Author Topic: Princess & Dragon League: Fairies  (Read 35676 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Princess & Dragon League: Fairies
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:07:07 AM »
Fairies:
  • Andrew the Ambo (New Zealand)
  • Curt194 (UK)
  • Decar (UK)
  • Jéré (Netherlands)
  • JT Atomico (UK)
  • Leven (Hungary)
  • monwil (Canada)
  • rfielder (Canada)
  • zone2 (Latvia)

Please read the following tournament notes/ guidance/ rules before continuing:

1. Players have already been divided into three different groups ("Dragons", "Princesses" and "Fairies"). Each player will play one game of Carcassonne against every other player in their group individually via a series of 2-player/ head-to-head games. The winner of each game will be awarded two league points whereas the loser gets nothing. If the game is tied, both players receive one league point each.

2. Players in each group will be ranked according to the number of league points they have scored. PD (Points Differential) will be used as an initial tie-breaker if there is no clear winner based on league points alone, and total combined score (from all games) will be used as a second tie-breaker if necessary. Your PD is calculated by taking the total number of points scored by you and subtracting the total number of points scored against you (combined across all games).

3. Games will be played online through the latest stable version of JCloisterZone (currently 3.4.2). Please ensure you have downloaded this and are familiar with its controls and features before the competition begins. It is also recommended that you have played at least one practice game against a live opponent (as opposed to a dead one) in order to identify and resolve any technical problems before your first game.

4. JCloisterZone includes a number of artificial aids such as farm hints, projected scores and even tile-counting assistance. I can't stop you from using any of these, and won't know if you do, but I do urge you to play under "exam conditions" as far as possible so that you're relying purely on your own wits, knowledge and experience rather than using anything else to help you. I know it's a competition and we all want to win, but let's keep it fair, fun and friendly as far as possible...

5. Each game will include the basic tiles plus the Princess & Dragon expansion only (no other expansions please). This is 102 tiles including the start tile, so 101 tiles will be shuffled and randomly drawn for you and your opponent in turn. The starting player should be chosen at random through JCZ by selecting the “Randomize seating order” checkbox on the pre-game screen.

6. If any unexpected behaviour occurs during your game (for example if you think you have discovered a bug within JCloisterZone which may have altered the course of the game for you), please consult with your opponent and the CAR/ anyone else who happens to be in the chat room at the time to determine whether it appears to be a genuine bug. If it is, please save your game and post details of the bug along with anything else relating to how it came about on the forums. If however, you and your opponent are both happy to continue with your game despite the bug then feel free to do so, but don’t forget to mention the bug afterwards no matter how minor it may have seemed!

7. Please post a screenshot of your game, including final scores and score breakdown, back to your group thread as soon as your game is complete. It's always interesting to hear what happened during the game too, so please feel free to post any thoughts/ comments at the same time if you wish. If you're not sure how to capture/ post screenshots, please ask on the forums and either myself or someone else will explain how to do this (we're a friendly bunch!)

8. It is the players responsibility to liaise with their fellow group-members in order to find a mutually convenient time to play their game. This is expected to be done predominantly through Private Messages but feel free to use your group thread (here) too if this is easier. Please do keep any appointments you make, or at least give your opponent as much notice as possible if something occurs which prevents you from playing at the agreed time.

9. Each of the 3 initial groups contains 9 players so the first stage of the competition will end when every player (all 27 of us) has played 8 games. At this point, the pool will split into 9 groups of 3 depending on finishing position in the initial groups. So, the top-ranked Dragon, Princess and Fairy will form group D1, and those who came second in each group will form group D2. The same will be true for groups D3 to D9.

10. Play in groups D1 to D9 will constitute the second stage of the competition which will run in the same way as the first except with more groups and fewer people per group. League points, PD and total score will be reset at this point (but remembered for overall stats) so that no single player in any group has any kind of advantage. Finishing positions in groups at the second stage will determine overall rank: 1st=D1-1, 2nd=D1-2, 3rd=D1-3, 4th=D2-1, 5th=D2-2, ..., 23rd=D8-2, 24th=D8-3, 25th=D9-1, 26th=D9-2, 27th=D9-3.

