking started to try to connect to it almost at the end of the game, maybe that is why he was unsuccessful in that mission. The same applies to the big city: first follower was mine (the one with number "18" on it) and my opponent has connected his meeple after the city became quite big. I immediately connected another one, Carcking tried the same, but, after I have counted the tiles I made it impossible to connect (all cccx tiles have gone). Although Carcking was very cautious player (meaning follower placement), throughout the game I was attempting to trap Carcking's followers, mainly in cloisters, and as a result he needed cfrr tile in three different places. He was able to draw one as one of the last tiles of the game, when it didn't have big influence on the final score.
Final score - 106:50.

In the second game we have switched colors. Quite early we almost simultaneously started to build a big city, soon I have connected another follower, but to my surprise Carcking didn't try the same. As a result I finished it, earning 30 points. In this game Carcking was the same cautious player, and in the middle of the game I came out of followers, rather Carcking had 4 followers in his supply. Again to my surprise Carcking didn't try to trap my followers to force me live without followers till the end of the game. Instead he aggressively started to fight for the farm and only with one of the last tiles (see bottom yellow follower) I was able to balance the farms' score. In the end we both were out of followers and the city to the right remained unclaimed.
Final score - 132:96.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=857.0
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Carcassonne League Round 2: MrNumbers vs. Rfielder

Started by MrNumbers

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2014, 01:46:42 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Round 4: danisthirty vs MrNumbers

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post June 15, 2014, 03:02:05 PM