Author Topic: Inns and Cathedrals and Traders and Builder Tile - Changes  (Read 29128 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Re: Inns and Cathedrals and Traders and Builder Tile - Changes
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 04:26:37 AM »

I can totally see a Carcassonne board game comic book release.  :D
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline orderoftheflame

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 04:46:19 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for posting these. I was wondering if there is any information relating to the release of the remaining expansions with the 2015 styling?

I've been trying to look around but quite new to Carcassonne (hence buying the new set, and not realising that all the existing expansions are released with the new styling, I understand it's not for everyone).

I'm not sure if I've pulled a mental block and failing to find obvious information or I'm there's genuinely not a lot of information about this. I've tried searching quite a lot, so apologies if this is a commonly asked question.

Are there any good resources or websites that are worth following for announcements on when the other expansions are likely to be released.

Thanks. :)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 04:54:08 AM »
Hi there, welcome to the forum.   No there's been no official word on the NEXT wave of expansions with the new art.  To be honest these were announced quite quietly and it TOOK AGES! 

I suspect (but for no reason) that Dragon and Princess & The Tower will be the next big re-releases, and probably not before Easter 2016, maybe even Essen.

To be honest, I think this is the best site to check for updates; people are dotted all over the world so when different international publishers release things we usually see a screenshot here first.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 04:54:55 AM »
Thanks for posting these. I was wondering if there is any information relating to the release of the remaining expansions with the 2015 styling?

So far the first two expansions (Inns and Cathedrals, and Traders and Builders) have been released in the new artwork. As far as I'm aware, nothing further has been announced. The news section of this forum is generally the best place for any news about Carcassonne, so keep watching that space.

On the one hand, the release of I&C and T&B in the new artwork seems to confirm what many of us suspected/feared: that the new artwork is the way of the future and that all previous major expansions and all new major expansions will be released in the new artwork.

On the other hand, it's also clear that I&C and T&B are the two most 'essential' expansions to the base game (hence their inclusion in all 5 Big Boxes). So those of us who are in favour of the old artwork can still hold onto the hope that the new artwork could just be restricted to the base game and the first two expansions, however unlikely that may seem.

Offline orderoftheflame

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 05:09:37 AM »
That's what I'd assumed based on finding no information.  :)

Hopefully, there's some compromise to the remaining expansions being released.

I understand people are dedicated to the existing style, but it would be a shame if all the people that were introduced to the game through the new version can't experience the expansions without sacrificing having matching tiles. :)

Thanks again!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
Hello and welcome to Carcassonne Central orderoftheflame! :)

You are our 3000th member! O0 :(y) :(y) :(y)

Offline orderoftheflame

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 10:28:31 AM »
Thanks very much. :-)

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 01:50:23 PM »
Hello everyone!

I also entered the world of Carcassonne with the new version (C2).  I became interested in the game and I found a new copy on Amazon and it said that included 2 mini-expansions, the River and the Abbot, so I was sold. I didn't realize that it was a brand new version with different art from all previous expansions.  I bought it close to a year ago, so that must have been when it first came out.

I liked the game so much that I bought a big box 5.  I didn't mind that the artwork was different because the game was still 100% compatible.  I was just happy to have access to many expansions that would work with my game.  I have since purchased Count/King/RobberBarron, Abbey/Mayor, Bridges/Bazaars, Tower, and several mini-expansions. 

I know I will take a lot of heat for the following statement, but here it goes:
I actually like the new artwork.   It is probably only because I started with the new and then added the old.....(this old artwork doesn't match my new game I thought to myself).

While it would be ideal to have everything match perfectly, the reality is otherwise. 

One important factor for newer Carc-ers like myself is the price/availability issue.  As the remaining quantities of older expansions are reduced, their prices go up significantly.  I bought the German version of Count/King/RobberBarron because the English version in the US is already over $35.   I quickly bought a German version I found for $20 because I was worried that the expansion was soon to become extinct or way way way overpriced. (River II by itself sells in US for $30 on ebay). 

I want to get Princess and Dragon, but it is way too expensive for me in the US ($45 on Amazon, $51 on ebay).  The German verson from Cundco will cost 36 euros after shipping.    So...... I am really hoping for it to be re-released, so I can get it a reasonable price.    Plus, if it does come out in CII design it should have some extra gardens for my abbots. 

:green-meeple:
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 06:01:08 PM »
I am the slightest bit curious to see what they do when they get to Expansion #7: The Catapult. I can imagine every expansion to that and every one after that getting a release in the new art, but I can't imagine them releasing The Catapult in the form it is currently available in. My hope: they create a new entirely different mechanic for the expansion and release it as that. In which case I can hopefully either fan-edit it for use with my own original copy or purchase separately the components required for the new edition. It is probably the only expansion in the new release style I'd be interested in checking out, if nothing else than to see what Hans im Glück does about an expansion it clearly must realise is a disaster compared to all their other expansions.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 12:15:57 AM »
Udo suggested that The catapult would not be seeing the light of day again. I hope the tiles do though, the tiles from this expansions are quite important, like the 3 way road for example. Let's hope they think of something new.

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
I'd also guess that they will simple skip The Catapult.  >:D
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 09:06:25 AM »
With the new version, they have a chance to reprint the old expansions, yes even the Catapult, but take into consideration all the changes, updating the rules to match against other expansions and, again in the Catapult case, do some serious changes.

As mentioned in an early post, the tiles are important as some of them are quite unique. They could simply skip the catapult part and introduce something else like a dice usage and add more tiles to the expansion to compensate the space of having all those tokens and the catapult wooden part removed.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
12 tiles is a mini-expansion  or two :(y)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 09:15:01 AM »
12 tiles is a mini-expansion  or two :(y)

Hopefully it will be cheaper than the older version. I can't for the life of me fathom why this expansion, which undoubtedly is the most hated one, is also one of the most expensive one in local stores.

And for those new members reading this, yes, I own 3 copies (used to be 4)!  >:D

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
In China, The Catapult is bundled with Carcassonne base box.  This edition is cheaper than just the base box alone.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Inns and Cathedrals & Traders and Builders

Started by DavidY

2 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 09:22:04 AM
by DavidY
xx
Builders and Traders: is extending a road with builder obligatory?

Started by lucash1891

3 Replies
Last post June 06, 2015, 10:23:25 AM
by lucash1891
clip
Inns and Cathedrals - tile with crossing

Started by kettlefish

10 Replies
Last post January 13, 2016, 02:48:29 PM
by Safari
xx
Inns and cathedrals tile - old art - without the meeples watermark