Author Topic: My Latest Video Project...  (Read 7615 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
My Latest Video Project...
« on: May 12, 2014, 03:20:35 PM »
This is a video of the first of two games of Carcassonne I played last week against Carcking as part of the online league we're both taking part in at the moment:

(I have already checked with Carcking that he is happy for me to share our game via these forums and he is)

The game was played over the internet using JCloisterZone (http://jcloisterzone.com/en/) and recorded (at my end) using Screen Recorder from Rylstim (http://www.sketchman-studio.com/rylstim-screen-recorder). Both are free and very easy to use.

After we'd finished the game I edited the video using Windows Movie Maker to remove some of the long pauses due to thinking-time or general lag and sped the whole thing up too (the game is played back at double-speed). The result of this was that the video of our 20-minute game now lasts around four and a half minutes.

The background music was a random acoustic track I downloaded from last.fm (http://www.last.fm/music/+free-music-downloads). I wasn't fussy about what music I used but didn't want to use anything too distracting and was quite particular about length too. The track I chose is called "Soulful Filling" by General Fuzz.

I used a different version of Movie Maker to add the titles at the start and the still images/ link at the end of the finished video, and to tie the whole thing together before finalising it and uploading the end product onto YouTube.

Overall it was very easy to do using entirely free tools so I thought I'd link to it here in case anyone else has a passing interest in video editing/ Movie Maker and would like to do something similar of their own.

I hope you enjoy watching it almost as much as Carcking and I enjoyed playing it!

Dan

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=776.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:57:55 AM by danisthirty, Reason: changed link to video »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: My Latest Video Project...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:33:09 PM »
Good thing for analyzing games after playing :(y)
I also recorded my two games (second game - only last part, as I forgot to turn on recording), but I don't have enough skills to edit the video not to be boring to watch.
One thing I noticed about this video: in opening credits Carcking is red :red-meeple:, but he plays blue :blue-meeple: :D
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:34 PM »
Very cool Dan!

Now I wonder if you recorded our two trial games and have been studying my moves ever since  :P

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 11:58:40 PM »
@MrNumbers - I think working with Movie Maker is definitely more about patience than skill, but if you enjoy it then it's always worth the time and effort.

The reason Carcking played blue was because I'd already taken red. This was because we'd already agreed that I'd start the first game and I'd misunderstood how JCloisterZone determines who the start player is (it's actually the first player to pick a colour/ enter their name regardless of the actual colour)

@jungleboy - I wish I had recorded our games as I enjoyed playing them so much and would love to be able to relive them! Perhaps next time...

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 03:18:14 AM »
arrggh - danisthirty - you misspelled Carcassonne in the open segment. :(
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 03:38:44 AM »
Ouch! I can't believe I didn't spot that. Thanks Carcking...

I'll correct it and upload a replacement as soon as possible.

Doh!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 04:59:00 AM »
Fixed it now. Sorry about that...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Video related to Carcassonne thread

Started by Paul

1 Replies
Last post February 06, 2016, 06:53:17 AM
by Carcking
xx
Can We Embed A Video In A Post?

Started by Chuckybl

7 Replies
Last post April 02, 2015, 06:07:45 AM
by Chuckybl
xx
Video games

Started by MrNumbers

13 Replies
Last post February 02, 2016, 12:21:44 AM
by SRBO
xx
Mini review on the latest Minis!

Started by DavidY

4 Replies
Last post August 13, 2013, 03:34:42 AM
by Andrew the Ambo
xx
WTS LATEST RUSSIAN PROMOS (Solovei Razboynik & Vodyanoy)

Started by DavidY

16 Replies
Last post July 02, 2018, 09:25:07 AM
by asp204