Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159474 times)

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #780 on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:27 PM »
I am still interested in a copy when they arrive.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #781 on: December 29, 2015, 01:46:27 PM »
At last I have received the package from Basically Wooden, what I ordered at 4th of December!
Awesome items! Ferries definitely is more natural, when original ones, but meeples perfectly fit inside score tokens!
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
@whaleyland - you should ask for a copy of Crop Circles, if they didn't specify  ;) Glad to hear it's on target.

@Mr Numbers - great photos, I love the tokens and ferries are very nice!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
I am still interested in a copy when they arrive.
Noted. Once I get the package, I'll figure out what domestic New Zealand prices should be based on what I paid. I won't charge you any more than what the converted price should be + shipping. The other three I'll probably try to sell on TradeMe for a tinsy profit.

@whaleyland - you should ask for a copy of Crop Circles, if they didn't specify  ;) Glad to hear it's on target.
Funny you say that, because I totally asked for the Winter-Edition Crop Circles. I did not, however, ask for Crop Circles I because I actually nabbed that back when the Müller Edition was still circulating. I think the six tiles cost me somewhere around €20.00, which is cheaper than what I paid for Kathars (€26.00). Granted, now I have a second Kathars from when Spielbox "found" a missing box of them, but I digress.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 31, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »
Thanks to Decar, Kettle, Basically Wooden and anyone else who contributed to this haul.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 01, 2016, 06:08:43 AM »

Decar - those tiles look totally professional!

Thank you!
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #786 on: January 03, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »
Thanks Rosco, I'm glad you liked them.  I was very happy with the results. But it is a process of constant refinement for me.  Improvements can still be made.  Interestingly, I have 8 tiles here with your name against them....so that means someone might be missing theirs...

For those wondering,  this is Astronomers 2.0 - the expansion we first played on the UK Meetup 2015 -  There are now two constellations.  The stars are yellow (4-sided) or blue (5-sided).  The two constellations don't interfere with each other (unless you want).  I wanted to make sure players could quickly distinguish the constellations; hence the blue and yellow.  But I also wanted to make sure colour-blind players could differentiate the constellations too; hence the change in the number of sides.  On a side note the the blue and yellow are apparently easily differentiable for the 3-most-common forms of colour-blindness.

The tiles are intended to be high-value, so players are forced to decide whether to use them traditionally, or place them within a constellation.

The bags are from artscow.  I have quite a few on the way, so no doubt, if you've not got one, you'll be getting one soon :)

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 03, 2016, 12:19:26 PM »
We received a lovely fan expansion from Decar a few days ago (I didn't want to post a screenshot too soon just in case others hadn't received theirs yet). This is a slightly tweaked version of The Astronomers fan expansion that he brought to the UK meet up in Rugby, presented in a lovely bag. The quality of the tile printing is really impressive - you'd think that it was professionally done! Thanks very much Decar. In fact we liked it so much that Lukey-Dukey and I had a game that day (and added a couple of other mini expansions into the mix).

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #788 on: January 03, 2016, 01:00:55 PM »
Great Photo Rich (+1 for that)!  I can't take all the credit for the printing - Quevy's advice has been invaluable; we see further standing on the shoulders of giants etc :)

It's nice seeing my green matches better than the Monasteries!

It's great seeing how you've used the Astronomer tiles, I bet you were checking how to use them to the greatest effect.  I bet they worked really well with the monasteries - 2 geometric expansions :D

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #789 on: January 03, 2016, 03:06:13 PM »
Today, My postman (eg: me in the back of the car) delivered a rather elegant blanket box, the intention was to house my ever expanding game collection.  Specially, as I know I have quite a few more on the way.

Here's my problem though:

Not much room left for expansion :(

Interestingly enough:  The width of the trunk is exactly 2 HiG boxes wide; and the Height is also 4 HiG Boxes + A Travel Edition.

My mistake was buying all these other non-HiG Games - Now I have some odd holes to fill.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #790 on: January 04, 2016, 04:47:58 AM »
Cool idea! A 'treasure' chest full of board games would be great, but I guess it depends on whether you want to display them or not.

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 04, 2016, 08:09:21 AM »
We received a lovely fan expansion from Decar a few days ago (I didn't want to post a screenshot too soon just in case others hadn't received theirs yet). This is a slightly tweaked version of The Astronomers fan expansion that he brought to the UK meet up in Rugby, presented in a lovely bag. The quality of the tile printing is really impressive - you'd think that it was professionally done! Thanks very much Decar. In fact we liked it so much that Lukey-Dukey and I had a game that day (and added a couple of other mini expansions into the mix).

This could be the first image to participate in the photo contest :)
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2292.msg32351#msg32351
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #792 on: January 04, 2016, 10:14:03 AM »
I haven't posted here in a while. I've gotten a few orders in and more are on the way.

Isle of Skye arrived today and I unboxed it minutes after I got home. I haven't felt excited about a board game since my first Big Box (Carcassonne)!  :yellow-meeple:

World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #793 on: January 06, 2016, 07:44:37 AM »
Today the postman brought me Alhambra!

.... but no where to keep it!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #794 on: January 06, 2016, 10:15:49 AM »
Today the postman brought me Alhambra!

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it once you get to play it. A couple of reviews I've seen have said that the base game is good but not great, but adding the expansions to it really brings it up another level.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Game of Love Podcast

Started by danisthirty

2 Replies
Last post November 26, 2014, 05:52:39 AM
by danisthirty