Author Topic: BGG Auction  (Read 3619 times)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
BGG Auction
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:14:08 PM »
Someone is selling their whole Carcassonne collection in a BGG auction.  It ends Friday and includes all the minis.  Bid is at $50 US at time of this post and BIN is at $150.  Link HERE.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2735.0
Flee the fleas.

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
Re: BGG Auction
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 12:48:34 PM »
I am curious how that would go. I imagine the replacement cost of mine would be well over £300. But I cannot seriously imagine an offer like that coming up just when you need it.

Some of you might consider wanting to bid on the part of the site and distribute components to those who need them, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 02:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the link Chris. :) :(y)

If ever I was going to get rid of all my Carcassonne stuff (well, most of it anyway as there are certain things that I would simply never sell) I'd probably do it item by item rather than in one big lot like this. Maybe I have a dozen or so expansions/ items that could be classed as "desirable" but if anyone who wants to get their hands on one particular thing has to buy a load of other stuff they don't necessarily want then they're probably not going to bid for it. :@

Didn't you want to get rid of your whole collection once CKorfmann or are those dark days that you don't want to talk about now? :-X

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »
I would definitely try to sell mine at once. But it won't happen that I'm going to sell it.. :P

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 08:34:16 PM »
Yes, there was a time when I was seeking to sell mine off.  That was about 12 expansions ago, give or take.  I actually sold enough other games that it allowed me to hang on to this one.  I didn't get a very good offer anyway.  The best sale was my entire Munchkin collection, which was considerable, and was purchased by our own Scott. 

Selling it a piece at a time would be the way to go for maybe a few of the expansions, the rest would be difficult to move, I'd imagine.  Selling all at once to someone who doesn't have any of it seems the way to go, but it would almost surely be at a considerable loss.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
exclamation
BGG post - known tile error in 2014 edition ?

Started by cicerunner

3 Replies
Last post March 22, 2021, 11:32:15 PM
by cicerunner
xx
Carcassonne needs your help - BGG Geek Madness Round 3 Vote

Started by unclewill

32 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:45:49 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Carcassonne 2.0 The Tower - photo posted on BGG