Finally, you may find the following links helpful: Carcassonne Central IRC Chat, JCloisterZone, and this.

The competition is now on! Good luck everyone... :) :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2361.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:07:48 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Country corrected »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: Princess & Dragon League: Fairies
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
Hi folks! I'm traveling at the moment for my work but already this weekend I'll be available! So anytime Saturday or Sunday is good for me. I believe weekends are best to play "intercontinental games" due to important time differences, so Andrew,  Robert, monwil and JT, perhaps we can arrange our games already for this weekend or the one after.

JT, you play on iPad too?

Cheers,
Jéré

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »
I will be available to play Sunday morning NZDT (UTC+13).

Lets say from 9am (8pm Sat UTC) (1pm Sat MST).

Does that suit anyone?

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 07:12:49 AM »
Dan - would it be possible for you to list the members of each group, along with their countries and time zones?

That would make it a lot easier when trying to set up game times.

Thanks!

monwil and I are in Canada, EST.
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada  EST

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »
I will be available to play Sunday morning NZDT (UTC+13).

Lets say from 9am (8pm Sat UTC) (1pm Sat MST).

Does that suit anyone?

Saturday evening would be fine for me. I'll be in the chatroom from 8pm UTC (9pm CET).

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:15 PM »
rfielder, would you or lineup be available for a game late this afternoon or evening. That won be late morning/afternoon here.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 11:32:02 PM »
Dan - would it be possible for you to list the members of each group, along with their countries and time zones?

That would make it a lot easier when trying to set up game times.

Thanks!

monwil and I are in Canada, EST.

I've added countries but I did it from memory so I can't be 100% sure. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »
I will be online tonight as well to play against whoever shows up in the chatroom. Then I will start sending PMs to people to schedule other matches. I'll be available in the evenings this coming week.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:40 AM »
Just want to let you know where I am - I'm not available tonight.  I suspect I'll be around tomorrow evening, will confirm tomorrow morning.  Work has told me I may need to travel for the next 3 weeks, but if that doesn't happen I should be around Tuesday night from around 7pm GMT.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
Princess & Dragon League: Fairies
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 01:05:54 PM »
First game in our group!

Jéré 144  -  Andrew the Ambo 115

I had a lucky last tile to close a mid-size city (bottom right with the fairy in it, worth 20+3 pts) so the score does not really show how close this game was! In fact, Andrew was in the lead for most of the game and towards the end I had no meeples left in my supply... I think I did a good job at trapping his meeples and while he was busy trying to untrap them (rescued 2 out of 4), I took control of the main farm, which made the difference. Well played Andrew!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:12:17 PM by Jéré »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 04:50:20 PM »
Jéré  229  -   rfielder  162

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 04:52:25 PM »
Jéré   138   -   Leven   113

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »
My first game of the league:

:violet-meeple: Leven vs  :red-meeple: Andrew the Ambo 163:74

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »
monwil vs AndrewtheAmbo

We had issues with the fairy not scoring. This seemed to occur after the game crashed though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:20:48 PM by Andrew the Ambo »

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 05:19:50 PM »
rfielder vs AndrewtheAmbo

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Must or may - The Princess (The Princess and The Dragon)

Started by Windekind

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9

Started by kettlefish

127 Replies
Last post May 09, 2016, 05:27:43 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Dragons

Started by danisthirty

137 Replies
Last post April 06, 2016, 01:43:29 AM
by kettlefish
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Princesses

Started by danisthirty

165 Replies
Last post April 06, 2016, 04:28:07 AM
by Chooselife
exclamation
Expansion League #4: The Princess & The Dragon - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by danisthirty

159 Replies
Last post May 13, 2016, 12:18:39 PM
by Halfling